Do you label your refillable mug?

3SmilingFaces

Earning My Ears
What's the best way to label your refillable mug? There are 4 of us and I can only imagine how many times we will mix the mugs up!

You can buy mugs with different colored handles. They have yellow, black, red(that I can remember). My husband and I got 2 on our last trip(June), with different colors. It worked out great We still use them daily for travel coffee mugs. . But, with 4 people, maybe you could write names with a Sharpie.

Even though they come in 3 colors- I brought a sharpie and wrote our names on them. I also afraid they would get stolen by the pool- but they did not.;)

Even though they come in 3 colors- I brought a sharpie and wrote our names on them. I also afraid they would get stolen by the pool- but they did not.;)

We had 5 of them and put the initial on the bottom with a sharpie...within the week it wore out from rising them out so often.
One of ours did get stolen...we were waiting for a cab at POP and my kids were sitting in the "tv room" I went to get them and told my son to grab his mug and it was gone. Thats sort of nasty taking someone you dont knows mug :confused3, but I guess it saved someone money.

The cups come with 3 colors of handles but also with 3 colors of lids, so you can mix and match, and come up with 9 distinct combinations. If everyone keeps it together, you don't need sharpies, unless you're the Bradford family.

Thanks for the tips! Didn't know the mugs came with different colors to mix and match. That will help!

We had 13 people last trip and we also put everyones initials on the bottom with a sharpie. It worked, we didn't lose any throughout the week either.

A few years ago I read a tip on here to put a different temporary tattoo on each mug. This was when they had the blue/white mugs where the bottom was white, so they were easy to see, but you could probably still do it with the current mugs.
They were really cute and I got compliments for cast members on my ingenuity ;) And they lasted long after we got home too!

I am taking Namebubbles with me and plan on putting multiple ones on the sides and using a Sharpie for the bottom (just because the Namebubbles can be taken off). I figure if it has multiple Namebubbles on the sides that people will think it is too much trouble to take them all off. You get a lot of them if you order the small ones. I advise getting a dark color because I could barely read the name on the pink ones. I actually just ordered the little larger size and put my daughter's name on it with my cell phone number. I also put them in the bottom of her shoe so if she gets lost, she can hand someone her shoe. Then I can use the rest for all of her school things. They have multiple uses!

I like the idea of mixing and mis-matching the colors between handles and lids!! Never thought of doing that before!:woohoo:

We ordered some cute mug decals from etsy. Are we allowed to link here? The ones we bought were only $1.25 and had free shipping. I suppose we could have gotten by without them but it added a fun little touch to our trip for not a lot of cash and we supported a small business.

Use a label maker while still at home to print out labels with the names on them. Those should stick well through multiple hand washings. Didn't need to do this for Disney mugs since its's just DH and I, but it's worked well for our Contigo mugs that are the same color.

I order washable labels for my kids' lunch containers. If you have some of those, they make good reusable cup labels.

Use a label maker while still at home to print out labels with the names on them. Those should stick well through multiple hand washings. Didn't need to do this for Disney mugs since its's just DH and I, but it's worked well for our Contigo mugs that are the same color.

I have 6 grandkids. We have enough disney mugs for everyone to have their own color but also did the label maker labels. The labels stayed on with both hand washing and using dish washer.

We did this for home use. No more who's cup or juice box is this?? No more 57 thousand used paper cups in two days.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter