Do you think we will have sports this fall/winter?

Our local high school teams tried working out but have already had players test positive so they are on a two week break. I don't see how sports can happen this year. My DS is hopeful the NBA will at least be able to continue due to the bubble at WDW. But apparently 7% of players have already tested positive.

Nope. Time to watch reruns of American Gladiators.

on weekends our local tv stations have been rerunning 'best of' college football games, golf tournaments and such. it's going to be interesting to see what happens comes fall-college football games (if they hold them here) will be pretty blah to watch absent any fans in the stands (unless the public gathering laws are repealed-which i don't see happening) or marching bands/pep squads (all on-line classes so no band, if pep squad has to maintain social distancing then they would stretch across the entire field):cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

i'm not a sports fan but i wouldn't mind watching some old reruns of abc's wide world of sports (that 'agony of defeat' ski crash always made me cringe).

Not sure about pro and college sports, but I just got billed a crap ton of money for my boys’ travel soccer, so I hope it’s a go.
I think my son has a club game this Monday! Both his club and his sisters club started practices last week, high school boys have been practicing, high school girls have been breaking into groups for runs (Dd17 leads one of them, she’s a runner who plays soccer and says everyone is so out of shape, I pity the girls in her group).

on weekends our local tv stations have been rerunning 'best of' college football games, golf tournaments and such. it's going to be interesting to see what happens comes fall-college football games (if they hold them here) will be pretty blah to watch absent any fans in the stands (unless the public gathering laws are repealed-which i don't see happening) or marching bands/pep squads (all on-line classes so no band, if pep squad has to maintain social distancing then they would stretch across the entire field):cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

i'm not a sports fan but i wouldn't mind watching some old reruns of abc's wide world of sports (that 'agony of defeat' ski crash always made me cringe).

I tend to watch La Liga soccer. It's much better with fans in the seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter