DL Visit 3/19 How to visit during Rope Drop when having Genie+ and ILL for RISE

DLRExpert

and WDWExpert?
Did a quick visit to Disneyland on 3/19. I wanted to see how much I can get done by 1230pm (needed to be somewhere at 1pm) on a busy Saturday Spring Break Day.

Arrived at the Mickey and Friends Parking structure just before 7am, line of cars was much more than I thought, but was able to get to the park entrance at 730am and before guests were let in.

Where I was for the Rope Drop.

Rope drop happened, beelined it to Peter Pan and was about 100 people back in line but only took 10 minutes. While in line I did the Fish for Anytime LL trick for the closed Matterhorn and got a Return anytime LL by the time I was off of Peter Pan. I then booked a LL for Indiana Jones.
After Peter Pan, I changed it up and went to Snow White as it just opened from being down at opening, went to Alice (but broke down while I was in line), so went to Matterhorn since it just opened and got on in 10 minutes, then off to Mr, Toad, Pinocchio, then Alice. I usually leave Fantasyland by 850am but stayed a bit longer because of Alice.

After Alice I headed to Adventureland. The line for Jungle Cruise was crazy long, easily 20-30 minutes yet Indiana Jones was 20 minute (really 15 minutes) Standby and it started just below the bridge where the LL meets up, So I switch LL from IJ to Big Thunder. While in line for IJ, I booked a ILL for Rise 1015-1115. After Indy I used LL for Big Thunder, then tried to get a LL for Mansion or Falcon. Mansion was a quicker return time so I got that one. Once I scanned Mansion LL, I got a LL for Splash (another quick return time), then when in line for Splash I got a LL for Falcon (refresh trick gave me a quick return time). After Splash, I used ILL for Rise, then had a Ronto Sandwich and Tatooine Sunset (MY FAVORITE drink in DL)., then off to Falcon (LL line was much longer than expected, not sure why), got a LL for Autopia. Was going to use the Anytime LL for Space Mountain, but Space was down, so I headed home.

All in all that is 6 rides in one hour, then 7 more rides from 9am-12pm. Total attractions 13 in 4 hours.

Here is a link to my Rope Drop Guide thread
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...lanes-and-individual-lightning-lanes.3863236/Here is a link to my FISH for Anytime LL thread
https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-to-fish-for-lightning-lane-experience-passes.3869584/

Last edited:
That's amazing! We were there Thursday-Saturday and Saturday morning seemed less busy to us than the other mornings but it could be that we just had a better plan and were more organized after the first 2 days of trying to figure it out! We had really good luck accomplishing a lot on Saturday morning as well but the afternoon proved a bit more challenging when the crowds started building! We definitely used some of your tips on rope drop though and the fishing for LLs, so thanks for all the great info! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter