Does Disneyworld ever ID kids? Child Ticket Blunder!

DisneyDad_UK

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys,

We (Myself, My Wife and 9 year old boy (who will be 10 before we go) are returning to Disneyworld for 2 weeks from the UK for our 6th time, in Febuary (first time going in Feb!). We are very excited.

I booked our 14 Day Disney Tickets with Genie+ from Orlandoaddtractiontickets.co.uk but a week later after getting the will card email, I've realised I chose a Child 3 - 9 year old ticket for my boy, but he will be 10 before we go in Feb!

I contacted Orlandoaddtractiontickets.co.uk and they said it would cost £25 to amend, but i would loose the Genie+ as its now no longer an option from 8th june - NNOOOOO!!!

So my question is, does Disney World ever ID check kids? I am willing to pay the extra to get him the 10+ ticket which is what I tried to do, but not to loose the Genie+ I paid for!

I've already linked the tickets to My Disney Experience, and intend to buy magic bands before we go and link them also.

So providing all the tickets and magic bands are linked in My Disney Experience App, when we get to the parks, we should be able to go staight to the turnstyles and enter, without getting ID checked (or at least no ID checks on my son?

I'm sure many of you guys will better know the answer to this than myself, so many thanks in advance for any info on this!

For Foreign guests, I guess they could ID check but how would they to it for US/local children? I seem to remember that the only IDs in the US are passport or driving license. If you don't leave the country, a child does not need a passport and they are obviously too young to drive... How does it work then?

For Foreign guests, I guess they could ID check but how would they to it for US/local children? I seem to remember that the only IDs in the US are passport or driving license. If you don't leave the country, a child does not need a passport and they are obviously too young to drive... How does it work then?
Some airlines ask to see a birth certificate for lap babies.

Hmmm. So maybe back in April, the last time I went to WDW with the family, maybe my travel agent goofed a bit and got DD10 (she turned 10 a month or so before the trip) 3-9 tickets instead of 10+ tickets. I mean this person has been handling my WDW travel for years and has everyone's birthdates, but I guess with all the cancelling and what not, stuff happens.

Literally nothing happened, no one questioned her at the gate about age. I didn't even notice the ticket was not quite right until we were already there and just kept my mouth shut. Nothing I could have done about it at that point.

In my recollection, age only comes up at buffets or the prixe fixe restaurants. She is a very tall baby, almost as tall as me, but she had no trouble ordering off the kids menu for both quick serve and table service meals.

Thanks for your replies, Guys!

I changed his birth year on MDE before adding and linking the park tickets.

He does look a little younger for his age so that should help, thanks :)

You won't have any issues at all. They won't even ask especially since we are talking a few months at most. Now if he was 15 and you were trying to pass him off as 9, you might have some issues. LOL Go enjoy and don't worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter