DIY Dining Like Disney June Exercise Challenge

Hi! Catching up after a rough week. I had a weird problem with my eye on Monday night. My eye doctor was able to see me Wednesday morning, and I'm OK - just a usually normal thing that happened too quickly, and made me see some "floaters" and flashes. But thankfully my retina checked out OK.

I've been taking it easy, though (with screen time, exercise, etc.)

75 minutes since my last post
510/600

Hi! Catching up after a rough week. I had a weird problem with my eye on Monday night. My eye doctor was able to see me Wednesday morning, and I'm OK - just a usually normal thing that happened too quickly, and made me see some "floaters" and flashes. But thankfully my retina checked out OK.

Oh, how scary! I'm so glad that nothing was really wrong. Floaters and flashes can be a very bad sign.

31 strength training today.

1041/1000

Added an additional exercise so I don’t need to swim to reach 30 minutes. I’ll probably wish I hadn’t tomorrow!

I've been taking it easy, though (with screen time, exercise, etc.)

75 minutes since my last post
510/600

Glad you’re ok!

Last edited:
Adding minutes from Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday - 84
Sunday -- 70. This was a bit of walking then almost 3 hours of putting a new grill together int he sun with lots squats and arm work out. I was exhausted after this.

Total -- 1668/1800

I need to get 66 minutes today and tomorrow to hit my goal. I think I have this. At one point I needed 84 minutes a day.

+115 more minutes of hiking today. I can tell you that there were many, many out-of-state plates at Rocky Mountain National Park this weekend. Colorado has been doing pretty well at not spiking, but I worry that won't last.

Fortunately on most of our hikes, we hardly saw anyone.

1215/1200

I had you at 380 before, so total of 410?
OH, duh - missed the typo. Thanks!

60 minutes in the waves yesterday - and chasing my granddaughter. It's not as easy as it used to be ☺ but just as much fun!
(470/600)
@PollyannaMom - so sorry about your eye issues - floaters can be so annoying and scary!
@sophy1996 - those salad recipes are just the thing for summer days! And, I share your concerns about the out-of-state plates - we see them at the beach and are worried because so many people aren't wearing masks on the boardwalk. We have good numbers here in NJ and don't want to have the reopening stopped or reversed.

Dropping by on the last day of the month. I have good news: I expect to reach my Apple Watch's June Challenge of Doubling my Move goal for 30 days this month. This challenge was a real stretch for me. In general, I dislike goals that require a certain performance every single day and tend to rebel against them. Grrr. But I'm gonna make it! I have 29 days completed and am, now, at 134% for today with full expectation that the evening horsey feed/clean cycle will get me to 200%.

Phew!!

To tie this back to the thread, my average exercise minutes in June is 175 per day, 1358 kcal/day.

Congratuations to BonnieF for turning Pink! And right now the TEAM as a whole is at 99.1%, so if you have any last minutes, please report them! I'll be back in the next day or two to do a final report.

Today (June 30) is the 2d anniversary of the opening of Toy Story Land in Disney's Hollywood Studios. In honor of the occasion, here is a recipe for Totchos, here is a recipe for the Three Cheese Grilled Sandwich, and here is a recipe for Woody's Lunchbox Tarts--all from Woody's Lunchbox in Toy Story Land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts