Do you bake from scratch or right out of the box?

Same here, I can't even remember the last time I bought a box mix. I always have basic baking ingredients on hand, so if I get a craving for brownies, I can whip them up and have them in the oven in 10 mins., so it's not even like a box mix would be that much faster.

I recently made a "funfetti" cake from scratch for a birthday party that people went nuts for...I kept getting questions about what "brand" I used because it was soooo much better than the one they usually bought...:rotfl::rolleyes2

Yep--we bake virtually everything from scratch too (though we also buy a lot of breads at our local bakery).

DD16 was genuinely surprised a couple of years ago when the family she babysat for would leave her with mixes to bake with the kids, or hamburger helper type things to make for dinner. She had always assumed people used mixes because it was faster and was stunned that it wasn't any faster or easier--and just lower quality :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter