DL Food Opinions Wanted: Best Tacos, Best Cajun/Creole

Yes! I've heard a lot about the Monte Cristo - looks really good. I'm also interested in the shrimp and grits, but wondering if it's better at Ralph Brennan's. (My husband really enjoys shrimp and grits.) I know it's going to be different everywhere you go.
I've heard great things about CO's shrimp and grits. :) Monte Cristo is great but rather heavy - I suggest that you share with someone else as I did. Also, pomme frites are a must!

I've heard great things about CO's shrimp and grits. :) Monte Cristo is great but rather heavy - I suggest that you share with someone else as I did. Also, pomme frites are a must!

I'm thinking my husband and I will split a Monte Cristo and the Pomme Frites (I've heard that the dipping sauce is really good too) to save some room for other stuff at other places, but we're going to skip the shrimp and grits. bwvBound shared that she had the shrimp and grits here just last week and that they were awful. My husband will probably end up getting this at Ralph Brennan's now. Too much food!

Love the plan to split a Monte Cristo and Pomme Frites. Yes, the PF are great!!

(We find the MC too heavy ... but splitting it is a good plan.) My husband had the Muffaletta Salad and enjoyed it.

Yes, I'd want both - and that's not a good idea! But you're right, no cheese is a nacho fail. Looks like Craftsman Bar and Grill, or the pool bar, if we do nachos then. I love lobster, but I just don't know about lobster nachos - I need the onions, the sour cream, the jalapenos...
They have jalapeños, etc. Lobster is the meat. I think you can also get chicken or beef.

They have jalapeños, etc. Lobster is the meat. I think you can also get chicken or beef.

Oh, they're like regular nachos but have lobster? I thought they'd have some cream sauce or something...certainly wasn't thinking they'd have the regular nacho stuff. I don't know - just doesn't sound good to me.

Edited to add: Just looked up a menu - they do have a chipotle crema, but yeah, also pretty much all the regular nacho stuff. I think I'll do a new post and ask what people thought of them. I am curious...

Oh, they're like regular nachos but have lobster? I thought they'd have some cream sauce or something...certainly wasn't thinking they'd have the regular nacho stuff. I don't know - just doesn't sound good to me.

Edited to add: Just looked up a menu - they do have a chipotle crema, but yeah, also pretty much all the regular nacho stuff. I think I'll do a new post and ask what people thought of them. I am curious...
I’ve never had them. But they’re generally highly recommended!

Looking like we're going to have to do both! Nice to know we can split the Monte Cristo though - didn't know it was that big.

What are the cinnamon chips? Are they like potato chips?
They are fried triangle-shaped flour tortillas with cinnamon and sugar. They also have lime ones that are pretty good, but the cinnamon ones are addicting!

DD (16) and I do not usually split meals but this one we had to since it was way too big for one person. Even splitting it we did not have room for dessert.

They are fried triangle-shaped flour tortillas with cinnamon and sugar. They also have lime ones that are pretty good, but the cinnamon ones are addicting!

DD (16) and I do not usually split meals but this one we had to since it was way too big for one person. Even splitting it we did not have room for dessert.

I will definitely try the cinnamon ones - I love cinnamon!

Oh wow, it's that much food?! Well, nothing says we have to finish it. :D At least it's an attempt to save room for other things!

Cocina Cucamonga over in DCA is pretty good too. I like their bowl and the street tacos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter