Does anybody just want to BE THERE???

Include us in on that. I don't care what I'd be doing as long as I was on Disney property.

My DH, a high school social studies teacher, views the very act of walking around WDW and just "being" a form of therapy!!

Annual Passes=the death of "going commando"

:flower: IVY :flower:

DH and I have had passes for 2 years now and never get tired of Disney!! Like you, we don't worry about doing all the rides...or even seeing all the sights...because we know we'll be back!

I agree with other posters, EATING is one of our favorite things to do in Disney. Not that the food is THAT special, but we love eating in the festive atmosphere and having so many places to choose from.

We also love to walk around and just enjoy the festival atmosphere. Our #1 MUST DO is for me to buy a glass of champagne in France, and for DH to buy a beer in England, and then to go see the British Invasion (Beatles tribute band) in England. This is especially magical at night!

We also don't feel the need to go on everything. When we went May 18-23 we skipped all of Tomorrowland, much of Fantasyland, all the evening shows except for part of wishes, all the parades, and several things at MGM. :) No worries, we're going back in August.

The job, the stress, the debt, the bad traffic and all the stupid people...you pass under that blue sign and put everything on hold...it doesn't really matter if the parks are packed, the food tastes bad, the mosquitos are hungry, or if the rain never stops. It is just "being there" that is enough for me. Just watching it all come together, you can smell the excitement, hear the wonderful aromas, and see the happy voices...it's a pleasant collision of senses. Even those stupid people who sneak under the blue sign behind me are tolerable. The only difficult part of the experience is leaving it all behind to return to the hum-drum. But at least you have something to look forward to...the next time ::MickeyMo

I know exactly what you mean. Maybe that's why we are moving there. "There is some thing in the air." I love to watch people changing, becoming nicer shall we say having a disney attitude as they enter the property. If we could just bottle the disney air, we could make a fortune. hmm

Im with you :cheer2:

I just want to be there, this will be the longest 19 days of my life (always is when were awaiting our next trip). :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm a "just want to be there" person, too. I love the whole atmosphere. I have since I first went to Disneyland on my honeymoon in 1962!! -- and the World is so much more. My husband I brought our children to the World in 1977, and since his passing in 1993, I have brought my grandchildren one at a time (just me and one of them - the best bonding experience ever!!) and have traveled there with my adult children - just us a couple of times, and also with friends. There is nowhere else in the world like it. I enjoy cruising, but keep returning to the world. Just give me a bench, a couple of character meals, and a few magical moments, and I'll be back again and again, no matter what rides there are. My favorites are actually the classics, although I will go on the "thrill" rides (although I haven't tried "Mission Space" yet. When I was there in March, I had a sinus infection that was affecting my ears, and didn't want to chance it. I intend to try it in December.

Count me in the "I just want to be there" crowd. I was just in Disney this past December and can't wait to get back there in August. I come with a group of girlsfriends and our ages range from early 20s to mid 40s and we have such a great time together and each year we add a new person to the group and get excited all over again because we all want to show her what makes us such Disney-holics. Some people just don't get and can't understand why I am so addicted to Disney, yes we do other vacations but if Disney is not included sometime during the year, something feels completely off balanced. You know what really sets me off, when we are driving under the "Disney arch" it's as though we actually drove through a different Zone. I sometimes have to cover my eyes with my "shades" to hide the tears of joy. Once we are onsite, something "magical" comes over me and if I don't go into the parks thats fine to because I just glad :bounce: to be at Disney... :cheer2:

So happy I'm not the only one :rotfl: We have gone 5 times in the past year and yet all I can think about is going back! We like to hang out at the pool all day :drinking1 and just go to the parks for about 2 hours at night - then have a nice dinner. Oh well, we could all be doing worse things!! :goodvibes
Oh, better get back to work............

We are at 40 days and I think I'm going to bust!!!!

The days keep dragging by so slowly. I just wish I could keep busy doing something to make the time go by more quickly, but all I do is spend every spare moment on the boards ........

I need a life.:rotfl:

We just got back and Dh and I are already planning our next trip. I have converted a non believer LOL!! We are going to plan an adults only trip and just hang out. No schedules, no worrys :)

Yes, I want to "be there." Even though we had a 10 day trip, it was a first trip for us (unless you count the one in the early 70s). We had been to DL in 2003 and DLP in 2004, so I thought we'd have a lot of time to relax and take everything in on our recent trip. But it all went so fast.

I was looking at our pictures and saw how cool the front of Mission Space is. While I was there I was too busy fumbling for Fast Passes to notice. I never went down the slide at Stormalong Bay. We had a view of the quiet pool at YC, but I never went in. I never walked out on the dock at CR. We went for a little visit of WL and Poly and GF, but why didn't we go inside Boardwalk Inn or drive over to AKL? We never had time for caramel corn or a funnel cake. And I only had one Dole Whip.

The worst part is, DH is telling everyone "Well we've done Disney now. We never need to go back." I have reservations at AKL for the week of Thanksgiving and haven't cancelled them yet, however.

Yep, we only did about 10 rides in the week we were there in December total. I just love being there, enjoying the resort, we go to movies, walk around DD, just do all kinds of "odd" things for Disney World. Love it!!!

We went 4 times last year and now not til November, YIKES, it's not easy.

Someone asked DH what he was doing next week-end. He said he didn't know, but if you give my wife the day and time, she will tell you what we have planned for November at Disney World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

I usually don't plan much if it's just DH and myself now, but taking my niece, I want to be sure I have my "must do's" planned for her!!! Fun fun fun and so long to wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter