Do I need a reservation?

Tiffany_Zerbe

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I haven't been to WDW since I was a kid. I am going with my boyfriend and it'll be his first time at WDW.
My question is: Do we need dining reservations for each time we eat? We are planning on making reservations for dinner time, but what about breakfast/lunch? Are we able to just walk in and sit or wait for a table?

Any info would be helpful!

Hello!

I haven't been to WDW since I was a kid. I am going with my boyfriend and it'll be his first time at WDW.
My question is: Do we need dining reservations for each time we eat? We are planning on making reservations for dinner time, but what about breakfast/lunch? Are we able to just walk in and sit or wait for a table?

Any sit down restaurant will very likely not have walk up availability with a few exceptions, with the current reduced capacity. You may be able to snag a reservation day of on MDE. And of course counter service is not reservation based.
Given the limited breakfast options I would make reservations especially if you are hoping for a character meal.

Hello!

Disney offers both quick service counter restaurants as well as sit down table service restaurants. Due to the pandemic shut down, social distancing, slow reopening of restaurants, it can be difficult to get a reservation, let alone walk up.

Most will just do counter service for breakfast and lunch. Not all counter service restaurants will have places to sit down or open tables if the do have seating. If you require a seat, table service is the way to go.

Another option, there is an option to check in on the app day of for walk up service. You do not have a lot of flexibility with this as far as how long it will take to be seated, etc. And once walk up is full for a place, you may not have another opportunity to check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter