Do I really have to get a family suite?

Upon further questioning due to these responses, Wifey has admitted that the CM did indeed tell her that it would be fine.

She only told me they said "no" because she thought it was a funny way to break the news about the new resort.

I'm a full time student at UGA, and she works a million hours a week to get me though my degree at that horribly expensive school, pay the mortgage, children's school tuition, power bill, etc etc etc. If a lady wants to live luxuriously for a few days at Disney, who am I stop her?:cool1:

The baby and 20-month-old are both "Under 3" and 1 will not count towards room occupancy (and both we still be free admission-wise). However, the CM that your wife spoke with is wrong. You're considered to be a family of 4 + 1 infant which means that, yes, you could book a room in a value resort. Would I recommend it? Nope; I simply cannot imagine 5 humans occupying 260 sq ft of space. If you're still willing to spend the money on YC, go for it - it's an incredible resort! But keep it in the back of your head that you could easily downgrade to a Mod.

No matter what anyone else was told, only one child under age 3 is supposed to be exempt from room occupancy limits.

We stayed at All Star Movies with myself, my 2 daughters, my niece and my twins (age 10 months) with no problems. That was 6 of us .. but the babies didn't count ..

Actually one of the babies should have counted. You only get on infant free. No matter what the ages, a value room doesn't hold 6 people. Only 5.

Upon further questioning due to these responses, Wifey has admitted that the CM did indeed tell her that it would be fine.

She only told me they said "no" because she thought it was a funny way to break the news about the new resort.

I'm a full time student at UGA, and she works a million hours a week to get me though my degree at that horribly expensive school, pay the mortgage, children's school tuition, power bill, etc etc etc. If a lady wants to live luxuriously for a few days at Disney, who am I stop her?:cool1:

LOL, actually the first thing I thought of when you said she was in another room when she called, was that she was pulling your leg in order to stay at the Yacht Club.

Enjoy. Keep up with that degree. You will def need it once you have a taste of the deluxes I'm sure. LOL

No. Call back. They will let your family stay in any single, four-person room onsite.

While I usually agree with kaytieeldr, I say don't call back. If your wife wants to stay at the Yacht Club, that's where you should stay. Sounds like your DW got the right information anyway and just snowed you to get the deluxe resort. Good luck at school. Glad you can enjoy some luxury for a bit.

Enjoy! There are six of us (2 are under 3) and we will happily squeeze into one room at the deluxe resorts. It is worth it to have such a great location, imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!