Does Anybody like Chef Mickeys?

Well keep in mind that this is from our experience 10 years ago......so.....food was your typical buffet/cafeteria food, it was not bad but not good, sort of average, the characters were awesome, spent tons of time with Mickey and Donald even pulled up a chair and sat for bit and played with my kids, it was awesome. But then we are all there to eat and again I will have say it just was ok, are we going to do CM this trip with no kids, NO..............................so........

For breakfast we enjoy it - we did it once for dinner and didn't care for it at all.

We did CM when our boys were young and they really enjoyed it. We did breakfast and it was a ZOO but the character interaction was awesome. Would my kids have wanted to do it as teenagers? (insert eye roll here), no.

It used to be a must do for us when the kids were littler. The food wasn't horrible, but it definitely wasn't the best. We like breakfast more than dinner. Although the kids loved the make your own sundae bar and always came back with "interesting" concoctions. Now that they are older and aren't as into the characters, we plan to skip it for awhile.

We ate their a few weeks ago for brunch. Yuck. We are not overly picky and our group of 6 with two children aged 9 all went with low expectations. Terrible rushed character interaction and the food was overall pretty bad. Mickey waffles and pancakes were good of course. It was our families worst meal of the entire week.

We have always loved it-while the food isn't amazing, we thought it was pretty good and had some variety (we went for dinner). Great interaction with the fab 5 characters. We had tried the character breakfast at Ohana first and wasn't impressed-either with the food or with the characters. We far prefer Chef Mickey's. That said, we don't feel we can justify the cost of it this summer. The kids are getting older and we have been there so many times. We have had many wonderful dinners there though and if I were going to book another character meal-this would be the one I would choose.

Not only do I feel as if the overall experience does not justify the cost, I would pay to NOT eat there.

It's a somewhat pricey high volume buffet and therefore subject to all of the drawbacks one might expect. I think the main draw is the characters and the location and we find it to be a fun experience when we have little ones with us. Given all that, I'd have to admit that yes, I think we do like Chef Mickey's!

We like it a lot... my son was actually mad at me cause I didnt book us there this December.... had to make a change...lol

I think Chef Mickey's is a must-do if you want to do character dining. It's a bucket list sort of thing. I've eaten there a few times, for breakfast because there was a time when I was obsessed with character dining and it seemed compulsory.

However, the more character dining locations you visit, you quickly realize that Chef Mickey's is the "worst" of the lot, if we're being honest. I feel like you sort of let it's deficiencies slide your first visit or 2 because of the excitement you're at Mickey's place and his best friends are there.

My breakfasts were always good quality but still, would rank the food last of all the character meals I have had (which is almost all of the locations). Only ever had breakfast here, though. Here's the thing. The place becomes a crowded madhouse and isn't designed with enough space to walk around and get your food and every time I have gone here, the food stations get uncontrollably messy and food is all over the floor by them too. This bothered me and became a deterrent to my going back, eventually, when I considered there are so many other nicer character buffets that are cleaner, with better environments for crowd control, and also all with better food. And Mickey is at some of them, too.

That being said, never did lunch there or dinner. But generally, I have noticed it essentially gets the worst reviews of all the character buffets for those meals, as well.

We went for lunch. My grandson absolutely loved it. When the characters came out he was smiling the whole time and loved taking pictures with them. For us, that was all that was important. As for the food, well, IMO it's just buffet food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter