Do Magic Bands look dirty

Duckiedee

Every Day is Better at Disney
We're going for 10 days in the heat of August. I love the look of the yellow band, but was wondering... does it continue to look clean? Or will it get marked and gross before we leave?

Thanks!

All depends on how you take care of them. I always want my magic band to look fresh like it did when it came in the box! So far, all of mine have looked clean after each trip. I do not wear them in the shower or the pool (eventhough you can).

I don't think I've had a issue with them looking dirty. I've reused many between trips and they all still look pretty new.

Last Spring I had the red which is not as light as the yellow but it would show dirt (or ice cream drips in my case!). I had no problems ... in fact they are "washable" ... you can supposedly swim in them! I didn't swim with mine but my daughter did (hers was boring grey ... her choice!) and it was just fine. I wiped mine down occasionally with Wet Ones wipes ... they worked well on the ice cream drips! :tongue: I think the yellow will be fine!

You can wash them, so it's no problem. I got a smudge on my yellow one, but just rubbed it off with a little water and a napkin.

Th
We're going for 10 days in the heat of August. I love the look of the yellow band, but was wondering... does it continue to look clean? Or will it get marked and gross before we leave?

Thanks!
They don't look dirty. They look like fun. Washable fun!

My bands always look hideously, disgustingly filthy after only a few days. I do wear them in the pool and shower. I try to scrub them each day, but it doesn't really help them, especially the yellow ones. :scared: Gray is my favourite colour for not showing the dirt.

I had a yellow band for 2 weeks in July. I showered and swam with it, only took it off to sleep. It looked fine at the end. Not sparkly and new but certainly not gross. You can wipe it down with a soapy washcloth and it will be shiny new again. :flower:

Never wear in pool or shower, always stayed very clean.
I've been getting them since the test run and found that over time they oxidize. I've tried to wash them but they still dry the same.
My new pink one is on top, the older pink one on bottom obviously lost it's sheen. You can see the yellow and blue changing too.

E37CD79C-48C6-4E88-AF58-13B228D387EA.jpg

Wore my yellow band for 2 weeks last August, and not that it looked horrible, but I cleaned it with a Clorox wipe and made it look like new.

I don't think they look dirty, but the band I used for 2 weeks in August looks even more worn than the lower row in HopperFan's photo. It's a blue band, and I wasn't gentle on it at all--wore it in the pool almost every day, plus water parks (and tons of sweating! it was hot!).

If you want your Magic Band to remain almost pristine, remember you don't have to wear it all the time. My husband does and he loves it. I don't so just put it into my pocket or my bag if I'm carrying one and it's with me and secure (pockets have zippers) and I just take out when needed and tuck away when it's not. I have not yet wore my Magic Band on my wrist and it still works just like everyone else's.

Thank you for all the replies! :)

HopperFan - this is our first time with the MagicBands - how/where did you get the patterned one?

I've been getting them since the test run and found that over time they oxidize. I've tried to wash them but they still dry the same.
My new pink one is on top, the older pink one on bottom obviously lost it's sheen. You can see the yellow and blue changing too.

My very first band (pink) when they first started them in 2013 looks like that now too. That is why I don't reuse them. I like a fresh band each trip, even though I bought a purple customized one in November.

Thank you for all the replies! :)

HopperFan - this is our first time with the MagicBands - how/where did you get the patterned one?

I have gotten all my special ones at the parks. I still have a few more in my park bag ... and yes it is very hard to not buy!

This is a great site that covers everything with pictures.
http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/

9660B9E7-E707-42FF-BED4-D437E42B0BEE.jpg

I've always assumed that getting sunscreen on them makes them look dingy, but maybe they just start to turn that way anyway.

I've always assumed that getting sunscreen on them makes them look dingy, but maybe they just start to turn that way anyway.
Hmm. Good point about the sunscreen. We typically go for a few weeks in August and I'm constantly slathering sunblock all over me. Maybe that's why my bands get so gross.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter