Do we need a dedicated Pic's Site

StephenKay

DVC Member VWL 2001
Good Evening

These boards have helped me understand my purchase much better than I could have gleaned from the offical information, but the one thing I think the boards lack is a dedicated site for pics of the differents resorts. Everytime a new resorts or something changes we could all see this within days instead of having to search the net for hours. Please, this is not a moan but a suggestion, I realise this would take a lot of computer power but I think it would be worth it.

What do you think?

Regards

Stevie Kay
Inverness
Scotalnd

CBR 98
ASMO 00
OKW 01
VWL 01

I add a resounding ... YES! I love this board. When I need to escape from my world, thinking about "home" is just a click away. The next best thing to being there is the dream about the next trip. I absolutely love it when people post pictures. It seems like there could never be enough of them. I joked (with slightly serious undertones to my wife) that someone could make a mint if they collected pictures from everyone, published them, and distributed them to all of the DVC freaks (no offense intended) that are out there LIKE MYSELF. The idea of a web board for this collection makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, my computer literacy ends with how to log-on to the DIS BOARD and how to use MS WORD. Any one out there that knows the logistics about what it would to take to accomplish this? I would think that it would require someone's dedicated time to maintain it. I sure would be interested in hearing the technical requirements.

i've got a webserver running in my bed room (yep...i'm a geek) that is running a couple of sites currently on a business class dsl line....i wouldn't be opposed to putting it together and hosting it if someone has some pictures that they can forward me....
thoughts?????
sunking

Sunking,
I bow to you!

That'd be awesome ... surely MANY people would be able to supply the pics.

I guess it's just a matter of waiting for the interest of the populus to follow!

Great Job!

Tig

A seperate section for pics would be outstanding, the benefits would be great, and the promotion of conversation excellent.

I second that motion! (or is it up to fifth or sixth that motion :) )

I also have some digital pics I took of VWL while there in jan, and two of the contstruction of BCV.

Let me know who and where to send them to.

Mike

Awsome idea. I'm forever searching the web for WDW pictures. I change my backgound at work weekly to reflect my nexy anticipated trip. I just got a digital camera so I will try post some after spring break-maybe a double secret mission through BCV.

Sunking,

What do we need to do to move forward with this? Is there anything that we can do to help?

Now that would answer many of the questions we see on the boards. The pic's Disney has are very nice but REAL ones from REAL people would be great!

so...all we are looking for are pics of the different dvc resorts or should this be open to all of the different disney resorts...a section for each????
this would be real easy to put together...all i would need is to have the pics sent to me via email and i can place them on a web page running on my server...
if anyone has pics that they would like to send to me for this either contact me via pm or leave your email address in this thread and i will pull it all together and email you all with the details...
sunking

Sunking,

I do not see an easy way to send attachments via PM. I like this idea ... so I'll make the first donation of pics. I have some HH pics to share.

Tig

i'm sorry...i wasn't overly clear...pm me and leave your email address and then i will contact all that are interested with information on how to get the pics to me....
thanx...
sunking

MikeScott8, I would love to see your pictures of both resorts that you have. We are trying to decide where to stay in October and then in January. My email address is wordzylady@aol. Thanx so much for the info.

I've got over 4,000 Disney photos online at http://disney.crissup.com/ from my various vacations. Among them are many photos from our DVC studios. Feel free to peruse them and steal whatever you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter