Do they serve wine on the Magical Express? October 2011 --- We're back! TR started!

Congrats on moving in together! :dance3: I love the Jim Shore Mickey and Minnie, I thought about asking Brandon to get me that one for our anniversary, but I asked for different ones instead!

I saw they finally released the dates of MNSSHP! I'm probably going to buy tickets to one of them soon, since I'm planning on doing 2! I'm sure they won't sell out, but I just like having them and not worrying about extra expenses closer to the trip! :banana:

Can't wait to see the ones you got for your anniversary!!

I didn't even think of going to the party 2 nights...hmmm why didnt I think of that :rotfl:...hopefully we can hit the things we want to do most on the first night and see if we need an additional one :thumbsup2

I am the same way, I just want to know I have the tickets and don't have to worry about it closer to or on vacation :goodvibes

I just discovered your PTR and I am loving it!!

I think it's great that you and Tim found each other on the DISboards; you guys look so cute together! and since you both love WDW, this trip should be fantastic for both of you!

Good luck on your upcoming run! I am hoping to do the Wine and Dine Half some day, but that's wayyyyyy far in the future. :rotfl:

Did you get your MNSHP tickets? If I can remember correctly, I think they went on sale the 1st of May.

Can't wait to read more about your trip plans!

I just discovered your PTR and I am loving it!!

I think it's great that you and Tim found each other on the DISboards; you guys look so cute together! and since you both love WDW, this trip should be fantastic for both of you!

Good luck on your upcoming run! I am hoping to do the Wine and Dine Half some day, but that's wayyyyyy far in the future. :rotfl:

Did you get your MNSHP tickets? If I can remember correctly, I think they went on sale the 1st of May.

Can't wait to read more about your trip plans!

Thank you :goodvibes Glad to have you reading along!!

I am beyond excited for this trip, especially going with someone who loves Disney as much as I do...he even knows secrets about the parks that I don't know yet :cutie:

I found your TR on here and caught myself up...I am so jealous of you doing the EE challenge...that sounds like such a cool race!

We didn't get our tickets yet, probably in the next few weeks or so...I did go online to find where to purchase them as a trial run, I'm such a dork :rotfl:

After reading a few different reports with Disney movie theme nights (you know who you are out there!) I decided to suggest the idea to Tim and he loved it...so we started planning our first one together...Tim chose Aladdin as the movie

We planned out the food and Tim grabbed the wine on his way home from work..I found a cute tablecloth and cups to sort of fit our theme

SAM_0277.jpg

SAM_0280.jpg

On the menu was Magic Carpet Chicken Quesadillas, Jasmine's Jungle Cat Wine, Sultan Salsa

SAM_0278.jpg

SAM_0279.jpg

We ate dinner and watched tv before starting the movie...we usually eat in the living room, but we ate like civilized people at the dining room table this time :rotfl:

Look at how excited I am...it was HOT in our condo, because currently our A/C is broken and the heat rises in our building :headache: but hey it fit our theme night :lmao:

SAM_0281.jpg

About half way through the movie we stopped to make our dessert for the evening

SAM_0294.jpg

SAM_0291.jpg

SAM_0292.jpg

Iago's Ice Cream and Chocolate Cave of Wonders...they were mini chocolate cakes with fudge in the center, yum!!

It was so much fun doing the theme night and watching Aladdin, I haven't seen that movie in at least 5 or more years, so it was a lot of fun!

We are going to plan another one soon, thank you to other people who have done theme nights and gave me the idea :goodvibes

Ps - I cannot stop singing "Arabian Nights" .... even though I dont know the correct words to the song :rotfl:

Love the Aladdin theme night ideas. I'm getting a sudden craving for some ice cream right now!

Speaking of Aladdin, I haven't seen that movie in a while... I need to do something about that!

Love the Aladdin night! Those cakes got me wanting something chocolate now;)

I love the idea of a "theme movie night with food." I may have to try that.

Lovin' your Pre TR!

You've got some great ADR's lined up! You will LOVE Jiko!!!! It is just amazing - that's all I can say about it. And we also love Le Cellier and Chefs de France! Our Chefs meals have always been for lunch, and the Remy cart always comes around.

Don't worry - on my last trip my friends always said the foreign language restaurants "americanized" too. (I have two degrees in opera, so I've had french, italian, and german pronunciation crammed into my brain more than you can possibly imagine! My teachers and coaches would DIE if I ever pronounced any word in one of the major singing languages incorrectly!)

And I just have to say what a wonderful story of how you guys met on the DIS! How amazing and awesome is that! Can't wait to read more of your PTR!

Hey, look who has a PTR going! I just finished reading through and getting caught up on your life/trip updates...

One note: Le Cellier is actually pronounced "Canada." As in, "We're eating in Canada."

You're welcome. :rotfl2:

Love the Aladdin theme night ideas. I'm getting a sudden craving for some ice cream right now!

Speaking of Aladdin, I haven't seen that movie in a while... I need to do something about that!

I forgot how great Aladdin is!! It goes good with lots of food including ice cream too :thumbsup2 Our diets haven't kicked in as planned :rotfl:

Love the Aladdin night! Those cakes got me wanting something chocolate now;)

I don't usually like chocolate cake...but chocolate cake with a chocolate fudge center...how can you not like that :goodvibes

I love the idea of a "theme movie night with food." I may have to try that.

I found a thread on the boards and then some PTRs with different ideas for different movies and I just had to do it!

Lovin' your Pre TR!

You've got some great ADR's lined up! You will LOVE Jiko!!!! It is just amazing - that's all I can say about it. And we also love Le Cellier and Chefs de France! Our Chefs meals have always been for lunch, and the Remy cart always comes around.

Don't worry - on my last trip my friends always said the foreign language restaurants "americanized" too. (I have two degrees in opera, so I've had french, italian, and german pronunciation crammed into my brain more than you can possibly imagine! My teachers and coaches would DIE if I ever pronounced any word in one of the major singing languages incorrectly!)

And I just have to say what a wonderful story of how you guys met on the DIS! How amazing and awesome is that! Can't wait to read more of your PTR!

Now you have me really excited to try all these new places :woohoo: we are trying our best to cook at home instead of going out to dinner to save money for our trip!

See now you have no excuses to pronounce these things incorrectly!! I have tons of excuses and can play dumb!! I studied spanish in college, but only remember the basics :rotfl:

It has been great that we met on here :lovestruc I came home yesterday and told Tim about how I was having trouble explaining to my co workers why I was vacationing at WDW again this year when they think its just the same vacation over and over again...and his reply was "well ask them why they go to the beach every year, that doesn't change" :goodvibes
At least he understands and appreciates the madness :rotfl:

What a great idea....nothing luck an "adult" theme night....the wine was calling to me:lmao:

I had to stay true to the PTR title and incorporate wine somehow :rotfl: Doesn't hurt after a long day at work either!

Hey, look who has a PTR going! I just finished reading through and getting caught up on your life/trip updates...

One note: Le Cellier is actually pronounced "Canada." As in, "We're eating in Canada."

You're welcome. :rotfl2:

:welcome: So glad you found my PTR!

I mean who else would provide such insider knowledge?!? When I check in for the ADR I will make sure to tell them "2 for Canada please...we would like a table in Canada" :rotfl: Much easier than the fancy name!!

I mean who else would provide such insider knowledge?!? When I check in for the ADR I will make sure to tell them "2 for Canada please...we would like a table in Canada" :rotfl: Much easier than the fancy name!!

Using the proper dialect, it would be, "Table for 2 in Canada, eh?"

The Aladdin themed food sounds delicious!!! That stinks about your A/C, but at least you had some cold ice cream to cool you down! :thumbsup2

Thanks for doing the chapter links. Its a huge help to those joining the party late (didn't realize your link was for a NEW trip). Have you considered Kona for Wednesday? Its one of my favorites for breakfast.

Joining in! Your Aladdin nights sounds great - I think I am going to do this as part of our countdown to help make the 6+ months go by faster!

Love the Aladdin theme night, one of my favorite Disney movies! :cool1: I wish I could get Brandon to participate in theme nights, but I'll be lucky if I can get him to watch a Disney movie once a week. :confused3

I can't believe it's hot enough for AC already where you live, I'm sorry it's broken! :eek: It's still kinda cold here in CT, we'll get one nice, warm day, and then 3 days of cold and rain, I'm SO sick of it! :mad:

Woohoo! Free trip to Disney! :woohoo:

I forgot to include the fine print!

*All expenses paid for by translator :goodvibes

The Aladdin themed food sounds delicious!!! That stinks about your A/C, but at least you had some cold ice cream to cool you down! :thumbsup2

It was great!! Plus it had us cooking at home which I need to get in the habit of :thumbsup2 The A/C should be fixed today, fingers crossed!!

Thanks for doing the chapter links. Its a huge help to those joining the party late (didn't realize your link was for a NEW trip). Have you considered Kona for Wednesday? Its one of my favorites for breakfast.

Better late than never :goodvibes glad to have you reading along...I love having the chapter links in reports that I read, thankfully Nermel9 taught me how to add them!!

We were thinking about Kona first, but if we did that than we would be missing rope drop at MK, so we decided against it, one of these days I am going to try Kona though I hear great things about it!

Joining in! Your Aladdin nights sounds great - I think I am going to do this as part of our countdown to help make the 6+ months go by faster!

Glad to have you joining in :cool1:

It was really fun to do and we are already planning the next one...it really keeps you in the Disney spirit while waiting for your trip!

Love the Aladdin theme night, one of my favorite Disney movies! :cool1: I wish I could get Brandon to participate in theme nights, but I'll be lucky if I can get him to watch a Disney movie once a week. :confused3

I can't believe it's hot enough for AC already where you live, I'm sorry it's broken! :eek: It's still kinda cold here in CT, we'll get one nice, warm day, and then 3 days of cold and rain, I'm SO sick of it! :mad:

I wasn't sure how excited Tim would be to do it, but he ended up being really excited about it and enjoyed it! I think it will be even better when we do movies we haven't seen before....you could just surprise Brandon with it - he cant say no then :rotfl:

Well its cooled down now to the low 60s but it got pretty hot earlier this week...I grew up in MA so I'm still getting used to it getting warmer here sooner :beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter