No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

Thanks for the surprise update! Definitely with you on the Simpsons ride. Absolutely loved it, I wish Disney had something like it. Star Tours may be close, but not really. Too bad the Kracken ride was down at Seaworld, it's been a while, but I remember really liking that one. I don't think they had the Manta open when we went. It sounds really cool. Also being a big guy I remember having problems in some of the Universal rides. It's part of the reason I haven't rushed to go back. The only ride I've had a problem with at WDW has been the Mine Train. Just uncomfortable (so no desire to ride again), but still fit.

We're heading down to BLT in a few days for mostly a resort and monorail restaurants long July 4th weekend, with maybe some short MK visits thrown in since we have APs. My wife hates weather over 80, and with the 95+ temps, I don't think we'll spend more than an hour or two in the park. :)

Yes, 7DMT was tight and cramped on the knees. I didn't want to ride this time, but was going to go thru queue with dds. It was a 45 minute wait, so they opted to skip it. I like Star Tours since the last refurb, but they are still nothing like the ones at Universal. I wonder if Disney will be able to do a Marvel character based simulator? There are some story lines there.

I play tennis outdoors almost every day of the week in the summer here, but I still wasn't ready for the heat. Keep cool.

Yes, 7DMT was tight and cramped on the knees. I didn't want to ride this time, but was going to go thru queue with dds. It was a 45 minute wait, so they opted to skip it. I like Star Tours since the last refurb, but they are still nothing like the ones at Universal. I wonder if Disney will be able to do a Marvel character based simulator? There are some story lines there.

I play tennis outdoors almost every day of the week in the summer here, but I still wasn't ready for the heat. Keep cool.

I agree they could do great things with Marvel, but as I understand, the contract with Universal prevents Disney from any Marvel attractions east of the Mississippi for 99 years from the contract, which is nowhere near done. Hopefully some day Universal will want to overhaul that area and sell the rights back to Disney. Our best bet is lots and lots more Star Wars. :) and Blue avatar creatures.

I agree they could do great things with Marvel, but as I understand, the contract with Universal prevents Disney from any Marvel attractions east of the Mississippi for 99 years from the contract, which is nowhere near done. Hopefully some day Universal will want to overhaul that area and sell the rights back to Disney. Our best bet is lots and lots more Star Wars. :) and Blue avatar creatures.

I forgot about that contract thing. I still have mixed thoughts on AvatarLand, but it is Disney and I'm sure they will make it great.

2015 October Live Trip Report if the phone works.

WP_20151010_002.jpg

We will be here for a few days before heading on to Vero Beach Resort. This will be the last of the All Star Resorts - Movies. I think they made these rooms smaller than they were 15 years ago. :lmao:

Great theming at the resort.

WP_20151010_003.jpg

WP_20151010_005.jpg

WP_20151010_006.jpg

Over to DHS to Boardwalk to get a beer and then onto Guest Relations at IG before dinner.

Last edited:
After getting the TiW card, we went to eat at Ale & Compass at Yacht Club. Our first time here, but I'm guessing they share a kitchen with Captain's Grille. I had some Kona Lager bottle beer, DW had LiTs, and we ordered the burger, lobster roll, & shrimp to split. We are watching the Cubs beat the Cardinals, 6-3 in the 7th. Back to the Future movie said this was the year.

WP_20151010_011.jpg

I've always been a NL Central fan - Cardinals & Reds.

Enjoy your trip!! Were you able to get the TIW for the old price or $150 already?

Enjoy your trip!! Were you able to get the TIW for the old price or $150 already?

$150. But, we are going Spring Break next year and the CM set it thru the end of November. So, we are definitely getting two trips out of it - maybe 3 - which will make it worthwhile.

$150. But, we are going Spring Break next year and the CM set it thru the end of November. So, we are definitely getting two trips out of it - maybe 3 - which will make it worthwhile.

I think that's what they're supposed to do, end of the next month the year after. I agree, for two or three trips it's still worth it!

Yeah - another TR !
Thanks for sharing.
The TIW is worth it - and you get 2-3 trips from it - great !

We started this AM at Mass at Mary Queen of Universe Church. After 19 trips, I've almost figured out how to navigate down here. :lmao:

WP_20151011_002.jpg

Lots of changes at Disney Springs. We'll have to get over there next trip.

Lunch at All Star Movies.

WP_20151011_004.jpg

TiW works here as well. A fresh salad topped with salmon, with Capt Morgan juiced up LiTs. Drinking before noon makes a great vacation. The dds have went swimming at the pool. I'll find them after lunch - maybe. :rotfl:

I think that's what they're supposed to do, end of the next month the year after. I agree, for two or three trips it's still worth it!

We've always had them go until the end of the month, but I haven't had 13th month included before. It won't matter unless I win the lottery and move to Golden Oak. :lmao:

Yeah - another TR !
Thanks for sharing.
The TIW is worth it - and you get 2-3 trips from it - great !

Thank you. And, I agree about TiW. We did the ddp for years, but TiW is way better for us.

We've always had them go until the end of the month, but I haven't had 13th month included before. It won't matter unless I win the lottery and move to Golden Oak. :lmao:

Thank you. And, I agree about TiW. We did the ddp for years, but TiW is way better for us.

I like TIW so much better - the DDP was too much food.

After lunch, it is time for some dessert. Rice Krispie Mickey is attacking my beer.

WP_20151011_005.jpg

More great theming at the pool. Sorcerer Mickey battles giant broom man with my oldest dd caught in the middle of the epic battle of good & evil.

WP_20151011_006.jpg

She wasn't as amused by the story as I was. :lmao:

I like TIW so much better - the DDP was too much food.

I don't think the phone is correctly translating. Too much food? I'm not sure what that means. :lmao:

You may be banned from the pool !

There is always a good chance of that. I wouldn't bet against me. :lmao:

They closed the pool bar until 3:00 PM today. I'm not sure what they were thinking on that one.

Yes, too much food and too many ADR's and too much having to follow the ADR schedule.
I would rather eat when and where ever with a few ADR's with TIW.
What were they thinking for sure !
Have fun with your beautiful family and give us more ....... !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter