Do I really need a Magic Band?

Not specific to this conversation, but for the life of me I can't understand the amount of energy expended on the MB debate. People spend thousands of dollars on a single Disney vacation, yet stress over whether to spend an extra $25 for a reusable MB+ that will last for years (and that can now be used on both coasts).

My favorite is deep analysis to determine if an owners locker will pay for itself in saved baggage fees or whatever 🙄

Just human nature I guess. We like using MB, and it’s one bit of tech Disney got mostly right IMO. But money aside I get why some people wouldn’t want to fool with it if a card works just as well.

OP in your case Magic Mobile and Apple Watch will do what you need including ride photos. If you don’t trust the Bluetooth (it is less reliable than MB) but don’t want it on your wrist I’d go with the belt loop/clip to a backpack suggestion.

Hi- I’m planning our fall trip to WDW. We haven’t been since before Magic Bands came out. We go to DLR every year and have never needed a Magic Band. Are they a must for WDW? Can’t you just tap your Key to the World card everywhere?

We all wear Apple Watches. I don’t want to wear something on each wrist all day in the heat.
You don't need one. You can put your ticket on your watch and use your phone to open the door. If you are staying onsite they have some preorder for $10 so that may be worth it.

Wow! I didn’t know that. So do they not have screens to see your ride photos anymore at WDW? We used to just take a photo of the number on the screen and grab them later.

There are certain rides that don't have photo preview screens/tap points. Some like Haunted Mansion, because photos were added in a recent remodel and there was no space built to accommodate photo previews/pickup. And others like GotG where the ride is new but they still didn't include it.

(My guess there is they want traffic to keep flowing out of the building, as you have to climb stairs/take an elevator to fully exit and they don't want a backup of people crowding around photos?)

We're using them because we're bringing our grandchildren who are 6 & 7. Figure it will be easier than grabbing our phones and I don't like the idea of a lanyard for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter