Does anyone have an oscillating fan outside to keep mosquitos away?

We do! My husband set one at our kitchen door this summer (the only door we use) and it has really helped.

I don’t, but my neighbor does, and he swears it helps and he spends a lot of time outside.

I never sit outside in the evenings because I'm a mosquito magnet. Bug spray (even DEET), citronella candles and those little wristband things do nothing. I'll give this a try!

We used to keep one in our rv, worked great! We have a large covered front porch at home and have ceiling fans that work too.

We have both ceiling fans and a large oscillating fan on our patio, but we still use citronella candles -- especially under tables. Fans work where they reach, but they have limitations.

Yes. We used to also have a mosquito service but we decided to discontinue because we didn’t want to kill the pollinators. We now have a smaller commercial grade fan that has a really good kick to it. I setup the screen & projector in the backyard usually once a week between April-October. During movie nights, I’ll use two smaller Honeywell fans that are extremely quiet and they also work just fine.

Fans work to keep all sorts of flying bugs away! I don’t know why it took me so long to learn this.

TC :cool1:

Fans work to keep all sorts of flying bugs away! I don’t know why it took me so long to learn this.

TC :cool1:
They can, but it matters what kind of fan, the placement of the fan, and the force of the fan.

For example, we have overhead fans on our patio which are great for cooling and they do keep mosquitos away from our heads and torsos. But they just drive the mosquitos below the tables to our legs, which are tastier anyway!

The fan in the picture above was very effective in keeping bugs away completely, but it costs more than $2,000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!