Do I still have to pay $ 25

Little Twin Stars

Mouseketeer
if I have my own snorkeling equipment?

We finally bought one today at Costco. Since we have never snorkeled before and would try snorkeling at the Discovery trail at the snorkel lagoon tial for beginning, we therefore wonder if we still have to pay for $ 25 if we are not renting any equipment?

Are fins a must? The set we bought includes only a mask and a snorkel.

If you have your own equipment, you do not have to pay the $25 (that is only for equipment rental, NOT for the use of the snorkling paths). You will, however, have to wear one of the lifejackets (they are much smaller than a typical lifejacket) that are bright yellow so that the lifeguards can see you. The lifejacket is free, but mandatory!

Hope this helps
Katdb

No, yo won't have to pay. We brought our own equipment last time we cruised, and my boys ended up taking off the fins and just snorkeled around with fins and mask. You should be fine!

If you have your own equipment you do not have to pay the $25 rental fee.......Andy

LTS, fins are usually only necessary when the water is choppy, there is a stead current or if you'll be doing any kind of distance type snorkeling (i.e. we can get pretty far from shore when we're in the water, so it helps in getting back).
And as a suggestion, if you have time, try everthing out in the pool or tub first. Will help you get a good feel for it.

I believe that if you want to rent fins only the fee is $9 not the $25 for all the gear. As others have stated the vest is mandatory and free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter