Does anyone not do TS, and only do QS?

LeahA

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone has every tried not to do TS and did just QS for a week? Does it get old?

On my last trip with a friend, we did only QS except for one TS dinner. It was just fine, it didn't really get old. There was a surprisingly large variety of QS food. Some was better than others, but overall there weren't a ton of repeats on the trip. I like having sit down dinners, but the QS places were generally pretty decent and a lot quicker than table service meals.

We have 3 kids under 5 so we find it easier to only do CS (except one character meal). We have done 3 trips like this and have never gotten tired of the food (and I have also never had a burger at disney!). There is much variety and I always actually have a hard time choosing where to eat because there are too many good options :)

We did it once before but it did get old for us. We like at least 1 TS a day. I would say there were lots of choices at QS but we like to sit down and be waited on at least once a day while on vacation. It depends on your style of vacationing.

We have done only QS paying OOP and we have gone on the regular DDP. For us going QS works best. I had researched QS options so we knew what was available at each park and it worked out great. We are commando park goers and like the convenience of QS over TS. Also DS10 and DD8 would much rather be riding rides than sitting through a long meal (even if it is a character meal).

We've done QS only many times. Especially on our shorter trips. I find a decent variety of things to eat. We do TS once in a while, but I hate having to be somewhere at a particular time when I'm on vacation. This time we are only doing breakfast TS so we can have the rest of our days free.

I have also done QS only several times. The most recent was just last week. I don't eat burgers, fries or chicken tenders, yet I find many, many yummy options and it never gets old!

I was wondering if anyone has every tried not to do TS and did just QS for a week? Does it get old?

We (two adults) rarely do table service. Our favorites -

Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ for ribs, chicken and pork sandwich. We'd probably also do Yak and Yeti counter service for egg rolls and the other Asian dishes

Studios - hands down, our favorite is the Studios Catering Company for the Pressed Tuscan Deli and Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. We've also been eying Fairfax Fare for their ribs and chicken.

Epcot - I won't even mention the multitude of different cultures for food. Just skip America and you'll be fine.

Magic Kingdom - Cosmic Ray's has four different sections for food so you can get anything from a cheesesteak to a burger. Plus a fixing bar. Pecos Bill's has a taco salad. Columbia Harbor House has a lobster roll. Pinocchio Village Haus has flatbreads.

You can find a ton of things besides burgers and fries at Disney World.

We have always used CS places. We once had a character meal at Crystal Palace. Next yr will be our first trip doing TS. I don't think it gets old. There are plenty of places to choose from. we were always on a strict budget and couldn't afford anything else. Oh I take that back my aunt did pay for us to have a Thanksgiving dinner at the Biergarten one yr.

We did QS during food & wine. We did not miss the TS meals at all. We haven't done it since but we mainly did it for food & wine gluttony !

That being said I would do just QS again but would probably do one TS during our visit just because we love it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

we have done oop, ddp and qsdp.
hands down, our favourite is qsdp.
don't like having to decide so far in advance where to eat,
don't like being tied to having to be somewhere at a certain time,
happy with the choice and variety available with cs,
no waiting to be seated 30 minutes past adr time-
we could've ordered and practically finished eating in this time! :goodvibes

have reduced the TS meals the last few trips. We have a trip in June and may not have any TS meals. We are still discussing Hoop-De-Doo.

The reduction was due to the kids wanting to be on rides/attractions more. This trip we're adding in Universal which will further reduce park time at WDW.

Thank you for your information and ideas! I have done the DDP and OOP for many years. We usually do 1 TS meal a day, but I would really like to reduce our food budget. We are thinking about going the week between Christmas and New Years. I've heard the lines for QS are long, so I am not sure what we are going to do!

We only do QS with maybe one TS and I can tell you I only had one one burger and one pizza meal for a 6 day trip (OK 2 TS but B&C is only a quasi TS, oh and we did go to Longhorn steak house because we had a car and Gift Cards ) and we didn't even go to Sunshine Seasonings.

I can tell you though that I think its getting harder and harder to find variety in meals. Years ago I did a little survey when someone commented that if they did only QS they though they would only be eating burgers, hot dogs and pizza.

At the time I could only find one place (maybe 2 for Epcot) in each park that sold those items, but it did seem that this last time burgers had taken over most of the QS places.

If you are a major foodie then the QSDP might not be right for you but if you would rather see the attractions and shows and not be tied down to sit down reservations then it is the best plan IMO.:thumbsup2

BTW, thankfully read, thanks to another OP, that the American CS now has a good sounding steak dinner so it might be a choice after all but Norway Bakery is still one of our favorites even though they no longer offer the soup but you get a choice of fruit or salad to go with the sandwich, drink and item from their fabulous bakery now. :cool1:

Slightly Goofy

Prior to the DP coming about, we would plan one to three sit down meals for an entire weeks trip and do quick service the rest of the time. No I didn't get tired of those meals. There is a pretty wide variety of quick service meals.

I have a ten day trip planned in December and one ADR (Le Cellier lunch) scheduled. I have a ten day trip planned for January and no ADR's planned. WDW has really come a long way in their CS dining options - it's not all burgers and hot dogs these days. I am another one that prefers to dine when they are hungry - not because there is an ADR saying I must. The worst park in my opinion for CS dining is DHS - but I can still find items that are good. It just takes a little more effort. Of course, I feel Epcot has the best variety because of WS.

We rarely book a TS meal, maybe one or two a trip so rely heavily on CS meals and find we are very happy eating only CS. I rarely if never eat a burger so there are plenty of options out there, I also don't do chicken strips/nuggets.

During Christmas weeks, the CS places are busy but alot of them close the tables off and only allow people with food to sit, so finding a place to sit and eat is easy because the CMs do it for you. That helps alot.

We have also been able to walk up and get a last me TS before too, one night it was particularly cold at epcot and we went to Rose and Crown and asked if there was an available table and were seated immediately and we were a party of 9! Also walked into T-Rex and Rainforest at Dtd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter