Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Scott MC, how are you doing with the turn-down service in the evening? Everything work out okay for you on this?

We just arrived this morning at the YC. We got up at around 2:30am for a 5:44 am flight. Ouch. We got here and everyone was exhausted, so we hung out at the pool and waited for our room to be ready. We got one at 12:35pm. I went up to tell them my phone was going dead so I wouldn't get the text that the room was ready and she checked and said they were going to put us on the 3rd floor but a room just opened on the 4th floor and gave it to us. Room 4182, which has 2 queens and a day bed and the room is very nice and a/c is freezing. We all napped and are getting up now to go to the Captain's Grille for dinner then are going to go for a walk on the boardwalk. The room doesn't have a great view (parking lot, think close to bus stop) but has this huge terrace that 4 rooms share. I have never seen a terrace that is shared, it's kinda neat and is really big. The upcoming 4-5 days seem really rainy, so not super happy about that but we will deal. The globe in the lobby is beautiful and super shiny and looks brand new. I will update as time goes by.

PS-I just ordered some groceries and powerade and milk from amazon now. Does anyone know how much they will charge me to pick it up at the YC? Hope it's just a one time charge for the whole order? Should of checked before I ordered.

I am so loyal to the BCV that I have never even contemplated staying elsewhere. I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas once, and it never felt like "home." BCV does. I'm guessing there's a lot of us like that, yeah?

Well, I agree that BCV feels like home and BWV doesn't. But I keep planning trips on short notice and BCV is always sold out, which is to be expected.

I went up to tell them my phone was going dead

You don't travel with an external battery? I have a Mophie. Not the case, just the external battery. I keep it in my park/travel tote bag along with my phone's charging cable. When my battery starts to get low, I use the external battery to charge it. You can get Fuel Rods in the park:
http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...-at-disney-parks-for-recharging-your-devices/
(Not sure why I found a Military Disney Tips page when I googled. These are for everyone, not just military. I even saw them at my airport.)

PS-I just ordered some groceries and powerade and milk from amazon now. Does anyone know how much they will charge me to pick it up at the YC? Hope it's just a one time charge for the whole order? Should of checked before I ordered.

My understanding is that Amazon Prime Now is delivered to Bell Services, the same way that Garden Grocer is delivered to Bell Services. No charge. Amazon Pantry, on the other hand, would be delivered to the YC/BC Convention Center if it comes by FedEx or UPS, and the Convention Center would charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter