Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Single digits! I'll be arriving at Yacht Club in 9 days. My sister and I are bringing my daughter and my niece for a special Sweet Sixteen trip! The girls only get to see each other once or twice a year, so we are all incediby excited! Some extra excitement for me- I've stayed at YC and BC many times, but this will be my first time staying club level! I looked at a few floor plans, and it looks like the standard club level rooms are all centrally located, on the 5th floor. Is this correct? Also wondering if I can request a day bed. I'm assuming some standard CL rooms have them, and some don't, like the rest of YC? Thanks!

Just back from a long AK day. Had dinner at Boma. Cranky 14 yr old DS left at the resort where he rested and slept all day, which made for a great day for the rest of us. LOL Joined up, happy and rested, for supper at Boma (which was amazing. Best meal so far.)

FOP lived up to the hype. Seriously incredible. Glad I got two FPs for that instead of for River Journey. We will try to rope drop that on the 24th when we go back.

Planning on a pool night but it's raining. First rain we have had... gonna get my feet up and turn on the Law and Order marathon for an hour. LOL

My 8 year old doesn't like sand (she uses a sand brush with powder!!) but LOOOVES SAB. Having sand in the pool is very different from going to a beach. There are parts that you will feel it on your feet and some parts where you won't. Hoping she likes it because honestly, the side that has the shallow pool with the sand is the best part for the little ones. If it helps, the sand is not fine so it doesn't stick to you. It's hard to describe but I think when she sees it she will love it :)
Yes the sand there is, if I remember correctly, smooth recycled glass and clean sand which also gives it colour. Hey if I'm wrong about that do let me know I'm only human. It's not sharp or particularly gritty in texture. There is also the added bonus of no sea shell bits in there either let's face it those little bits can be painful. So no worries there either and it's litter free so even less stress.
You never know she may enjoy the sand buckets and spades that seem to congregate there and there's usually a noodle or two bobbing about. I'm sure somewhere in this thread there are photos of the bottom of the pool and it's sand.

Here now! I'm in a queen/queen room (I booked a King tho o_O) and there is a daybed. Sleeps one, of course, but here it is:

GG4EldW.jpg

GG4EldW.jpg

26" luggage for reference :laughing: I don't know if every queen/queen has this, but there.

ETA: mea culpa, I missed your original message where you specified Beach Club. I'll just leave this up for anyone staying at YC :o

-----

just wanted to say, wow these refurbished rooms are great! I've never been in the old rooms for comparison though :tilt: Love the hard floors and the curtains, and the waterfall showerhead! The beds are super comfortable! I can't hear anyone walking above me, though I can hear faint noises like dropping things on the floor or forceful(?) cabinets/doors closing. No big deal. I hear more noise from the hallway, and even so, I slept from 7:30 PM to 8:45 this morning :teeth: redeye and sleep deprivation this week may have had a hand in that!
That would be perfect for my son.

In light of the cancellation of the park to park, back stage bus I am thinking of a new way to move more easily between AND IN the parks. Hear me out and let me know if you are interested.

I was thinking of utilizing a "Service Donkey", attached to a cart. We all know that Disney can't prevent an animal from coming into the parks if someone claims it's a service animal. We've all seen those pug dogs in strollers dressed in their fancy clothes. They always look like they want to roll out of the carriage and make a run for it over to Casey's for a tube steak. Donkeys pulling carts (in which we are seated) back and forth to parks and resorts sounds like a service to me!

We could call this new service "Duber" which is short for Donkey Uber! (See what I Did there? No?? Are you blind!.. )

PS. I know that Dee has access to an actual donkey so that part of the plan is covered. Note to Dee: Buy Roger the donkey a ticket on Southwest and bring him on our trip so we can test this out...

Loved this post so much!!!

Yes I do have access to a donkey. I don't have experience with diapering my, well you know, but I have recently had to care for a baby goat in pampers. Our trip gets better and better!

I have kind of a random question for you all. Are the h20 products color safe? I am having my hair done the day before we leave in 2 weeks and don't want to wash it out.

I have kind of a random question for you all. Are the h20 products color safe? I am having my hair done the day before we leave in 2 weeks and don't want to wash it out.

Looked at the back of a tube I brought back from Disney, and oddly enough there are no ingredients listed. So, I turned to google and the second ingredient is ammonium laureth sulfate and there are other sulfates in the list. So, no I would not use them on color treated hair - I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner when I travel. You're also going to need to protect your hair from the sun to prevent fading - you'll need a product with UV filters if not wearing a hat.

Looked at the back of a tube I brought back from Disney, and oddly enough there are no ingredients listed. So, I turned to google and the second ingredient is ammonium laureth sulfate and there are other sulfates in the list. So, no I would not use them on color treated hair - I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner when I travel. You're also going to need to protect your hair from the sun to prevent fading - you'll need a product with UV filters if not wearing a hat.

Thank you! I just asked on FB to the group and everyone said bring your own too

Please add us to the list. We will be at YC Nov 29- Dec 1 on the last leg of our epic triple split stay celebrating our 25th Anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter