• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL with 6 month old?

sschaefer

Earning My Ears
Looking for any tips on doing Disney with a 6 month old. Do all rides have the baby exchange? Can you do the baby exchange with a party of 4 - two ride and two wait? Will she be able to go on any of the rides? Thanks for any help.

I've been to Disneyland many times with an infant, so I have a little bit of experience when it comes to which ride your infant can go on.

There are a lot of rides the baby can go on with you at DL, most rides actually. The rides she can't go on are: Matterhorn, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Star Tours, Indiana Jones, and Gadget's Go Coaster.

Although the baby can go on the rest of the rides with you, some maybe a little too loud for the baby if your baby is sensitive to loud noises. And remember the little drop in Pirates of the Carribean could upset the baby a little, although it didn't bother my two babies.

In the case of DCA, it is geared toward older kids and adults, so the baby will not be able to go on very many rides at this park, but you should have not problem if you use the baby swap.

Also, if you go to any of the 3D attractions with the baby sitting in your lap, be aware that the sound track for these movies are usually very loud. I've heard many babies crying during these shows because of the noise factor. :sad:

I personally have never done the baby swap, but from what I hear, you should have no problem using the swap with a party of 4, two ride while two wait, and then swap places and the other two ride.

Hope this helps! :wizard:

We took our DD4 to DCA the first time at 7-months and DL/DCA at 14-months. She was not afraid of anything at those ages. She was able to sleep in the stroller when we were walking around. If she was sleeping, we took that time to ride the rides she could not go on.

We are planning a trip next month and the girls are DD4 and DD1 1/2. I suspect we will have more fear problems with my older daughter now that she knows to be afraid of things.

Have fun! It is a great age.

Sher

My son is now 19 months old and he has been to the park at least 10 times, probably closer to 20. I think his first trip was at 7 weeks.

The baby swap is quick and painless. Just ask for a pass when you get to the load area, or when you get off the ride. Our son rode Pirates plenty of times when he was really young, riding in a sling my wife wore. The noise is a big thing, though. You really notice how loud things are when you're toting an infant around. He was never really bothered by it though. I think he's ridden most of the dark rides, he's gone through the Tiki Room, and even slept through the Alladin show at DCA when he was younger.

Nap time is a good time to do the E-ticket rides, or just open a book, get a drink and relax on a bench.

Question?

Can you swap on the Haunted Mansion? I couldn't figure out how that could work? Any suggestions?

Susan

We usually take our son with us on the HM, but I would think that you could do the swap. One person will have to go through the queue, but there's a cast member at the head of the line. Ask them for a swap pass. The person swapping should come up the exit, then can be let into the entryway from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter