DLR Summer Discounted Hotel Rooms?

1Disneylandfan

400 miles away
Does anyone know if and when we'll see any promotional discounts released on DLR rooms for the summer months? I know the current promotion runs until June 9th. Is it typical to see any summer promotion rates or magic key rates for the July and August months?

I'll be there the 1st week of July and only see regular room rates at all 3 of the onsite hotels. I did book for the dates I wanted at DLH and GCH, but hoping for promotional rates to come out.

I think it is hard to say in the current situation. I know there were no hotel discounts last summer, but things were also still limited capacity and just opening up. I'm not sure what was typical before COVID or if that would even apply to the current times.

WDW already has a summer room deal out running July - Sept. So I'm not holding out a lot of hope for DLR. But I could also see them putting an offer up sometime in the next few weeks.

I think there is a good chance. DLR typically only releases discounts at the last minute, so keep on the lookout and be ready to rebook the DAY a discount is announced.
I totally agree, that if it does happen it would be last minute, and I mean like days before. And I'll be checking daily as the dates get closer. But like any other hotel, if their nearing capacity they have no reason to discount anything.

I think it is hard to say in the current situation. I know there were no hotel discounts last summer, but things were also still limited capacity and just opening up. I'm not sure what was typical before COVID or if that would even apply to the current times.

WDW already has a summer room deal out running July - Sept. So I'm not holding out a lot of hope for DLR. But I could also see them putting an offer up sometime in the next few weeks.
Disney had a sale last summer in early July that ran until early October. I was contemplating it then, but decided not to since I ended up going to Hawaii instead in August. So I couldn't financially swing both, although it would've been nice to do so.

I hope so. I think if they did release a discount it would be a few days after the current one ends. I'd just check in every day as your dates get closer. If you already know you want to stay onsite you could book your rooms so you have them, and hopefully when the sale starts you could book new rooms for a better price.

I hope so. I think if they did release a discount it would be a few days after the current one ends. I'd just check in every day as your dates get closer. If you already know you want to stay onsite you could book your rooms so you have them, and hopefully when the sale starts you could book new rooms for a better price.
I did book at current rates for July, 2 nights at DLH and 2 nights at GCH. But still hoping for the sale/promotion, that way it is cheaper and depending on sale rates I might add an additional night to each hotel.

I've stayed on property twice in the past at PP about 10 years ago. 1st time was club level and 2nd time was theme park view (watching WOC from my room was awesome). So staying at DLH and GCH has been on my bucket list for years.

I did book at current rates for July, 2 nights at DLH and 2 nights at GCH. But still hoping for the sale/promotion, that way it is cheaper and depending on sale rates I might add an additional night to each hotel.

I've stayed on property twice in the past at PP about 10 years ago. 1st time was club level and 2nd time was theme park view (watching WOC from my room was awesome). So staying at DLH and GCH has been on my bucket list for years.
That's what I'm doing, too. DLH for June. In November I booked DLH, and the sale started a few days later. I was able to add an extra night because of the sale so I hope it happens this way again in June :)

I might try Paradise Pier if the new entrance into DCA is open by June, but I have no idea what the time frame is for that. I've always thought those theme park view rooms look wonderful!

There actually was a summer discount last year. I stayed in August for a really low rate.

That's what I'm doing, too. DLH for June. In November I booked DLH, and the sale started a few days later. I was able to add an extra night because of the sale so I hope it happens this way again in June :)

I might try Paradise Pier if the new entrance into DCA is open by June, but I have no idea what the time frame is for that. I've always thought those theme park view rooms look wonderful!
Theme Park view is amazing at PP. We were on the 14th floor. Seeing DCA all lit up at night from that vantage point is spectacular.

Back then (10 years ago) you could cut thru GCH into DTD or access the DCA entrance (provided it was after 11am).

Just so happened to look at dates for this month (May) to see some sale rates and it's discounted a lot. To check-in @ DLH on 5/25 and check-out 5/27 is $392.25 a night for a deluxe view. Even club level with a view was $602.50 a night. Too bad I'm not going then, and hoping to see something like that in July for when I'm going.

Last year they didn't release the summer discounts starting in July until mid-June.
Yeah I remember when they announced the DLH opening back up and you could make reservations probably around the same time they had released the summer rates. Probably happen that way again.

10 days out from vacation......still hoping to see some room discounts drop from Disney. Although, I have a feeling it may not happen during my visit but maybe for later in the summer.

I am losing hope for a discount this summer. Last year’s summer offer was released 6/15/21. Oh well, at least it saves us $$ in the long run since we were probably going to upgrade from PP to GCH which would have of course been more even with a discount.

I am losing hope for a discount this summer. Last year’s summer offer was released 6/15/21. Oh well, at least it saves us $$ in the long run since we were probably going to upgrade from PP to GCH which would have of course been more even with a discount.
Me too. However I've seen Disney drop summer discount rooms as late as 6/26 or so, for a 7/1 check-in date. My guess, is if they don't drop the summer discount room by next week Mon/Tue, that it won't be available with 7/1 check-in dates. Rather if a summer discount happens it will drop sometime next month for a mid July or early August check-in dates. I'll also guess that with the CA resident only discount ticket for the summer, they are banking on that for revenue.

Based on anecdotal accounts of overcrowding at the resorts right now, I wouldn't hold my breath for room discounts anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter