Do you think it’s rude?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by WaltDavisWorld, Dec 17, 2018.

1. FabFive24

FabFive24 Earning My Ears

"...they don't suddenly 'grow'..'" made me laugh. I do find shoulder kids rude as well as constant cell phones and iPads.

2. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson DIS Veteran

That's the reason this post, and others exist. To those who find it rude the fact that others do it doesn't make it acceptable. If no one did it you wouldn't have these threads.

I feel for ya because that was a tough situation to be in. I'd still would find it rude because I'm sure there are plenty of kids who couldn't see either who didn't end up throwing a fit. You did what you thought you needed to do I get it just saying kinda unfair to the kids who couldn't see, weren't put up on shoulders of their parents but didn't throw a fit either. I get how you were trying to nip something in the bud, just saying I can get how others would view that as rude regardless.

3. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson DIS Veteran

My husband tries to do that as much as possible. luckily when we saw HEA where he was standing, on a slower night, blocked as few people as possible as we were up 1 or 2 people behind a railing. A guy with his kid pulled up onto his shoulder (not quite like what you would see it was him bracing his kid up against his body rather than hoisting the kid fully onto his shoulders but close enough) and it for sure blocked portions of the view for me. When we watched the Star Wars fireworks my husband stood away from me and he went towards the back. When we saw Illuminations we were up against a railing at least right by a dock-people could at least plan more accordingly.

His height is something we often think about- he's over 6ft 5inches and I'm over 5ft 3inches. We try actively to not block people; sometimes we can't but most often we'll stand off to the side in certain circumstances so he's less likely to be in the way. It's at least something we think about. And if I encounter someone much taller than me I actively move, as best as possible, to a place, wherever I'm at so not just speaking towards WDW, where I can see better. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. But my height is something I often think about. It's a neverending struggle lol..no joke movie theaters that don't have true stadium seating (meaning enough of an incline of rows) cause me problems and I get flashbacks to sitting in booster seats as a kid..only as an adult I can't sit in those lol.