Do the resorts offer any laundry services?

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
ok - I know that sounds lame, but if I need to do a load of laundry I am not sure if I will have the time to actually do it. Are there any laundry services? We will be staying at POR, if that makes a difference......

I know that the deluxe resorts offer a laundry/dry cleaning service, but not sure about the moderates. :confused3

And even if they do, they charge ridiculous prices. I don't believe they do it by the pound like a laundromat might. I seem to recall it on the laundry slip as something like $2/ pair socks, underwear... If you search it, you may find a better idea. Searching on Allears, I see POR does offer this service. Again, it MAY be price prohibitive for you.

ok I just found this on allears for POR:

Is there a place to do my laundry?

A self-service laundry facility is located adjacent to each quiet pool, featuring coin-operated washers, dryers, and supply vending machines. Washing or drying costs $2 per load, and detergent for one load runs $1.00. After midnight, the laundry facility doors require a valid resort ID/room key card for entry.

Valet laundry service is available Monday through Saturday. Simply fill the laundry bag located in your room and complete the ticket. For same day service, drop the clothes off at Bell Services prior to 8:30 a.m., and your clothes will be returned to you after 6 p.m.

Now, what I am dying to know about is the price! ;)

Aha! Here is a list from a 9-14-2008 post here on the DIS...Knew someone would have this info! Good luck!

LAUNDRY
shirts 5.50
Pants 6.50
Socks 2.00
Undershorts/Panties 2.00
T-shirts 4.50
Sweatsuit 7.50
Pajamas 6.00
Undershirts & Bras 2.00
Handkerchiefs 2.00
Blouses 5.50
Slips 4.50
Nightgowns 6.00
Tennis shorts 5.00
Knit shirt 5.00

Here is a link to a scan of a Disney Cruise Lines slip. Cheaper there! I can vouch for that $2 underwear/socks price at the Poly though.

WOW!! I can't even fathom the overall price for my family of 4....looks like I am schleppin' to the laundry room! :lmao:

It sure beats the price of paying for them to do laundry and/or the second bag fee that the airline charges, but a crummy way to spend valuable vacation time. Oh, well, Mom's never get to sleep.

It sure beats the price of paying for them to do laundry and/or the second bag fee that the airline charges, but a crummy way to spend valuable vacation time. Oh, well, Mom's never get to sleep.

ain't that the truth!

If you have a car, you may want to see if any local laundrymats have a drop off service.

Doing your laundry yourself at the resort isn't exactly cheap either! I did ONE load of laundry at the ASSp laundry room early one morning. This is what I had to pay to do that ONE load:

$1.25 for package of laundry soap from dispenser
$1.25 for package of 2 Bounce sheets from dispenser
$2.00 for one washing cycle
$2.00 for one drying cycle
$2.00 for ANOTHER drying cycle (yes, the load was big, I'll admit, but I heard several times from other guests that two drying cycles was average for any laundry load).

So, that's a grand total of $8.50 for ONE load of laundry LOL If I'd realized they had drop-off laundry service (didn't realize that until we got home and were looking through all the stuff we brought back, including the hotel info sheet lol), I'd probably have just gotten them to do it!

Oh, and the washers and dryers only take quarters, but there is a machine in the laundry room that will convert US$ bills into quarters.

WOW!! I can't even fathom the overall price for my family of 4....looks like I am schleppin' to the laundry room! :lmao:

If you have a car do what I do. There is a great wash and fold laundry on Apopka Vineland in the strip mall where the steak and shake is located. We get a big bag of laundry done for $20 to $25. You cant beat going home with nice clean clothes. If they were located in my home town I would use them all of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter