• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have neighborhood ducks?

Nope. The nearest body of water to me is a river that's five miles away as the crow flies, and there's probably a 400-foot elevation difference as well. The ducks would have to be hella lost and hankering to climb a mountain to come to my neighborhood.

We do, however, have chipmunks to beat the band. Their chirping wakes us up every morning.
Tons of chipmunks here and their chirping is loud!

No ducks here but a couple of our neighborhood ponds have swans. Beautiful animals but a little mean. One of the male swans lost his mate and has started wandering between ponds. As beautiful as swans are while in water they look very awkward walking on land.

Need water for ducks. I don't live near a marsh, slow-moving creek, or pond, so we don't have those. There are some parks that have ducks - mostly mallards and some pintails. Our bird issue here is turkeys. And unlike the ones that have been mentioned here, they're not typically aggressive. They generally don't bother anyone, save being a collision risk.

I detest Canada geese. We have some that live year round in certain areas, but the worst are the migratory ones that bomb neighborhoods from above and make noise.

We have ducks and geese that fly in and hang around awhile. They go between 3 ponds. We all have dogs around here but they seem to know where the dogs can go and stay out of their boundaries.

We also have a herd of deer. They like to stay between my house and my sisters as no hunters or dogs go in there.

We also have a pair of turkeys down the road. Every morning they are in the road and everyone stops to let them get out of the way. They have us all nicely trained. Lol

If seeing lots of ducks hanging out in the nearby river counts, then yes. :P
Sometimes there are this many.

2r5rfp3.png

Oddly, the pond behind my apartment building doesn't seem to get many ducks, but I've seen multiple cranes, ibis, anhinga, an otter, and most disturbingly, a rather large gator hanging out on the bank. I'm hoping it gets removed soon as it keeps traveling between the ponds that flank our community pool!

Oddly, the pond behind my apartment building doesn't seem to get many ducks, but I've seen multiple cranes, ibis, anhinga, an otter, and most disturbingly, a rather large gator hanging out on the bank. I'm hoping it gets removed soon as it keeps traveling between the ponds that flank our community pool!

No ducks here, but we get all of the same birds and also have a gator in our pond. It's only four-and-a-half, five feet, but there's a bull that migrates between the ponds in our neighborhoods, visiting the females. He's a bit bigger.

I think I know why the ducks are scarce. ;)

Lots of ducks around town, but in my part it's the turkeys. They don't seem to be afraid of cars at all.

We have neighborhood deer.

Pretty common sight in the suburbs around here. There's basically every critter (along with invasive species) that used to be around here 150 years ago, with the exception of bears. There's even the occasional mountain lion sighting.

We have a pond in our neighborhood and have a drake and a hen mallard that hang out during the spring/summer......I've named them Mickey and Minnie, I'm a fan of irony......

There is a duck family I've seen for a few years now hanging around our neighborhood, sometimes in our yard. We don't have any ponds, but there are several pools in the neighborhood.

I had to stop and wait for them to cross the road this morning on my way to work and it made me wonder how common it is to have neighborhood ducks.
We used to have 3 ducks that resided in our neighborhood. But, then, we're only 2 blocks from a river. 2 boys and a girl - I called them Hewey, Dewey, and Louise.

There were here for about 3 years, and then no more. But the park down the street has lots of them.

We have them in our lake, I love to watch them swim across the water so serene.
We also have gators, turtles, iguanas and jumping fish.....A very entertaining body of water.

We have ducks and geese. And a lot of poop.

Fortunately, our backyard is fenced and they don't seem to be interested in flying into it.

We also have a ton of other random nuisance birds that plague the neighborhood. However, I have a BB Gun and am not afraid to use it.

Yes, there are a lot of ducks in my neighborhood, especially the Muscovy Ducks. When they have their babies, it's so cute to just watch them all walk around.

There are tons of geese in our local park which is ick because they leave presents all over the grass which makes it not so nice to walk on. Locally we just have a lot of noisy foxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter