Do Resort Pools have a "policy" about Floatation

Luvin*Livvy

Mouseketeer
Devices??? Like if a Toddler is in the BIG pool and not the baby pool? Do they HAVE TO have one on? Or are they NOT allowed?
Same for the Baby pool? DO they HAVE to have one? Or are they NOT allowed?

Reason being is my daughter will be almost 2 when we go, but she has been taking swimming lessons since she was 16 months, and can "save herself" in a pool..she knows what to do..WITHOUT any floaties or lifejackets, or whatever....so I don't want her to go backwards, or get confused if they make them wear them?? PLUS in a lot of the resort pool pictures MOST kids have SOMETHING on.
I know some pools DO want them in something, and some pool DO NOT ALLOW them! SO I was wondering what WDW does?

Thanks so much!

What you DD wears is up to you. You can even borrow a floatation device from the resort itself for free. I prefer regular floatation devices over arm swmmies since the swimmies can pop off. The only restriction that I know of is there can be no floatation devices in the hot tubs.

Nope - your DD is not required to wear a flotation device. On our last trip, my DD was 2 yrs old and also a strong swimmer - we were never required to put one on her. But as a PP mentioned, you can borrow them for free from the resorts if you want one.

Last year we were at the POP for a night and the floatation vests were plentiful, we moved to the Boardwalk for the rest of the week and barely saw any at the pool. Our 2 year old preferred to be held so I didn't ask around to see where they were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter