Do you keep your pets in your camper?

Our dog stays in our fw, but he is completely relaxed and comfortable inside when left alone (dachsund). We camp quite a bit so he knows the routine. If the dog doesn't have experience being left alone in your camper, then, my opinion is you should board in kennel during day.

If you want a good "free" app for surveillance look at the app store for "Manything" The DW and I have always wanted a way to watch the pups in the MH when we are out and about at the parks.. She found it yesterday and we had it up and running within minutes. All you will need are two phones or an Ipad or phone. Android products work too... an email account , wireless and you have an instant in RV camera. with sound...You can actually say something to the pups if you want. Video is ok. But you cant beat the price........ Its going to be a good piece of mind to have at the Fort This time..... Just make sure you set it where it wont tip over and leave a charger on it. Cant wait to see how it works out....
I attached a screen shot.
IMG_2775.PNG

3 Days 21 Hours 33 Minutes......... Cant wait.

1) Disney does not "rescue" pets inside an RV, even if there is a sign on the RV.
2) It is against our practice/policy and we are instructed not to do so.
. . . we are not your local fire department looking for "pet" signs/notices
. . . it is the owner's responsibility to make certain the pet is cared-for AT ALL TIMES
. . . the pet owner has the option of Pet Care if they think there might be a problem
3) There is too large of a liability for CM/WDW, and Disney IS ALWAYS a prime target for certain types of lawyers.
. . . if the pet bites/scratches the CM, The Fort can be sued by the CM (or even submit a Worker Comp claim)
. . . if the owner declares this was not an emergency, The Fort can be sued by the owner
. . . if the pet is claimed to be injured during a "rescue", The Fort can be sued by the owner
. . . if we enter an RV the owner might claim something is missing (like the Royal Jewels), and The Fort can be sued by the owner
. . . if we enter an RV, the owner might claim we damaged the RV while forcing a door (etc), and The Fort can be sued by the owner

NOTE1: Our Emergency Services can force their way into an RV (or resort hotel room) without retribution, but there has to be an emergency to handle (eg. the unit is on fire and firemen have to extinguish the blaze, there is a medical emergency and EMS has to save an individual). Pet issues ARE NOT considered emergencies, because they do not threaten human life or property.

NOTE2: We have heard dogs "yapping" inside an RV, and we do not go near the unit. We call a manager, who notes the incident in the log, but takes no action.

Disney may not...but other campers may. One can certainly hope so anyway.

Disney may not...but other campers may. One can certainly hope so anyway.
And even if a CM can't/won't perform a "rescue", I still think it's good to have a note/sign stating how you can be reached.

I certainly understand why the CMs won't do much in the way of rescue. I agree there is a HUGE liability potential and Lawyers probably just salivate every time there is an "Incident" at WDW. I agree though, that another camper might be inclined to take some action (even if it's to call a cell phone to advise someone).

We took our spoiled and bark-prone Dachsie to the kennel. He loved it! The price was reasonable and the hours were very convenient for staying from rope drop to close.

Even if I wasn't worried he'd be a noise nuisance I still wouldn't leave him in our trailer. Much better he's fed, played with, and exercised while we're eating, playing, and 'exercising' in the parks ourselves!

Do they still have the kennels like they used to? They used to have them outside near entrance if I recall. it was great but was under impression no longer? We have boarded our dog for the day if it were going to be a long day. But I will say that our new little dog now doesn't do well in kennels, get's very nervous and upset, so we won't with her and will keep in our RV and stop back half day. But our other dog did ok and the kennels were very nice and it was really nice to be able to just walk outside of the park and walk your dog.

Do they still have the kennels like they used to? They used to have them outside near entrance if I recall. it was great but was under impression no longer? We have boarded our dog for the day if it were going to be a long day. But I will say that our new little dog now doesn't do well in kennels, get's very nervous and upset, so we won't with her and will keep in our RV and stop back half day. But our other dog did ok and the kennels were very nice and it was really nice to be able to just walk outside of the park and walk your dog.
There is "Best Friends" pet care. You have to leave the fort. Take a Left at the next intersection take a right and Best Friends Pet care is right there. We have used it and it's very nice (and clean). Depending on time of year, size of dog, etc.... you may want reservations there too.

There are several temperature monitors you can get that will sync remotely from your phone and notify you at a pre determined setting if reached. Also, for those of you with generators on your unit, a automatic transfer switch can be installed in case of shore power loss.

We don't bring our cats, but I know there are people who do. My fear is that someone would leave a door open too long and the cat would get out. I also don't want to have to deal with cat litter in the smaller space of a camper/rv (and certainly not a tent).

We generally bring our two dogs camping, but The Fort is the exception. We spend our time at The Fort mostly in the parks from Rope Drop until after dinner, with some days going longer. So it just isn't fair to them to keep them locked up that long. They get to stay at home, with someone staying at the house with them. We miss them, but Disney vacations are so expensive with a family of 5 that we really want to take advantage of all the things to do, and leaving the pups at home lets us do that.

My relatives are meeting us at Disney and staying at the Fort.
They will likely bring one of their dogs. If they decide to use the Fort's kennel, do they need a reservation or can they walk up?

Anyone ever bring their cat or cats to the Fort? :)
we bring ours and the dogs They all get along happily. Chubbs our big black one thinks the Bed is her personal domain so no real worries there. In fact they hide under the bed while we are driving. Chester our special needs orange tabby comes out once we are set up. He loves to hang out on the dashboard watching the turkeys

I would, but I'm afraid Jesse might kill someone's dog.

By laying on them...
Sounds like Jessie could be related to our Chubbs she goes just over 20lbs

We don't bring our cats, but I know there are people who do. My fear is that someone would leave a door open too long and the cat would get out. I also don't want to have to deal with cat litter in the smaller space of a camper/rv (and certainly not a tent).
Paul we bring ours and don't worry about them trying toget out they see the door open ad hed the other way In fact the worst tie we have with them is when we get home and have to get them from out from under the master bed to bring them in the house. We lucked out and there is a small cabinet under our washer dryer that I took the doors off and it is perfect for the litter box hide away

My relatives are meeting us at Disney and staying at the Fort.
They will likely bring one of their dogs. If they decide to use the Fort's kennel, do they need a reservation or can they walk up?
There is no Kennel at the Fort. There is the "Best Friends Pet Care" which is a short drive away. While they will take walk-ups, you are BEST to have a reservation particularly depending on the time of year.

There is no Kennel at the Fort. There is the "Best Friends Pet Care" which is a short drive away. While they will take walk-ups, you are BEST to have a reservation particularly depending on the time of year.
I agree completely with what Paul says. Not really sure if that kennel has a web site where you can see various accommodations but I would recommend a room site We dropped in one trip and with out hesitation got a full tour of the place but didn't like the individual spaces but we have larger dogs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter