DLR Summer Discounted Hotel Rooms?

Does anyone know the "request window" for any specifics or room assignments at the hotels? Which tower are standard rooms generally assigned to at DLH? Can I request Adventure tower on a deluxe view room? Any recommendations on room assignment at GCH for partial view rooms?

Does anyone know the "request window" for any specifics or room assignments at the hotels? Which tower are standard rooms generally assigned to at DLH? Can I request Adventure tower on a deluxe view room? Any recommendations on room assignment at GCH for partial view rooms?
Standard Rooms at DLH are in all towers. Our recent one was on the 4th floor, Downtown Disney side of Adventure tower.

Deluxe View is, I think, all in Adventure Tower. It's the upper floors facing DtD.

At the GCH, I'm not sure where partial view rooms are located, but I would always recommend requesting "close to elevators" at GCH or you can be down the ends of VERY long hallways. However, based on the layout of this resort, it is likely that partial view rooms ARE those ones at the ends of wings, so be ready for some LONG walks to your room. This is a hotel where I only book standard or Courtyard view.

Standard Rooms at DLH are in all towers. Our recent one was on the 4th floor, Downtown Disney side of Adventure tower.

Deluxe View is, I think, all in Adventure Tower. It's the upper floors facing DtD.

At the GCH, I'm not sure where partial view rooms are located, but I would always recommend requesting "close to elevators" at GCH or you can be down the ends of VERY long hallways. However, based on the layout of this resort, it is likely that partial view rooms ARE those ones at the ends of wings, so be ready for some LONG walks to your room. This is a hotel where I only book standard or Courtyard view.
Thanks for the help. I actually just got off the phone with a wonderful CM named Shawn (yes I did the survey and gave him 5 star reviews). Anyway, he was able to add Adventure tower as my request. With my partial view room at GCH he mentioned it is already booked as a DTD partial view. Although I booked online and it only gives the option of partial view and no other specifics. He said the cool thing is, with the category I'm already booked in, he said I'm close to the park entrance which I like. He said the rooms are above DTD and overlook it and they are sound proof, but when you open the balcony sliding door you can hear it all, and it's pretty cool. Excited about my stay beginning next week.

Another question, he mentioned you can do early check-in online 5 days in advance. Are there any advantages to that? My understanding is, it doesn't mean your room is ready on day of arrival though.

Thanks for the help. I actually just got off the phone with a wonderful CM named Shawn (yes I did the survey and gave him 5 star reviews). Anyway, he was able to add Adventure tower as my request. With my partial view room at GCH he mentioned it is already booked as a DTD partial view. Although I booked online and it only gives the option of partial view and no other specifics. He said the cool thing is, with the category I'm already booked in, he said I'm close to the park entrance which I like. He said the rooms are above DTD and overlook it and they are sound proof, but when you open the balcony sliding door you can hear it all, and it's pretty cool. Excited about my stay beginning next week.

Another question, he mentioned you can do early check-in online 5 days in advance. Are there any advantages to that? My understanding is, it doesn't mean your room is ready on day of arrival though.
Do the mobile check in. It is so much easier than front desk check in. You will be able to use your phone to open the pool gate or any other amenities and then use it to open your room door. If you tell them you are arriving early in the morning, you have a much better chance of having your room ready early (little tip there).

Bummer! I doubt they'll do a discount for October now. Oh well.

Ugh I can’t decide what to do - we have a family suite at the Camelot (1 king connecting to room with 2 queens) but considering upgrading to GCH. I just wish the rooms weren’t so basic/small :(

Do the mobile check in. It is so much easier than front desk check in. You will be able to use your phone to open the pool gate or any other amenities and then use it to open your room door. If you tell them you are arriving early in the morning, you have a much better chance of having your room ready early (little tip there).
Nice! I mentioned to the CM on the phone that I wanted to request early check-in if it was possible. He said something about being sent an email 5 days ahead of check-in to do early check-in. So is that where I can notate that I'm arriving early morning? Or do I need to call back and have them notate early arrival on my reservation?

Nice! I mentioned to the CM on the phone that I wanted to request early check-in if it was possible. He said something about being sent an email 5 days ahead of check-in to do early check-in. So is that where I can notate that I'm arriving early morning? Or do I need to call back and have them notate early arrival on my reservation?
They ask during the mobile check in "what time will you arrive to the hotel?" You can select any hour in the 24 hour day.

There is a disclaimer that you are not guaranteed a room ready until after 3pm, regardless of your arrival time though, so just know it's not a sure bet.

Hmmm, so is this taking the place of a Fall discount then? When you look at historical discounts there's usually a Fall one- what do you all think? Do you think we'll still see one?

They ask during the mobile check in "what time will you arrive to the hotel?" You can select any hour in the 24 hour day.

There is a disclaimer that you are not guaranteed a room ready until after 3pm, regardless of your arrival time though, so just know it's not a sure bet.
Awesome, thank you so much!! Do you know if we're still able to get actual room keys?

Last edited:
Hmmm, so is this taking the place of a Fall discount then? When you look at historical discounts there's usually a Fall one- what do you all think? Do you think we'll still see one?

I hope, but I'm starting to doubt at this point. It seems deliberate to end at the end of September.

Yes, you can stop by the desk anytime and get actual keys.
Great thanks! I'm also staying at the GCH for a few days. When I looked online, I see the category we were assigned at booking is DTD Partial View. Any requests I should make, or just leave as is?

Great thanks! I'm also staying at the GCH for a few days. When I looked online, I see the category we were assigned at booking is DTD Partial View. Any requests I should make, or just leave as is?
I wouldn't. Just leave it. You stand a better chance of an upgrade if you make no requests. I never make requests. Let the chips fall where they will.

I hope, but I'm starting to doubt at this point. It seems deliberate to end at the end of September.

Don't fret yet! Historically summer discounts have gone through the end-ish of September and then around the 2nd/3rd week of October has been the beginning of fall dates. Obviously things can change and maybe they'll decide "nah" but fingers crossed!!

Don't fret yet! Historically summer discounts have gone through the end-ish of September and then around the 2nd week of October is the beginning of the fall dates.

Oh snap! That would be amazing. I hope you're right.

I was going to wait for a sale to book but it's probably best to just book now and then just call in if it goes on sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter