Do you have a favorite Bible verse?

Psalm 46:10

"Be still, and know that I am God"

Also
Romans 5:1-5

Peace and Joy

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Like helenabear, mine is 1 Corinthians 13:4,8.

Love is patient, Love is kind, Love never ends.

This verse was printed on our wedding invitations and was read during our wedding. Before we got married, we lived in separate towns for 4 years. I would read this verse every night, and it gave me comfort that our long distance relationship would endure.

Great thread!

I am greatly enjoying your thoughts and contributions. I personally do not read the scripture often enough to have a "favorite" or be as conversational with the text as you all are.

Thank you.

"They will not do any harm nor cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; for the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah, as the waters are covering the very sea."
- Isaiah 11:9 (New World Translation) :sunny:

In thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Psalms 16:11

Psalm 121:1-8

lift up my eyes to the hills -
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip -
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you -
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm -
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

I listen to this song so often - I found it on a Statler Brothers tape of my mothers after she died in 93.

While reading these posts I can't help but think of a song my DDs have learned in pre-school...

"Come little children let us tell the books of the Bible we love so well. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers..."

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

1 John 1:8

""And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching".

(Hebrews 10:24-25).

Rom 5:1-5

5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
NIV

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".

Phil. 4:6-7

Having a struggle with fear and worry, I love your pick, danareed! I have this one memorized to song. :) Scripture gives so much strength!

Revelation 21:8:

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and *****mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death"

I just wanted to say that I took time out to read this post today, I was TOLD to, and it spoke volumes to my heart!

I'm going thru another "trial" and I needed this soooo bad.

Thanks to all of you for this, and thanks Brenda, for posting it.

I wanted to add this one:

2 Timothy 3
In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

While I don't read the Bible nearly as much as I should, I have a concordance that points out different passages to read depending on what is going on in your life.

My favorite in all situations is the 23rd Psalm.

Hi, I've just found this DIS discussion forums. This is a great place to start, with one of my favorite bible vs.:)

2Corinthians 1:21: Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.:wave:

Welcome, bprincess! How wonderful of you to make your first post on my thread! Thank you for sharing your favorite Bible verse. My relatives come from Statesville...are you close to there?

RobinRS, such a fitting verse. Thank you for that one esp. !! :)
{{{hugs}}} to you through all you are going through. You are in my prayers!

I really like this one too
"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowlegde and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ to the glory and praise of God"

Philippians 1 9-11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!