Does anyone get the communication error message on Ding?

vossjemi

I LUV 2 Travel!!!
I have this at home (XP) and did the work around at work (2000). Sometimes, when I turn my computer on at home, it all works out fine. Dings, and I check it. But, sometimes, when the little soutwest icon appears it actually has a big exclamation point covering it, and when I click on it, it says there was a communication error. It never clears up. I have to turn off the computer and reboot. This has happened maybe 3 times since I got the download. Anyone know why?

p.s. Just got it at work today and so far that seems to be working fine!

Make sure your Firewall protection allows for the SWA website - I had to turn mine off, but just for the SWA website.

I'm also running XP and mine does the same thing, too.
Rather than reboot, I right click on the ding icon and choose exit. Then I open the ding program again from the start and programs menu. That clears it up for me until the next time I sign off.

I know there is a bug in >Ding< with Windows 2000. I cannot use Ding at work because I have a proxy server.

meuseman said:
I know there is a bug in >Ding< with Windows 2000. I cannot use Ding at work because I have a proxy server.

I am in the same boat having to use a proxy server. I wanted to write to SWA to ask if Ding could be configured to use the proxy, but I cannot figure out where to send the request. Anyone have any ideas?

chasbos said:
Make sure your Firewall protection allows for the SWA website - I had to turn mine off, but just for the SWA website.
Well, I have Norton, and shortly after I installed the program I got the msg that southwest was trying to access my computer, and wanted to know if I'd allow it. I clicked on the always allow, so I'm not sure why I sometimes get this error thing. Its not every time. Just sometimes. Weird. How do I check to be sure I have the firewall turned off for swa?

Running ME here and I often get the error, most especially when there are no deals or they have expired. I just close the program and reopen it.

I have Norton 2004,on 2003 I believe you click options>INTERNET SECURITY AND THEN CLICK THE WEB CONTENT TAB ...

Running at work behind a proxy server with XP Pro and mine works fine.

Meanwhile at home the only time I lost communications was when the cable went down (gee I wonder why?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter