Do you really want to go back to WDW so soon?

Proning helps most but not all.They started out treating them like ARDS its. his peep low volume high rr. Most did horribly because their lungs very compliant and not stiff. What I've found interesting is that their gases were relatively normal with Pao2's in the 40's and HgB's 7-6. The o2 transport system just doesn't work.
I've been in the PFT lab and doing Bronks over the last 9 years of my 35 yr career.I've been running gases ,turning around vents and doing transports on non-coved its since we closed the lab 3 weeks ago. This is a beast that we've never seen before. Running 40-50 vents a day.Stay healthy my friend.
And you the same. You are our hero!!! ((Hugs)).

Proning helps most but not all.They started out treating them like ARDS its. his peep low volume high rr. Most did horribly because their lungs very compliant and not stiff. What I've found interesting is that their gases were relatively normal with Pao2's in the 40's and HgB's 7-6. The o2 transport system just doesn't work.
I've been in the PFT lab and doing Bronks over the last 9 years of my 35 yr career.I've been running gases ,turning around vents and doing transports on non-coved its since we closed the lab 3 weeks ago. This is a beast that we've never seen before.

Are you talking about this:

https://www.thailandmedical.news/ne...-transporting-oxygen--current-medical-protoco

Last edited:
But...........

Do you really want to travel to Disney as soon as you are allowed to?

...By the way I am a healthcare provider directly treating covid19 patients. This is real. Stay home and be safe, when you can return be careful.

Thank you. I have the utmost respect and admiration for you and your entire field.

To the question: of course. I actually don't understand the opposing point of view: "Even if the parks are open, I won't go back until at least blah blah blah". So what those people are saying is: if WDW is legally allowed to reopen, meaning that the most well-respected experts in the country advised the FL and federal government that it is ok to resume normal business operations, you still won't go. Why? Do you know something infectious disease experts don't? There's no way WDW opens until there is overwhelming consensus by governments and infectious disease experts that it is safe to do so.
I'm not going to presume to know more than the CDC or these experts advising our governments, who Disney is also relying on. If those experts tell me it's ok to go back, and I am legally allowed to do so, then I will absolutely go. Don't care if it's next month or next year. I will have a great time, wash my hands, and sleep like a baby!

Thank you. I have the utmost respect and admiration for you and your entire field.

To the question: of course. I actually don't understand the opposing point of view: "Even if the parks are open, I won't go back until at least blah blah blah". So what those people are saying is: if WDW is legally allowed to reopen, meaning that the most well-respected experts in the country advised the FL and federal government that it is ok to resume normal business operations, you still won't go. Why? Do you know something infectious disease experts don't? There's no way WDW opens until there is overwhelming consensus by governments and infectious disease experts that it is safe to do so.
I'm not going to presume to know more than the CDC or these experts advising our governments, who Disney is also relying on. If those experts tell me it's ok to go back, and I am legally allowed to do so, then I will absolutely go. Don't care if it's next month or next year. I will have a great time, wash my hands, and sleep like a baby!

I don't think it's because people think they know better than the experts. But we don't know under what circumstances everything will open. Will we open because the curve is flattened enough, but the virus is still out there and we must make our own decisions and take whatever precautions we feel comfortable with to resume normal activity? Will we open because widely effective treatments are found? What if they don't work for people with certain risk factors? At this point these and many other answers are unknown. While you may feel comfortable going whenever things open and you are allowed to, there may be others who are at risk or have family members at risk who will not feel comfortable doing so. Personally, I am pregnant and there is little information about how this virus affects pregnancy in general and the first/second trimester of pregnancy in particular, so I'm going to be exercising much more caution than I normally would when not pregnant.

I don't think it's because people think they know better than the experts. But we don't know under what circumstances everything will open. Will we open because the curve is flattened enough, but the virus is still out there and we must make our own decisions and take whatever precautions we feel comfortable with to resume normal activity? Will we open because widely effective treatments are found? What if they don't work for people with certain risk factors? At this point these and many other answers are unknown. While you may feel comfortable going whenever things open and you are allowed to, there may be others who are at risk or have family members at risk who will not feel comfortable doing so. Personally, I am pregnant and there is little information about how this virus affects pregnancy in general and the first/second trimester of pregnancy in particular, so I'm going to be exercising much more caution than I normally would when not pregnant.

Personally, I wouldn’t be going if I was pregnant. I’m not judging you if you go, but I wouldn’t. One of my best friends is having a “surprise baby”. We have to give her a virtual shower because none of us wants to risk infecting her. :(

Well what is going to change within the year? It has already been reported a vaccine will not be ready before 12-18 months. At least banking ahead preserves the points instead of waiting until the last minute AND hedging any changes with the banking option.
That’s just it.... we don’t know what will change in a year. I highly doubt things will be as they are now. To assume doom & gloom 12 months from now, imo, is a bit paranoid.
Point is, if I had a trip scheduled for December, I would keep it a while and see how things are looking in September or October (considering banking deadlines). If things are still bad, I would cancel at that time.

Personally, I wouldn’t be going if I was pregnant. I’m not judging you if you go, but I wouldn’t. One of my best friends is having a “surprise baby”. We have to give her a virtual shower because none of us wants to risk infecting her. :(

Yeah, we've been canceling our trips. Including Aulani in July even though it's not the parks. I've been trying to stay home as much as possible but still have to go to the hospital for some appointments/tests. DH isn't allowed at any of them so he missed the first heartbeat and he's missing any future ultrasounds as well. My friend just had a baby in NYC and her husband could be there for the delivery, but had to leave right afterwards and she had to stay the rest of the time in the hospital on her own. She said it was eerily quiet since no visitors were allowed.

That’s just it.... we don’t know what will change in a year. I highly doubt things will be as they are now. To assume doom & gloom 12 months from now, imo, is a bit paranoid.
Point is, if I had a trip scheduled for December, I would keep it a while and see how things are looking in September or October (considering banking deadlines). If things are still bad, I would cancel at that time.
For us, going to WDW really wasn't something we just HAD to do this year. We just went last November. It just isn't a big deal to us to wait until November 2021. (We like to travel to WDW in the fall and want to activate our APs in the fall rather than the spring.) I felt more comfortable cancelling the reservation and banking the points in case they restrict banking. I wouldn't call that paranoid. On a side note, I do feel like it will take a while to get back to normal, and for us, with one of us being high-risk, we do not plan on being in large crowds or on a plane anytime soon, and when I say soon, I mean the next year. You may call that paranoid, but I call that being cautious. We are hanging on to our October HHI trip for now, because I REALLY want to take that trip. That one IS a big deal because HHI is my sanctuary. So I'm not cancelling for now, but if I don't feel comfortable closer to time, I will cancel and rebook for March.

We have Feb 2021 booked but will cancel if needed and bank the points. Like most owners we go every year, not a big deal to skip a year if needed.

To directly answer the question - no we are in no rush at all. We had thought about a quick fall trip but decided against it.

I see that people are getting restless and they want to get back to normal. There were protests today in Michigan. You are going to see that many are just going to take the chance as early as they can to get back to their lives, work and things that they love and let the cards fall where they lie. It's a personal choice and those that want to stay cooped up in the house can make that choice. It's going to be the new norm, social distancer or not?
But everything will soon open and when Disney opens the crowds will return.

The party line here is we are still going in August, Sept/Oct & Nov/Dec.

Do I really feel it? No, but hope springs eternal.

Haven’t made that 20+ hour drive to WDW in decades, it is starting to cross my mind as a dark horse of an option.

I see that people are getting restless and they want to get back to normal. There were protests today in Michigan. You are going to see that many are just going to take the chance as early as they can to get back to their lives, work and things that they love and let the cards fall where they lie. It's a personal choice and those that want to stay cooped up in the house can make that choice. It's going to be the new norm, social distancer or not?
That is fine. Go to a concert, or football game, or even church pot luck. Then 2 weeks later there will be a huge spike from some of them and we will be locked down again.

To be honest, like the meat packing plant that had to be closed, I don't see how we have normal with this virus. Ok, it gets into this elementary school so if closes for a couple of weeks. Then it hits the middle school. Then this office. We will be open, sort of. Because businesses and schools will have to be closed, sometimes many times as it rolls through them. You act like we will open up, but how does a business stay open when 3/4 get sick and 1 dies. 30 kids and 5 teachers get it with 2 teachers and a kid dying. Oh, you say, if they are at risk then stay home. 1/3 or more of the teachers in my district are high risk. We have a shortage of teachers as it is. Then it goes to the next elementary school. I'm just not understanding what people are expecting the let's get out there and live with it.

That is fine. Go to a concert, or football game, or even church pot luck. Then 2 weeks later there will be a huge spike from some of them and we will be locked down again.

To be honest, like the meat packing plant that had to be closed, I don't see how we have normal with this virus. Ok, it gets into this elementary school so if closes for a couple of weeks. Then it hits the middle school. Then this office. We will be open, sort of. Because businesses and schools will have to be closed, sometimes many times as it rolls through them. You act like we will open up, but how does a business stay open when 3/4 get sick and 1 dies. 30 kids and 5 teachers get it with 2 teachers and a kid dying. Oh, you say, if they are at risk then stay home. 1/3 or more of the teachers in my district are high risk. We have a shortage of teachers as it is. Then it goes to the next elementary school. I'm just not understanding what people are expecting the let's get out there and live with it.
Life will return to normal for those willing to take the risk. When the concerts are open, the football games, the church potluck opens. I'm just telling you that people will return. Will you stay in the house forever waiting for a cure or a vaccine that may never come? Will you want for others to stay in their house's forever because your not willing to take the chance? No, you cannot put that on free people. Like I said, you want stay cooped in the house- go for it. You want to social distance- go for it. I'm just saying others think differently and when things open they will happily return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well laws are being implemented where people are going to have to comply or get fined/arrested. No matter how bad they want to take a chance, that is going to be mitigated. There will be no “normalcy” anytime soon. A new law enacted today in PA and MD is anyone going into a public establishment MUST wear a mask or they will not be able to enter. It is being enforced, like it or not.

Well laws are being implemented where people are going to have to comply or get fined/arrested. No matter how bad they want to take a chance, that is going to be mitigated. There will be no “normalcy” anytime soon. A new law enacted today in PA and MD is anyone going into a public establishment MUST wear a mask or they will not be able to enter. It is being enforced, like it or not.

But each state is going to have their own laws and they will be different. This will NOT be national laws. That has pretty much been established during the last 2 Press Conferences.

We are going to have to see what laws each state enact.

But each state is going to have their own laws and they will be different. This will NOT be national laws. That has pretty much been established during the last 2 Press Conferences.

We are going to have to see what laws each state enact.

This is the first time in my life where I have fully understood how important it is not to live in certain states. In the couple of times we have relocated, there have been states Dh and I have purposely avoided, but now I realize it isn’t just a preference about property taxes or cost of living. Now there is no way we would ever move to certain states, just period.

You're missing the point. The title of this thread "Do you really want to go back to WDW so soon?". I never suggested breaking any laws or mandates or stay at home orders. I'm just saying when things open people will return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter