Does anybody have an update

dvcdudes

Mouseketeer
on the renovation going on at BWV? We're going "home" 3/23. I wasa just curious as to what to expect as far as the work being done. We've been there 3 times as members and each time there was renovations. Just wondering where they are up to???

Still construction by the General Store, working on the Quiet pool through 3/30. Starting to work by Luna Park on the facades on 3/31.

During our October 2001 stay at BWV, a foreman with the construction company told me they expected the renovations to take an additonal two years. So expect construction until fall of 2003.

We weren't staying there but walked the boardwalk and had dinner at Beaches & Cream. I didn't get right up underneath, but the entire area that is directly under the Boardwalk sign was covered in like a clear plastic sheeting/covering. All of the rooms under the Boardwalk sign and on both sides were completely covered. We were there on Thursday and Saturday and both days this was like this. Not sure what was going on, but from an external point of view, it was pretty unsightly. Can imagine what it looked like from the inside, ha!

WOW!!! :( I didn't think it would be going on that long. The renovations never really interfered with our trips but the last time we were there they just started the area just outside the lobby heading out to the BWon our last day there. It wasn't like it was that bad but if it were our first day it would have put a little bit of a damper on the feeling of taking in the beauty of the resort. I know the work has to be done and WE will reap the benefits for years to come but I just joined in 2000 and they've been working ever since. If they aren't going to finish until fall 2003 that means 4 more trips with construction going on.:eek:

We jsut returned a week ago and yes the contruction is still going on but it honestly didn't effect our trip one bit. The shops are all open and the rooms were fine....nothing going on in the lobby at all.........have I mentioned that we JUST LOVE IT and my husband actually mentioned buying more points without me mentioning it first!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter