Do you have neighborhood ducks?

Liberty Belle

<font color=green>I was going to reply, but I see
There is a duck family I've seen for a few years now hanging around our neighborhood, sometimes in our yard. We don't have any ponds, but there are several pools in the neighborhood.

I had to stop and wait for them to cross the road this morning on my way to work and it made me wonder how common it is to have neighborhood ducks.

Since we live on a lake we have lots of ducks. In fact, we have several different kinds of ducks. We've never had to wait for the to cross the road as they tend to just hang out on the lake.

My mom had a pair of ducks that seemed to reside in her yard. They even came back the following year, if i remember correctly. She doesnt even live by a lake or a pond. They were cute!

Too many outdoor cats around here for that to ever happen.

There was a duck family that lived near a small pond in front of a storage facility in town though. And one day as I was driving along a 4 lane highway near there, momma decided to CROSS THE HIGHWAY. :scared1: I slowed way down and stopped (not always best on a busy highway) but they still had to cross the 2 lanes going the opposite direction. I worried about them all day before I finally made my husband drive me back that night to make sure there was no duck blood on the highway! (Thankfully there wasn't). Oy.

we just have a duck couple who hang in our yard. Joe and JoAnna. They come back each ear. JoAnna has a hurt foot so we know it is the same ones. DS sets out a toddler pool for them if they return lol. I have to admit seeing them flying in for their landing each year is pretty cool. Gives me hope summer is actually gonna happen! Now Geese..they are a safety issue. I know accidents have occurred because they cross all roads here, anytime of day or evening (rush hour).

We have geese. There is a pond in our neighborhood and one on a farm behind the neighborhood. There are so many geese that in the summer drought season, parts of the pond become islands with their poop.

No ducks, but there are gaggles of geese in the area.

354_card_img_1424811336_Wawa-Gift-Card.jpg

Not in our neighborhood, but we have a big park system running through town with 3 rivers and several large ponds, so tons of ducks and geese. I have to stop for geese crossing at least once a week. And we have a herd of turkey who are mean!

Lots! We live across from the neighborhood lake. They migrate through....stay for a couple months.
Too many come into my yard and pool. Very annoying.

Sure, have a large pond in our townhome development in central FL. There are dozens of ducks that come and go. Occasionally they wander between the buildings, but mostly stay on or near the water. In storms, they huddle in the bushes. Unfortunately, some residents feed them despite being warned not to.

We have geese, and they are *such* a nuisance. They hang out in gaggles on lawns and patches of grass, cross the road at -1 miles an hour, and a really a general nuisance. I went for a walk in our lovely old cemetery a couple of years ago and was chased by one, flapping it's wings and honking at me. I swear they're like the "Hell's Grannies" bit from Monty Python.

I am so glad we only have ducks and not geese. I used to work in a building that was surrounded by ponds and there were geese everywhere. They would chase you and poop all over the walkways. It was awful.

Our little ducks are sweet and only an annoyance if they're trying to cross the road (then again, I don't have a pool).

We live on a lake so we have ducks, but the problem is the geese. They walk through everyone's yards, pooping everywhere and eating/tearing up the grass, and they will hiss at you if they have babies around. There's a TON of them too. Ugh!

No ducks but we get a lot of bunnies, who are pretty cute but they eat your flowers. When the bunny population gets too large the coyotes move in. I grew up an area with peacocks that make a horrible noise and do a lot of damage because they are so heavy

Nope. The nearest body of water to me is a river that's five miles away as the crow flies, and there's probably a 400-foot elevation difference as well. The ducks would have to be hella lost and hankering to climb a mountain to come to my neighborhood.

We do, however, have chipmunks to beat the band. Their chirping wakes us up every morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter