Do you wear Lime Green when you go to Disney?

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
Do you wear the Dis color of Lime Green when you go to Disney?

Do you wear the lime green mickey paint chip, or do you wear green clothes, or what?

Do you approach people in lime green, and spend time looking for other Dis'ers?

Do people approach you?

Just wondering, thanks! :flower:

No - only because I love to wear my fave color at Disney - light pink! Don't ask me why, I just do! :blush: I'm afraid if I add lime green I'll attract too much attention to myself, and not in a good way! :teeth:

While I have worn lime green it is not because of the Dis, it is because I like the color. I have looked out for lime green ribbons but never found any.

I'm headed the "lime green ribbons on the fanny pack" route. If I get over to Home Depot between now and our trip, I'll pick up a Mickey paint chip, but there's a Lowes between here and there. . . Well, not that I have lime green ribbon, either. . . hmmm. Dilemma!

DH, DS and I did a lime green day on our WDW trip in March, but it was more an "everybody wears color X on day Y" :3dglasses thing. My parents are already freaked that I'm PLANNING our days (not down to the minute, but general touring plans)--they are so not going to understand the lime green for DIS or the "everybody wears one color" thing.

D-n-C

I have a lime green ribbon on my backpack. I've never seen any other lime green things, nor has anyone noticed mine.

I have an orange ribbon on my bag for another travel group, but no one's ever said anything for that, either.

Maybe I'm just scary. :teeth:

I have a lime green Mickey head on one side of the plastic holder on the bottom of my lanyard (see middle pic below). The other side displays my annual pass. I wrote "Lulubelle" across the face of the Mickey and although many people have looked at it - no Dis'ers have ever said anything. I was really hoping on our 8 day trip to WDW last month I would run into a fellow DisBoard friend, but did not. Partially due to only wearing the lanyard two days due to heat and humidity :rolleyes:

I do had a lime green ribbon on my backback (which I don't bring in all that often). I have met a few fellow DISers but not because of the ribbon.

I wear lime green Mickey clips in my hair & have some beads that spell out my name w/limegreen mixed in (from Tink33 at a meet a LONG time ago :) ).

I've seen other DISers w/limegreen, but I was in a carriage, and I couldn't shout loud enough to say hey. :)

I've met other DISers by chance - Tink33, and Goofster57, and made arrangements to meet others. The first DISer I ever met was JudyfromBoise. :flower:

Ok -- this is a little off-topic (ok A LOT off topic!) but Dale & Chip I had to laugh when I saw your comment about our folks! On our first "whole family" trip to WDW I had it planned so much they called made a name for me (probably not appropriate here..although it wasn't meant to be negative toward any groups..anyway!) BUT after a few days of efficient touring and getting on rides they saw the light! AND on the next "whole family" trip they wanted to know what I had planned. WELL I hadn't done it to the degree I had before and they were upset! (No pleasing some people! ;) ) SO plan away...I'm right there with you (with my guidebooks sitting RIGHT here as I plan on the Dis!)

OH and I will attach a green ribbon to my backpack and keep an eye out for you wonderfully friendly and helpful folks! :earboy2:

I usually wear my lime green Mickey paint chip in my lanyard holder. Ive looked but have never really noticed any other Dis memebers. But then again, Im not sure if I would approach them. I would be afraid that if I did go up to a suspected Dis member that I could be totally embarrassed if it turned out to not me a Diser but just someone who wore lime green that day. When I head to WDW next week I will be wearing my lime green though. Hopefully another Diser will say hi, or I will get enough courage to go up and say hi myself.

If you have a lime green mickey head or ribbon, I will approach you. I have met a few people at the parks this way. My first surprise meeting was MaryJo in July 2000.

I have lots of stuff on my mickey pack - lime green ribbon, DIS mickey ears, bead chain that says I love the DIS, and a bead chain that says Princess Lesley. My picture is located in my signature. Please come up and say hi as I love meeting "Disney people" (as my DH calls us).

Albertan mom said:
Do you wear the Dis color of Lime Green when you go to Disney?

Do you wear the lime green mickey paint chip, or do you wear green clothes, or what?

Do you approach people in lime green, and spend time looking for other Dis'ers?

Do people approach you?

Just wondering, thanks! :flower:

Why would I do that?

The official color of the Dis is lime green.

Dis'ers wear it so that they can look for others at the Disney parks and meet each other.

Some people get the sonic green paint chips from Home Depot. It is a Disney paint, so the paint swatch comes in the shape of Mickeys head. Some people cut them out, and write their screen name on it, and attach it to their backpack, or hat or somewhere so others Dis 'ers can meet them!

Some do it, some don't! :flower:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter