• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I HAVE to book these excursions early????Can't Decide!

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
I have narrowed down our options to two excursions--60 days out was last week. It is either the Blue Lagoon/Stingray City in Nassau or the Lucayan Beach day in Freeport.
I keep mentioning them to DH but can't get a decision! We will do a little shopping in the port we don't do an excurion in, but nothing major.
Do either of these sell out early?
And what about parasailing on Castaway Cay? I have promised this to DD#1 (age 11) IF she gets straight As--which I won't know until June 6 (we sail June 29)--will that sell out as well?
Robin M.

I'd say book the now. You can cancel without penalty up to 2 days before embarkation.

Although we were pretty certain on most of the things we wanted to book there were a couple things DS wasn't 100% about. When I called the rest in I went ahead and booked those after verifying I could cancel and up to what point. About 2 days later he had decided. At the very least it saved me a second phone call. And many of the more popular book up fast.

Can't say specifically on those but it can't hurt!

Deb

I can only speak to the Stingray/Blue Lagoon excursion but we booked late (the Dolphin Encounter was already full) and we could have just done this one on our own had we wanted to. (Didn't know that at the time though)
As was previously mentioned though you may find that more people are booking on your particular cruise so book now, cancel when you decide which you don't want to do.
Cheers,
Grumbo

I'd decide between thee excursions you want for the family and book them now. I'd also book parasailing, you can cancel up to 2 days before embarkation, so they'd be no penalty for canceling. I personally would recommend against anything at Blue Lagoon. I thought it was the dirtiest place I've ever been too and it DEFINATELY wasn't worth the money they wanted. I didn't do the Stingray Excursion, just the beach part, but the beach was just AWFUL!! Remember this is my opinion, and others have liked it. This is my advice, if you're looking for white powdery sand, and clear water, Blue Lagoon isn't the place. I thought the beaches here in NJ were nicer than Blue Lagoon!!!

Wow we were at Blue Lagoon in March this year and thought it was great. If I had thought it was dirty or messy I would have complained, trust me. We had a group of 5 of us and all loved it. Perhaps the day jelo511 was there was a fluke. Then again maybe the day WE were there was a fluke. :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

you should really book the parasailing now if you don't want to miss out on that. It is very limited, so that one for sure i would schedule ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter