DLR Half-Marathon 2013. Who else is going?!?!

Clear and a low of 68... oof! Was hoping to at least start out a little chillier but much better to know this going in! Thank you! :cheer2:

It is still so far off, I wouldn't worry too much about an extended forecast. They seem to be very "seasonal" to me still. They will get more specific as we get closer.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm hoping the lows will get a bit lower! 68 is still quite warm for me! But the highs I can live with. I'm hoping those don't change much :rolleyes1

Think I will need a throw away sweatshirt for the starts? I used one this year for the WDW 1/2 but not the PHM. I'm a FL gal and used to high humidity. Does anyone have any experience with the difference of no/low humidity compared to almost 100%. I get chilly pretty easily. TIA for any input.

Think I will need a throw away sweatshirt for the starts? I used one this year for the WDW 1/2 but not the PHM. I'm a FL gal and used to high humidity. Does anyone have any experience with the difference of no/low humidity compared to almost 100%. I get chilly pretty easily. TIA for any input.

If you are worried, pack a light one or a l/s tshirt you can toss. Better safe than uncomfortable.

If you have any old pairs of tube socks or can pick up a cheap pair at Target or Walmart, you can cut off the bottom/toes part and have a pair of cheap arm sleeves and then toss them when you warm up.

Does anyone know if we'll be seeing Dreams Come True or Magical next weekend? All the Disney website says is "Fireworks".

If you are worried, pack a light one or a l/s tshirt you can toss. Better safe than uncomfortable.

If you have any old pairs of tube socks or can pick up a cheap pair at Target or Walmart, you can cut off the bottom/toes part and have a pair of cheap arm sleeves and then toss them when you warm up.

Thanks I think LS tee and the socks are both great ideas and still light on packing

I'm sitting here about to go out for one of my last runs before the race since taper and travel are in my immediate future and I am so excited! I am feeling pretty healthy - just a little tweak in my heal that doesn't bother me while running. I feel fast - maybe I will finally get to the other side of 1:50. And I get to see the original Disney! It will be a whirlwind trip and I will leave wanting to see and do more but it will be so much fun:).

I hope everyone has a safe and healthy last weekend of training. Don't try to squeeze in too many miles - the hay is in the barn guys! Rest, pack, eat smart and hydrate, and I will see you in The Happiest Place on Earth!
I get there late Wednesday night and plan to go to the parks Thursday after a late breakfast with Minnie and pals;). Woo hoo!!

Does anyone know if we'll be seeing Dreams Come True or Magical next weekend? All the Disney website says is "Fireworks".

I believe it's still Magical next weekend... that should be switching over to Dreams fairly soon though.

Can anyone tell me how I register (if needed) for the event included transportation?

Thank you! See you all soon! :)

Can anyone tell me how I register (if needed) for the event included transportation?

Thank you! See you all soon! :)

Depending on where you stay, you may not need transportation for the race. If you need it, though, from runDisney's FAQ:

Complimentary event transportation will be provided by the Anaheim Transportation Network throughout the Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend to participants who are staying at select Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotels. Shuttle buses will depart from select Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotels to the Disneyland® Resort East Esplanade Shuttle Drop-Off area every 20 minutes continuously throughout the weekend during scheduled Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend events. A ticket will be given to participants the first time they board the shuttle that they must save for use over the entire Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend. Transportation from Disneyland® Resort Hotels will not be provided as they are within walking distance to all of the Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend events.

You can view the final race instructions for the bus route information.

And also don't forget that they drop you off at the loading area off Harbor so you will still have to walk down DTD pre/post race & expo so don't forget to build that extra time into planning.

Hope everyone has safe travels down, up and out to DL and good luck in your races this weekend!! :ccat: :mickeyjum :dumbo: and C2C'ers

Flying out tomorrow and far more nervous about this than the last three races I have done. I'm not even excited to be at DL this time its so bad...

ANYWAY I have seen the maps but am still confused as to how we get to the start - is it very close to the edge of DTD? I am coming from the motels on the other side - will we just hang a right and be there or do we need to go somewhere else?

Flying out tomorrow and far more nervous about this than the last three races I have done. I'm not even excited to be at DL this time its so bad...

ANYWAY I have seen the maps but am still confused as to how we get to the start - is it very close to the edge of DTD? I am coming from the motels on the other side - will we just hang a right and be there or do we need to go somewhere else?

I am on the same boat as you except I leave tonight. But I am wondering how to get to the corrals from the Disney hotels.

Don't be nervous ~ you'll do great. As for the parks... I think once you get there and maybe the expo everything will sink in and you'll get excited.

I am on the same boat as you except I leave tonight. But I am wondering how to get to the corrals from the Disney hotels.
It is close to the edge of DTD. B/w DTD and DLH there is a service road (we'll also run it at the finish). Follow the service road to the parking lot/staging area. There is where the bag drop will be. After the bag drop is a road you drive in to get to the parking lots that will take us to the road we start on, DL Drive. When you are walking down DTD, there is an overpass after Tortilla Joe's and before the Lego Store where you can see the road. Plus you'll see everyone walking so no worries about getting lost! It's really easy and if you've done races at WDW, it is SOOOO much easier! :goodvibes

If you're staying at the Grand, it might be easier to go out the front door area to cross the street towards Paradise Pier and access the service road that way. You could also go the back way through DTD, but that might be back tracking a bit.

All I know is I am exhausted! We were at WDW until Sunday, tomorrow we leave for DLR. Of the four nights I am home, three of them have me working overnights (5pm to 10am) and the one in between I had to take a mini road trip. Finally finished my costume today. Then I dropped a stroller on my big toe... Rofl!! It doesn't seem to have done any damage.

We trained hard to get a sub-3hr half - I know it's not much but for us, it will be a feat. We did our 12mi long run in 2:46 so it is within reach. I think a lot will depend on how my "angry toe" holds up.

Praying for low temps, low humidity & an over cast morning on race day. Travel safe, everyone!

Depending on where you stay, you may not need transportation for the race. If you need it, though, from runDisney's FAQ:

Complimentary event transportation will be provided by the Anaheim Transportation Network throughout the Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend to participants who are staying at select Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotels. Shuttle buses will depart from select Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotels to the Disneyland® Resort East Esplanade Shuttle Drop-Off area every 20 minutes continuously throughout the weekend during scheduled Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend events. A ticket will be given to participants the first time they board the shuttle that they must save for use over the entire Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend. Transportation from Disneyland® Resort Hotels will not be provided as they are within walking distance to all of the Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend events.

You can view the final race instructions for the bus route information.

Thank you. I must still be missing something, don't really see a list of which Good Neighbor Hotels have transportation. Can I just park in one of the lots myself? Will it be open?

Almost there! I just finished half of my last day at work for the next week. Just gotta get through my shift at DCA today and I'm golden. Who's gonna be in the Parks today?

Now I'm debating what time to leave my apartment on Sat/Sun to make it to the parking lot and walk to the corrals and all that. I can't remember what time I left last year and the 10K is gonna throw a wrench into my usual plan as well.

DW and I will be arriving at DLR early tomorrow (Friday) morning. She's doing the 10k and I'm in the HM. I printed our waivers and based on my previous race times, I see that I'll be in corral C for the HM.

We wish everyone good luck and a great time! :thumbsup2

Almost there! I just finished half of my last day at work for the next week. Just gotta get through my shift at DCA today and I'm golden. Who's gonna be in the Parks today?

Now I'm debating what time to leave my apartment on Sat/Sun to make it to the parking lot and walk to the corrals and all that. I can't remember what time I left last year and the 10K is gonna throw a wrench into my usual plan as well.

I'll be there Friday night. Plan to pick up my bib then hit the parks for a little, have dinner and then go to bed early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter