Do you have a favorite Bible verse?

Buckalew

<font color=teal>Hammonitup!!!<br><font color=dark
Just wondering. I have always wanted to ask this on the CB but never have and thought maybe it'd be more appropriate here.

Yes

Mark - Chapter 10:13-14

13. People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them.
14. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

Mine is from Jeremiah 29 vs 11-13

'For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me. and I will listen to you. You will seek and find me when you seek me with all of your heart".

"Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

But I say unto you,
Love your enemies, bless them that curse you,
do good to them that hate you,
and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

artshowgallery_1681_1195881

II Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power, and love, and self-discipline.

My favorite verse actually changes based on what I'm going through, but some of my biggest problems most of the time are because I'm scared and undisciplined, so this one usually applies.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV): "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters, nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Brenda, first let me say that I feel it's a shame that you didn't feel like you could post this on the CB. The same things that would have happened to it there will happen to it here as you can already see.

My favorite verses are, "I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:1-3

Kath, Heather, Amy, Michelle, you all have some beautiful thought there. Thanks for sharing and the inspration. Thanks, Bren, for the opportunity to read such great words.

Wow, I wonder which one is mine??? I sort of carry mine around me with me! :D (check my sig!)

Like Amy, mine changes with what I'm going through. But the one that continually get me through is James 1:12 which goes:

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

It is the scripture God led me to when my father was ill and my department fell apart at work, I was working 12 hours a day while going back and forth to another state to drive my Mom to the hospital... 9 months later I had my son. I will never question a trial again.

I know what you all mean, I have a lot of favorite verses but it is very nice to read some of these. Thanks for posting them.

I am always amazed at how much strength I draw from scripture. No doubt, that is why it is called the living word of God.

Here are 2 of mine:
Deuteronomy 6:4-9
(The New King James Version)

4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

5 "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

6 "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.

7 "You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.

8 "You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

9 "You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And the other that I hold as a promise very close to my heart and helps remind me of the closeness that God wants from me in my personal relationship with Him is this:

It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; And while they are speaking, I will hear.

Isaiah 65:24 NIV

13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

So many gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind,
While just the art of being kind
Is all the sad world needs.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I agree, Eros. The world does need more kindness. But I also believe people need the salvation of Christ.

Heather you just reminded me of one of my favorites (I have many):

1 Corinthians 13:

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

The Golden Rule

All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
The Gospel of Matthew Matt 7:12, Luke 6:31

6 Matthew 21: "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

25 Matthew 35-40: "...........for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me." The the righteous will answer him "Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?" And the King will answer them, "Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me."

John 3:16 and 17

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that who soever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent His son not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Thank you all for sharing these verses that have touched your hearts and lives in special ways. The Bible is the Living Word of God. It is nice to see several people on these boards that responded and shared.

Thanks for this thread, Brenda. It is really wonderful and encouraging to read these scriptures that my DIS friends posted. My favorite also depends on the situation that I'm in, but this one is always special to me:

2 Timothy 4:7-8

7--I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
8--Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Another one that I love that really helps me when I'm having a hard time is Psalm 112, especially verses 1 and 6-10:

Psalm 112

Praise the LORD!
Happy are those who fear the LORD.
Yes, happy are those who delight in doing what he commands.
Such people will not be overcome by evil circumstances.
Those who are righteous will be long remembered.
They do not fear bad news;
they confidently trust the LORD to care for them.
They are confident and fearless
and can face their foes triumphantly.
They give generously to those in need.
Their good deeds will never be forgotten.
They will have influence and honor.
The wicked will be infuriated when they see this.
They will grind their teeth in anger;
they will slink away, their hopes thwarted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter