Does anyone have a pictures of a epcot wedding?

Coloradogrl

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone has any infor or pictures of an epcot wedding? I havent ever seen any pics of those location other than what is in the wishbook and those are pretty limited! The planner made epcot seem pretty nice other than the 9 in the morning part but he recommended that we could do a illumanations dessert party that evening then too

Coloradogrl said:
I was wondering if anyone has any infor or pictures of an epcot wedding? I havent ever seen any pics of those location other than what is in the wishbook and those are pretty limited! The planner made epcot seem pretty nice other than the 9 in the morning part but he recommended that we could do a illumanations dessert party that evening then too

I am going to be getting married in the Italy Isola in Epcot next april. I have a few pics of the isola, but not of anyone's wedding. I didn't have much luck finding many pics there either.

Personally, I am really happy with my choice and can't wait!! I love the idea of the Isola because it is surrounded by the world showcase lagoon, so it's more of an epcot wedding then an "italy" wedding, you know?

Keep in mind you have to add in your budget charter transportation - the bus is 584 and then something for your bridal party (we are choosing limo - around 300 dollars)

My information is only based on what the coordinator has told me so far, but let me know if you have any questions!

We had our vow renewal in Epcot at the Isola this last June. It is a beautiful spot... we were so pleased. Since the ceremony was at 9:00, we had a brunch reception at The Attic on the Boardwalk. We all sailed from Epcot to the Boardwalk on our very own Friendship boat! After the reception, our guests spent the day at Epcot and we all joined together again for the Illuminations dessert party. There are a few pictures in my siggie.

Thanks so much for letting me see those GREAT photos :earsboy: I am hoping to do the same thing on our wedding day. Morning wedding and having an illumanations dessert party that night. Did you happen to see the back up location at all?

SorcerersApprentice said:
We had our vow renewal in Epcot at the Isola this last June. It is a beautiful spot... we were so pleased. Since the ceremony was at 9:00, we had a brunch reception at The Attic on the Boardwalk. We all sailed from Epcot to the Boardwalk on our very own Friendship boat! After the reception, our guests spent the day at Epcot and we all joined together again for the Illuminations dessert party. There are a few pictures in my siggie.

How many people will a friendship boat hold? Did you stay or change back into your gown for the Illuminations Dessert party?

Your renewal was beautiful :goodvibes I was thinking of the Courtyard in Italy. It is between that and the WP :confused3

Coloradogrl, our back-up location was to be the American Rotunda, but I believe there are a number of different ones they may use. They wil let you know depending on your date and size of group.
WithDisneySpirit, we had 42 people at our VR and I believe the boat holds about 50. We changed to casual clothes so we could enjoy our day at Epcot. I had planned to change back into my dress for the Illuminations party but we had some huge thunderstorms that evening, so I stayed casual. In fact, we had to use the back up location for the dessert party due to the weather. That was above the Maelstrom ride in Norway. The weather cleared up right before the show, however, so we all high-tailed it over to the UK lower terrace and had a great view of the show.

Mary

I noticed that you rented a "friendship boat" what is that we looked into getting a private boat for illumantions but they told me that it would only hold 10

The Friendship boats are the boats they use regularly at Epcot to take you across the World Showcase Lagoon to the different pavilions. It can also take guests out of Epcot by the International Gateway to the Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club resort area. These are not the same boats that you would rent for the Illuminations viewing. Someone I spoke with at FTW very early on in our planning had suggested using the Friendship after the ceremony and I was sold on the idea immediately!

Mary

Thank you so much for those pictures!! Now I have a much better image of how our wedding will look :sunny: I can't wait!! You looked stunning and so happy!

I never heard that you could use the friendship boat!! I hope this option is still available, I just emailed my coordinator about it. She never mentioned it to me before. so I'm thinking it might not be an option anymore..., but I would love to do that instead of the charter bus!!

It took me awhile to find the information, but I finally found it. Here goes...

There was a woman years ago who got married in Epcot (Italy). Here is the old FTW website write-up: click here.

Here is the link to a few of her Epcot (Italy) photos: click here. And here is the link to her main webpage: click here. You'll find lots of photos there, along with her story.

I hope that helps.

Here is a 360-degree view of the Italy Courtyard from the official FTW website: click here. (Note: In order to view that, Apple's free QuickTime viewer should be installed on your computer.)

My ceremony was not in World Showcase, but we did our photo session there. I have a few pictures scanned and up on our family site.

http:\\public.fotki.com\ahutton1

Coloradogirl, I am choosing an EPCOT ceremony. We are going to be married in May. Here are the reasons that I chose it. Yes it is early, and I am NOT an early morning person at all. BUT, you can have a brunch reception which is less expensive than dinner. That was definately a deciding factor for me! Also, I like the idea of an outside venue during the flower and garden festival. Basically, I am not going to need to spend any money on ceremony decor except for maybe the altar arrangement! I will be having a dessert party that night, but I will not be chartering a bus for that.

Mostly the decision was money driven and the ability to have the ceremony inside the park. The MK ceremony was out, but the magic will still be there with family and friends. If you want to know more, just PM me.

Mary626 said:
I never heard that you could use the friendship boat!! I hope this option is still available, I just emailed my coordinator about it. She never mentioned it to me before. so I'm thinking it might not be an option anymore..., but I would love to do that instead of the charter bus!!

i never heard that either but would love to know if its possible to rent/use for the wedding transportation between the yc & epcot, please let me know if you hear anything about this from your em, i will be emailing mine tomorrow with the same inquiry. our reception & dinner is at ariels & i would love for us & guests to just take the friendship boat to epcot for our illuminations dessert party.

So where exactly in Epcot do the dessert parties take place? I thought it was somewhere in the World Showcase area?? When we went to see Illuminations last September we stood by the France pavilion and the view for Illuminations was awful. We didn't even stay for the whole show because you couldn't even see half of what was going on.

SRUAlmn said:
So where exactly in Epcot do the dessert parties take place? I thought it was somewhere in the World Showcase area?? When we went to see Illuminations last September we stood by the France pavilion and the view for Illuminations was awful. We didn't even stay for the whole show because you couldn't even see half of what was going on.
The ones I know of are Upper and Lower UK, Upper and Lower French Island, Italy Isola, & Isola West Wing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter