Do you cook on Friday nights?

Nothing around here is carved in stone; it all depends on what else we're doing that evening and how the day went, regardless of the day of the week. This has changed over the years. When DS was little I stayed home with him and as a housewife, I cooked most nights. For at least 10 years Friday was always "take-out and a video" night. :goodvibes

Nope. Friday night is my cheat meal. In fact, I have to get up right this moment and take the fries out of the oven. Really. Give me 20 minutes and I'm gonna be a stuffed (and happy) pig.

Depends what you mean by "cook." I usually eat food that's in the house, but I tend to go for something simple, like leftovers or a sandwich.

I made this last night. It took all of 15 minutes to put together the first time, and basically zero time to plate the leftovers.

https://sunbasket.com/recipe/mediterranean-flatbreads-with-beet-salad-and-skordalia
c4217d1e-52f3-4612-9fa2-38ca51f29a74.jpg

Since I work overnights and on a rotating schedule Friday means nothing to me. If I'm at home on my days off I usually cook something, if I'm at work 99.9% of the time I have my meal prep done and packed with me for the week.

Yes, most Fridays we cook something.

As a kid, my family went out to eat most Friday nights. I guess it was Mom's night off.

We ate out just about every Friday and Sunday when I lived with my parents. Sometimes other nights of the week too.

Either DH or I will cook most Fridays. Tonight he made a chicken stir fry.

We average one dinner out per week, but it could be on any night. This week it was Wednesday, when it was too hot to cook.

Maybe once or twice a month will we get pizza the other nights I cook, usually something quick or easy and with not to many dishes. Tonight it was make you own subs, I cut up and layed out all the toppings and we all made our own, very easy very few dishes after.

I never cook on Friday nights. We always pick up and eat at home. Very laid back end to the busy workweek.

I usually cook on a Friday unless the local high school has a home football game. On those Fridays we go to the game and get something to eat at the concession stand. But I don't cook at all on Saturdays or Sundays. We usually go out for lunch & dinner (or get take out) on Saturday and then eat leftovers from those meals for lunch on Sunday. We go out for dinner on Sundays.

Last edited:
Always cook Fridays, for some reason, Thursday became our relax and get take-out night. But Friday is usually an easy meal at least. At that point I am more interested in opening the wine than spending time on a big supper lol.

We cook almost every Friday night and usually go out on Saturday. My DH just wants to come home on Friday after work and relax!

No. My husband and I go out to grab a bite every Friday. Could be a diner, or cracker barrel, or pizza, or Chinese. Nothing special for Friday night but it's nice not cooking.

We don’t eat out often but Wednesday was a heatwave so we went to Wendy’s to get out of house (broken AC)

I think I will be going back to our homemade pizza on Fridays.

Friday is such a popular night to eat out that everything is busy. I cringe at the thought of dealing with all the people. We rarely if ever eat out on a Friday or Saturday night. Kids eat free promotions still apply at our house, so we try to take advantage of those offers and eat out Monday or Tuesday.

I was about to say I normally do cook on Fridays, but I haven't the last two weeks in a row. - DH had a Lodge dinner last night, so I just picked something up from the hot bar at the grocery store, and the previous Friday we were at Parents' Weekend at DS's college.

I’m retired so the night of the week doesn’t affect me, sometimes I cook, sometimes we go out. I cook a lot more during the winter months, most of the time I prefer to stay in when it’s so cold and snowy out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter