DL website hates my credit card

Cal-Pie

DIS Veteran
I have a Capital One Venture card that I like to use, well...everywhere, because I want the travel points. But, DL's website always gives me an error message that it isn't valid. I've contacted Capital One, and they can't see any problem on their end. I have other cards, but I'd really like to use that card on my upcoming trip for mobile order and to reserve my WOC dessert party. Anyone had anything similar happen? Any ideas on how to fix it? Sidenote: I've used the card many times in the park with no problem, it's just the website that won't accept it.

Disney's website is just bad and there isn't much you can do. Maybe try booking things at a less busy time because that's when their credit card systems fall apart most often.

I've also occasionally had issues with certain Chase cards doing mobile order and just used a different one.

I have a Capital One Venture card that I like to use, well...everywhere, because I want the travel points. But, DL's website always gives me an error message that it isn't valid. I've contacted Capital One, and they can't see any problem on their end. I have other cards, but I'd really like to use that card on my upcoming trip for mobile order and to reserve my WOC dessert party. Anyone had anything similar happen? Any ideas on how to fix it? Sidenote: I've used the card many times in the park with no problem, it's just the website that won't accept it.
If you have a web browser with a no-tracking mode like Chrome's Incognito, I would do that whenever you need to access Disneyland's site. I always get errors when I try to use a regular web browser but no issues when doing Incognito.

If you have a web browser with a no-tracking mode like Chrome's Incognito, I would do that whenever you need to access Disneyland's site. I always get errors when I try to use a regular web browser but no issues when doing Incognito.
I gave it a try, and got the usual "your card cannot be verified, try another card." So frustrating!

None of our Canadian cards would work!!! We had to buy gift cards (with our credit cards lol) and then use the gc on our app! It was really annoying!!!

None of our Canadian cards would work!!! We had to buy gift cards (with our credit cards lol) and then use the gc on our app! It was really annoying!!!
That will be what I likely resort to, I just wish the app would store the gift card #, so you didn't have to enter it every time. It's a minor annoyance, but I'm easily annoyed;) I bought gift cards to pay for the dessert party, but they changed the website last week, and now you can only use a credit card when you make the reservation. So, now those gift cards will be going to mobile orders.

I gave it a try, and got the usual "your card cannot be verified, try another card." So frustrating!
Something similar happened to me once. I don’t know exactly what eventually fixed it but here are some things to look at.

In your profile, check your name, address, and phone number. In your account also check your payment details to make sure card number, expiration date, security code, AND name, address, and phone number are correct. If your profile info and credit card info aren’t the same, that might have caused problems.

I THINK my problem was that the phone number associated with my profile was different than the phone number associated with my credit card so somehow that was causing problems.

Something similar happened to me once. I don’t know exactly what eventually fixed it but here are some things to look at.

In your profile, check your name, address, and phone number. In your account also check your payment details to make sure card number, expiration date, security code, AND name, address, and phone number are correct. If your profile info and credit card info aren’t the same, that might have caused problems.

I THINK my problem was that the phone number associated with my profile was different than the phone number associated with my credit card so somehow that was causing problems.
Double checked all the info in my account, made sure it matched the card, even matched capital letters with capital letters, etc.... and it still won't take it:(
Can you buy Disney gift cards with it? Those may work better
That is definitely the plan right now, except WOC dessert, which only accepts CC.

So I had a corporate card that had to use to expense a work fun outing at Disneyland, and I had the same issue where Disneyland won’t accept it. I called credit card company and they said rejection was happening on the Disneyland end. I verbally checked the name, address and phone number with the credit card company and they all seemed to match.

Not to give up, I looked in the company internal site for my address and noticed that there was a “ATTN <login>“ (where login was my login at the company) before the actually address, so I tried putting that line as the first line for the address in the Disneyland app and it worked!

So… check very carefully with your credit card company what’s actually on file. There may be a discrepancy or tiny detail that gets missed when confirming verbally by phone, which may be what Disneyland web site is rejecting.

So I had a corporate card that had to use to expense a work fun outing at Disneyland, and I had the same issue where Disneyland won’t accept it. I called credit card company and they said rejection was happening on the Disneyland end. I verbally checked the name, address and phone number with the credit card company and they all seemed to match.

Not to give up, I looked in the company internal site for my address and noticed that there was a “ATTN <login>“ (where login was my login at the company) before the actually address, so I tried putting that line as the first line for the address in the Disneyland app and it worked!

So… check very carefully with your credit card company what’s actually on file. There may be a discrepancy or tiny detail that gets missed when confirming verbally by phone, which may be what Disneyland web site is rejecting.
Disneyland work outing?!? Yes, please! That's awesome. Triple checked my info on the credit card site, and I just can't find any discrepancy. I did, however, just remember that I added my son to this account as an authorized user when he left for college last year. I know his card has a different number than mine. I'll get in touch with him when he gets out of class tonight and give his card a try, maybe hope is not lost. Just take my money already, Disney!!

Not sure if this will work for you but it did for me. I had the same problem where neither the app or the website would accept my credit card to save to my account. The workaround for me was I booked a dining package and after I entered my credit card info for that it asked me if I wanted to save that cc to my account and it accepted it. Not sure if it was a fluke but might be worth a try.

Not sure if this will work for you but it did for me. I had the same problem where neither the app or the website would accept my credit card to save to my account. The workaround for me was I booked a dining package and after I entered my credit card info for that it asked me if I wanted to save that cc to my account and it accepted it. Not sure if it was a fluke but might be worth a try.
What. The. Heck. I found an open Hungry Bear Reservation next week, so I grabbed it and put in the card. It accepted it, but never offered me the opportunity to save it to my account! Maybe I'll actually be able to use it when I make my real reservations next week, but just can't save it? So weird! I'm off to cancel the reservation I just made...

Have you tried Internet Explorer (or whatever its called now)? That's my go to when websites glitch on me.
Have you tried adding it on the app, instead of the website?
The weirdest glitch I came across on my trip was that someone with an iPhone was trying to purchase G+ and it kept going to a blank screen. My Dad suggested that she add a saved credit card, and then the transaction went through.

Have you tried Internet Explorer (or whatever its called now)? That's my go to when websites glitch on me.
Edge, no success
Have you tried adding it on the app, instead of the website?
Yeah, no difference either way

Tried my son's card on the same account with entirely different numbers, with no success. Disney IT incompetence: 1, Me: 0. I surrender.

Double checked all the info in my account, made sure it matched the card, even matched capital letters with capital letters, etc.... and it still won't take it:(

That is definitely the plan right now, except WOC dessert, which only accepts CC.
That’s so silly that it won’t accept a gift card Disney makes things difficult!

Edge, no success

Yeah, no difference either way

Tried my son's card on the same account with entirely different numbers, with no success. Disney IT incompetence: 1, Me: 0. I surrender.
I'm sorry. It really doesn't make sense to me that they can have some of the coolest ride technology in the world, but can't work out their online interface.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter