Does anyone actually believe this?

We stayed at POP once during this huge cheer event. Our room was overlooking a courtyard area and it was incredibly loud. We called the front desk to ask if there was a room somewhere at POP that was a little more quiet and they said "Animal Kingdom Lodge would be more quiet I bet." and moved us to Kidani Village. Didn't ask for anything other than a quieter room where we were and they upgraded us majorly. It was great.
That's amazing! I would have been over the moon! That right there is a snippet of what Disney used to do regularly. I applaud them for that. What a treat!

Stayed at BLT a few years back In a park view room high in the tower and had several issues with the room. Door didn’t lock, there was a cockroach in the hallway, and in the room (We happened to be a few doors down from their garbage room...didn’t even know such a thing existed). They offered to move us to the garden view room....but we really wanted the park view. So they moved us for one night while they prepped another. The cast was wonderful and accommodating to help us out. And gave us fast passes for our troubles.

So... we actually saw this family while waiting in line for Test Track last Monday. Crazy to pull up this story and see them! Lol
If you do a quick google search, you will learn a lot about them. And there is quite a bit to learn!
Hard to give merit to their story after a google search!

That family is a bunch of scammers.... Disney documents every complaint and tracks everything, so when this family complains when the sheets are too cold in the room, they want to be compensated. They're fabricating all these fake complaints to be compensated. Disney is on to them and that's why this family went to the media.

Last edited:

It’s sad that some people believe they should’ve compensated for everything. I do believe that some of it is true, but some they exaggerated I’m sure to get even more compensation We have had a cockroach and a lizard in our room. (We laughed that the lizard was probably following the cockroach.) There have been rooms that were dusty. I can also see there being a mix up and the room was not cleaned properly. But these people were already compensated for this problem with a free upgrade to a deluxe resort. They should be grateful for that!

It’s sad that some people believe they should’ve compensated for everything. I do believe that some of it is true, but some they exaggerated I’m sure to get even more compensation We have had a cockroach and a lizard in our room. (We laughed that the lizard was probably following the cockroach.) There have been rooms that were dusty. I can also see there being a mix up and the room was not cleaned properly. But these people were already compensated for this problem with a free upgrade to a deluxe resort. They should be grateful for that!

The lizard wouldn't bother me but a cockroach! Yikes! I wouldn't be able to sleep in that room.

We were staying at an All Star Resort as part of a group and a cockroach ran across the bed. My husband killed it and when I stopped screaming 😂 I phoned the front desk immediately and their response was that it’s not completely unusual being a tropical climate. They did offer to spray the room but I declined as it was the evening and we were switching to POR the next morning. We didn’t make a big deal and had no issues at POR.

This is the absolute definition of "self entitlement". These guys make it well known and show boat the fact that they take in foster children and children with disabilities. They make sure that everyone knows how good of people that they are for doing what they do for these kids. They have used this to their advantage for years and feel like Disney should just give them a free vacation because they are entitled to it for what they do. Because Disney wont just give em a freebie, they turn to the media in hope for pity from the public but their plan has somewhat backfired. Cause now the truth is coming out and they are being exposed for what they really are, self entitled scam artists. I will agree that yea, their room could've been dirty, had a roach, etc on their very first trip and Disney compensated them but after several trips and the same complaints, its obvious what their doing. If you dont like the place, then dont go back, it's simple. Bottom line is they feel entitled and that everyone owes them because they do a good deed and help children. Guess what, true loving and caring people dont show boat and brag about it, they dont ask for anything or look for hand outs, they care for the children in comforts and quietness of their home. These guys should lose their privileges to foster anymore children at all and should have their adopted children removed and relocated to a true loving household.

Three years ago we stayed at Yacht Club. It was my first WDW trip. There was underwear inside the sofa bed. It was disgusting. We got nothing from the hotel after our complaint. 🤷🏻‍♀️ They were upgraded from a moderate resort to one of the nicest on property... sounds like they expected too much from the hotel.

I don’t believe them no.

Also I don’t want anything when their are minor mistakes. I hate when people demand or expect compensation for nonsense.

Exactly. We are all human and nobody is perfect. These are normal everyday people that work there, not "Disney". Not to mention they dont even get paid that well at all, it's a lower income job. Plus, their dealing with 10's of thousands of people a day, so yes sometimes things get overlooked or maybe not done quite as well as it should've but this doesn't mean people
are entitled to compensation, anyone expecting or wanting that is just looking for a free handout and nothing more. If there is something wrong with ur room by all means complain but after u complain to Disney and they take care of it, then it's a done deal, end of story, disney fixed the issue and fulfilled their obligation, there is not compensation for that nor should there be. Were visiting a state that has one of the highest rated bug problems in the country because of the weather and if u lived in Florida u would have an exterminator at ur house every 2 weeks spraying for bugs, so yea ur going see a roach, lizard or bug from time to time, it's normal and doesn't justify being compensated. Compensation is for a loss, if u end up losing money because of something Disney directly done then yeah ur entitled to compensation, otherwise ur not. But as far as bugs, dirty room, hidden objects left behind, as long as Disney takes care of it, there is no compensation and it shouldn't be expected. We all have the right to leave if we dont like something but to stay and expect compensation is wrong. Guarantee if those that wanted compensation were told they had leave to get compensated, they would cry like babies and beg to stay and say forget compensation. Kudos to those that have a legit complaint and are happy once Disney fixes their issues and dont expect upgrades or free handouts. This family has got to be regretful for taking things this far cause all this has done is brought the true to light and now all the folks in their community that have been giving these scammers money are going learn the truth and stop giving, something tells me their going get what they deserve in the end.

I don’t believe them no.

Also I don’t want anything when their are minor mistakes. I hate when people demand or expect compensation for nonsense.

off topic, but a hair dresser near my house complained about Disney closing the parks early for hurricane Dorian and wanted compensation since she didn’t have to spend the money on an all star room. We live 2 and a half hours away, but the ridiculousness of her wanting anything astounded me.

We have been to Disney many times and never saw anything like these people are claiming. In fact, the primary reason we bought our DVC ownership was because we felt Disney took much better care of their properties than other timeshares and hotels.

Had a trip that I went with Son in Law, Daughter and family. It was at Pop Century and we had separate rooms. Son in Law went to front desk and complained of Bug infestation and wanted a new room. It turned out there was one Bug. They gave him a new room with no issues, but I have to tell you I was a little surprised that a grown man would get grossed out by one bug in a room. After all, WDW is in Florida.

The couple were on a radio 2 quiz show recently. Both declared love for WDW and stated that they had visited over 30 times. No mention of sub standards, ruined holiday or the ‘trip of a lifetime’.😉 Clearly they have their own method for obtaining discounts and upgrades.😂😱

The couple were on a radio 2 quiz show recently. Both declared love for WDW and stated that they had visited over 30 times. No mention of sub standards, ruined holiday or the ‘trip of a lifetime’.😉 Clearly they have their own method for obtaining discounts and upgrades.😂😱

That's awful. And really, what can Disney do about it? If they tried to put a stop to them, it would likely end in a PR nightmare.

The lizard wouldn't bother me but a cockroach! Yikes! I wouldn't be able to sleep in that room.
In Florida? Unless it’s a tiny German cockroach I don’t care, the large ones are actually palmetto bugs and live outside and on occasion come inside the house, German cockroachs actually prefer to cohabitate with humans and live off of our waste (think food crumbs, etc.). You get infestations of German cockroach’s but not palmetto bugs.

And yes - I have experience a roach in my room - my last night at POP I went to go use the hand towel to dry my face and found a palmetto bug, I may have screamed before killing it - but it was not news worthy nor worth telling the staff. Really it’s Florida, it’s to be expected. I don’t think it even hit a highlight of the trip when I told people about the visit.

Insects are a fact of life in FL. Anoles (the lizards which eat those bugs), Palmetto bugs, love bugs, etc. It was not uncommon to see anoles and palmteeo bugs in the house even after the exterminator had been there. The exterminator was mainly for spider control.

Live in a tropical area, you have bugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!