Do you get dollars or travellers cheques

A bit gutted that I cannot apply being based in the Channel Islands. Both the post office and Halifax clarity cards are not available to me. The Fairfx card is however.

The idea of ore loading and having to keep a track to the cent fills me with dread though. I imagine me with a notepad and receipt clip, keeping track of every dollar and cent. I'm sure my dh will think this is a fabulous idea but I am not so sure!!!

Thinking cap back on x

A bit gutted that I cannot apply being based in the Channel Islands. Both the post office and Halifax clarity cards are not available to me. The Fairfx card is however.

The idea of ore loading and having to keep a track to the cent fills me with dread though. I imagine me with a notepad and receipt clip, keeping track of every dollar and cent. I'm sure my dh will think this is a fabulous idea but I am not so sure!!!

Thinking cap back on x

It's really not that bad. I just keep the receipts and each evening just do a quick deduction of what we have spent. As I said, we really only use the Fairfx for meals and large purchases so there's not that much to keep track of (probably no more than 2 or 3 receipts per day) and it takes just a few seconds. You can also check your balance online (although it can take a little while for all the transactions to show up so not a true picture).

Thinking cap back on x

I put a big credit on my credit card before we travel (so its acting like a debit card while we are there) and take some cash. I think if you have a zero balance on your CC usually this is a safe plan. I do accept, possibly not the most cost effective, but another option I thought might help you :)

wayneg said:
Used PO a few years, as Joh says no fees and full interbank rate, not tourist rate you get with cash & travellers cheques, today I am getting $1.525
I have also just recieved the Halifax Clarity card, exactly the same, no fees and interbank rate.

I think my mind works totally differently most on here, I spend less with a credit card than cash. If I have cash I think its spare money, credit card I know its to pay off so think twice about using it.:rotfl:

I bank with Halifax (One at White Rose is so handy) so that would be good. I've spent 2 years giving myself strict monthly spending amounts to pay off my credit cards and get some savings together so I'd probably be like you now Wayne and not want to overspend on one. Hope you're having a great holiday :)

Quidco are paying £25 for post office credit card applications at the moment. Just to add salt to my wounds, lol.

I bank with Halifax (One at White Rose is so handy) so that would be good. I've spent 2 years giving myself strict monthly spending amounts to pay off my credit cards and get some savings together so I'd probably be like you now Wayne and not want to overspend on one. Hope you're having a great holiday :)

Tried to pay into White Rose branch before we came away, closed for refurb, machines only paying out wouldn't allow paying in.
Yes really good holiday (as always:goodvibes)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter