Do you "Raise Eyebrows" While Listening to the Podcasts?

Mickey's Best Girl

DIS Veteran
Hey gang,

I was wondering how many fellow podcast groupies have raised eyebrows while listening to the shows?
I listen while taking my nightly walks and I have been known to actually scare people who are innocently walking past me. I posted this little story in a thread while the gang was recording one week:

I was walking last night when I ended up with a bug in my eye! In my haste to get it out I almost walked right into an elderly couple walking past me, then, at the same time as the couple walking past and the bug removal from the eye, the podcast I was listening to (catching up, it was from sometime in June) cracked me up something fierce and I almost scared the pants off the poor elderly couple when I burst out laughing!
Between the drunk "bug outta my eye walk" and the insane laughing, I'm surprised the police weren't called. They must have thought I was a complete lunatic!!!!
Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time!

I find myself laughing out loud walking down the street during every podcast......with many raised eyebrows passing me by. Please tell me I'm not alone!
I want to hear your embarrassing podcast listening stories!

i don't have any "stories" per say, but i'm sure people are wondering just what the heck i'm guffawing at when i'm at work...i listen on my iPod with just one little ear bud in, so if you're not looking at my left side, you'd have no idea i was even listening to something! (and i, uh, work with flowers, so it's not like they're making me laugh, haha)

I have let out a little giggle a few times sitting on a bus. People probably think i am mad too haha. I understand what you mean though.

The podcast is interactive. I also join in to the crew's conversation. Not that they're listening!!! :rotfl2:

I have had to catch myself sometimes from laughing too hard or making a comment while listening at work. There have been a few times when I've laughed so hard that I was to the point of tears. Then I have a coworker make the mistake of asking me what was so funny and then I start laughing while telling them what I just listened to. Of course it loses some in the retelling and I end up just getting an odd look.

:) It's all good though. If I'm giggling or talking to my iTouch they stay out of my office.

Hey gang,

I was wondering how many fellow podcast groupies have raised eyebrows while listening to the shows?
I listen while taking my nightly walks and I have been known to actually scare people who are innocently walking past me. I posted this little story in a thread while the gang was recording one week:

I was walking last night when I ended up with a bug in my eye! In my haste to get it out I almost walked right into an elderly couple walking past me, then, at the same time as the couple walking past and the bug removal from the eye, the podcast I was listening to (catching up, it was from sometime in June) cracked me up something fierce and I almost scared the pants off the poor elderly couple when I burst out laughing!
Between the drunk "bug outta my eye walk" and the insane laughing, I'm surprised the police weren't called. They must have thought I was a complete lunatic!!!!
Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time!

I find myself laughing out loud walking down the street during every podcast......with many raised eyebrows passing me by. Please tell me I'm not alone!
I want to hear your embarrassing podcast listening stories!

You are not alone. I almost fell off the treadmill when they were doing one of those Facebook to Facebook segments...

Where Kathy was throwing dog bones and someone was skinny dipping? :rolleyes1 Hilarious.

Definitely laughed out loud. I have been caught lauging at work, too....from something (like this) on the DIS...thankfully I have an office with a door. :rotfl: :lmao:

The one that got people looking at me funny at work and still does everytime I hear it........is Kathy's African name. :lmao:

I'm right there with you. I listen at work, and I have to force myself to keep the laughs to a minimum. Sometimes when I get tired of listening to my MP3 player (music) I'll turn on an old show...yesterday I listed to the one that discused the "pig poop"....to funny

I can't listen at work anymore because I tend to laugh out loud, say OMgosh a lot, snort, grunt at times, and talk back to the team.

So, now I listen when I'm at home on the computer. My front door stays open so I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts. Kelly just looks at me knowingly & will say, "listening to the podcast, huh." lol

I do have to admit everytime they speak "African" to Kathy & literally laugh out loud

It is dangerous. I was listening to the unedited naturalization ceremony segment (Best of Bob) while trying to exercise on my nordic track. It became pointless. And I've lost track of the number of times coffee has been spewed on my dashboard, iphone or monitor.

Oh, yes. I almost fell off my treadmill laughing, I think it was the "Wii Fat" comment that did it.

I know I've posted this before somewhere, but I tend to listen when I go grocery shopping. I don't know how many funny looks I've gotten as I'm walking down the aisles laughing out loud! I just don't make eye contact and keep on walking...:rolleyes1

I listen to the podcast alot during runs... I laughed really loud during one of the email shows (it was a recent one with this crazy music playing during someone's voicemail).. it was like the last voicemail of the show and the team was cracking up about it... and I just burst out laughing at a local park.. should have seen the look this ladies face going the opposite way as me.. :rotfl:

Hi I can so relate to you guys… I have actually inflicted pain on me. Let me explain I listen to the Podcast at the gym on the treadmill & there has been a couple of times I was laughing sooooooooooooo hard that I lost my stepping & I went down!!! I got some nice bruises & bumps & scratches… Yesterday morning I was listening to Best of Bob show & I actually had a gym staff come up to me & ask if I need help in working the treadmill!! LOL I then had to explain that I can indeed work a treadmill! :rotfl:

Oh, my yes! I listen while wogging and I am constantly laughing out loud. Other people on the path look at me like I've lost it! Don't care, I so love listening. Listening to the podcast is my best stress reliever.

Recently while cleaning my house my husband just had to know what I was laughing at. I had my ipod on and was listening to John's comment on "ballroom" dancing. :rotfl2:I was laughing so hard, I had to replay it for him. He started laughing too. He thought it was a "good one."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter