Do we need to bring bug spray?

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
This is our first time going to Disney in August so I'm not sure if the bug situation differs. Should we bring bug spray? We'll likely be outside/in the parks for a majority of the day/night. Not sure if the resorts are still giving out the free bug spray still?

We typically go in February/March and have never felt the need for it. Not sure if it's different in August.

We have never used bug spray in Florida...however we live in Wisconsin where the state bird is the mosquito so others might think they are bad but in comparison we don't. :-)

We have never used bug spray in Florida...however we live in Wisconsin where the state bird is the mosquito so others might think they are bad but in comparison we don't. :-)
We have never needed bug spray at Disney. We are from Iowa and a Disney vaca is also a vaca away from mosquitoes and gnats that are terrible here. Less than 2 weeks until we leave!!

Disney is very good at spraying. That being said, having bug spray is not a bad idea. You may want it in the evenings. If you have a room near natural water, you might also especially want it.

I am that person that gets 3 or 4 misquotes by just going outside to water the plants (I live in Connecticut) and have been to Disney world countless times. I can only remember getting bit once.

We're planning to go to Chip and Dale's singalong at the campground this time. We've never been to the campground before. We'll be there in late October. Do you think we'll need bug spray for that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter