Do you think it’ll be less crowded?

I agree that it will be less crowded based on the availability of rooms/ADRs/FPs. But I’m not convinced it’s GE. I think a lot of it is rising costs and the fact that July/August is the hottest time of the year. If I’m going to plunk down the kind of money it takes to go to Disney now, I definitely want to be as comfortable as possible. And I live in the Deep South. You couldn’t pay me to slog through Disney in August.

I live in Texas so it’s definately hot here to lol! I’d have preferred not to go in August (again). We were at WDW last year in august due to Hubby’s work trip. This year, August was the only time my Sister In Law was able to get vacation time.

I live in Texas so it’s definately hot here to lol! I’d have preferred not to go in August (again). We were at WDW last year in august due to Hubby’s work trip. This year, August was the only time my Sister In Law was able to get vacation time.

You will still have a blast! I’ve got 3 under 6, and did early September last year 28 weeks pregnant, so I am totally biased. We enjoyed it, it’s the happiest place on Earth...but I don’t want to do that again 😉

You will still have a blast! I’ve got 3 under 6, and did early September last year 28 weeks pregnant, so I am totally biased. We enjoyed it, it’s the happiest place on Earth...but I don’t want to do that again 😉
I’m still super excited about the trip! It’ll be our first time staying at a Disney Hotel (3rd time going to WDW.) when we go back in 2 years or so we’ll go at a cooler time.

24 days out from our trip and I just switched a few ADRs easily. There were lots of choices still available. Definitely different from all the other times I've tried this close to a trip!

I just finished a 5 day trip there and the crowds were really pretty good. They did the typical quiet early mornings, leading into the busiest periods from 11-4 or so, and also busier in the evenings.
The only time I found myself saying "wow, this is busy" was when we did the Magic Kingdom in the evening. I think that park attracts more stragglers than the others, so it really gets crowded late in the day.

If anything its going to be more crowded as people moved up their vacation to avoid the crowds. I thank those who have moved up their vacation to make mine less busy.
I am considering booking a last minute trip for the middle of August. Every single resort was available to book through the Passholder Summer discount as of earlier this morning.

I am considering booking a last minute trip for the middle of August. Every single resort was available to book through the Passholder Summer discount as of earlier this morning.

September 2nd to 10th when I am there every single place is open as well for general booking at this point. Selfishly happy no crazy discounts still have been announced. Hoping people at this point book for the discounts in August or wait until all of Star wars is open in December.

Here right now. Very HOT! We RD’d DHS this am and we had a great position in the mob. Still a 35 minute wait for SDD. I think EMM impacted that wait. Then our 10 minute posted wait for ST turned into 25 🤦‍♀️ We left after that. I have some DHS fastpasses for late afternoon/evening on Thursday.

It was a last minute grad trip for DD. We are going with the flow and enjoying the “scary” clown pool A LOT! AK DAH tonight so we are looking forward to a great evening!

I’ve been checking out mid to late August passholder rates since they came out a few months ago. The site was down for me for a couple of days late last week, and now that I can see availability again, I’m seeing more room categories have opened up through a variety of resorts. I’m not sure if they dumped a bunch of reservation cancellations back into the passholder pool or what, but I’m loving it. :thumbsup2

It may be marginally less crowded but a lot of people travel in August due to summer break. Also a lot of people booked their trips due to free dining before they announced the SWGE opening dates. So I wouldn’t count on it being empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter