Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

No Cabanas has been a good thing. . .at least they are putting them in the least desirable area. Frankly, in that area when you have no little kids--it wouldn't entice me. :(

It's funny, when I was reading the previous post I thought "That stinks, that's my favorite area of SAB". LOL

I wonder if they are going to be adding more turnstiles at the International Gateway?? It seems like there is going to be a lot more people going through that entrance once the gondola is complete. It gets pretty full on some mornings the way it is now. I can't imagine what it would be like if they didn't add more turnstiles. A line to the boats!!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

The pool rules are under 12 must be accompanied by an adult, according to the signage. (I checked as I have two 12 year olds this trip and wanted to see what flexibility I would have with them in the pool specifically.)

Good...that means we can send DD11 down w her 18 yo sister. Sadly though the soon to be 18yo looks about 12 (she's only 4'11") so I expect some grief for her.

I asked this in the Club Level thread and so far haven't gotten many responses but I'm hoping someone here will be able to help. We've booked our first ever CL stay at BC for September and I was wondering if anyone has stayed CL there recently that would share the types of foods and drinks that were available? We have a DS2 that goes through a ton of milk, do they have cartons that can be taken? And water bottles? Any information you'd be willing to share would be greatly appreciated!
We are here now. They do not have cartons of milk. Never have. They also don't have bottles of water. It's in a larger dispenser. They also have strawberry and cucumber infused water. As of last year they didn't give bottles of water to carry to the park but have added. Bottle to the room so it may be possible to get more but I saw people refilling those in the lounge last night from the dispenser. Last night hot was pulled pork, mac n cheeses bites and polenta. They had seared tuna. They always have cold pasta saleafs and olives Pb&j shooters and caramel/apples. Lots of cheese and crackers. The hit changes nightly. We are at BC.

No Cabanas has been a good thing. . .at least they are putting them in the least desirable area. Frankly, in that area when you have no little kids--it wouldn't entice me. :(
Yeah the only upside is they will be in that area. I love sitting at my table under the umbrella. Please don't take that away.

Question.. I've been looking at pictures of SAB and the lazy river and I don't see many tubes and in a lot of pictures I see none at all. Do they still offer them to use for free and how many are available? We're heading there towards the end of Sept and usually do pool in the afternoons. How likely will there be tubes available? Thanks!
Yes they have them. No more doubles this year but they have them. We have had no issues on finding one if we wanted

View attachment 250073 Dee, is this where you're talking about for the cabanas? If so, then that's a nice, unobtrusive spot. Let's hope they are bright and stripey!

That is exactly where they were running the kids games & the dance music from when we were there in May. First time I ever saw them over there. I hope if that's where the cabanas go, they move the fun & games back to the middle pool area.

I just checked out from my blissful 2 night YC stay. The day we arrived, the quiet pool and laundry were closed due to refurb activity. I believe due to carpet installation in hall leading to the exit to that courtyard. New carpet finished in one day and looks great! We did have construction noise during our first day, and in the a.m. At 7:00 outside our room. Most of the first floor rooms were literally walled off-- no hallway access. We were in room 3096 (GV, made no requests.) based on the smell and some plastic wrapped appliances, we think it likely we were the first family in the room since it was refurbed. Or no one used the fridge yet! I am mixed on the new rooms. Love, love, love the shower and built in reading lamps. We were not fans of the floor--it got cruddy immediately, and was not swept, so felt dirty to walk on. The art and finishings were pleasing, but we liked the old ones, too. I miss the storage for large items. The closets are great for hanging, clothes, and shoes, but all of our luggage had to hang out in the room. Tough if you have a stroller! The Keureg is a nice upgrade, though we never used it. The Dasani water was great, though ours was missing on the first day. I knew it was missing, because there was a paper saying enjoy it. I was happy when it showed up the next day! Overall cast members and guests were courteous. We had no problems swimming, plenty of chairs, overall reasonable crowds. We loved the convenience of the Market at Ale and Compass. I look forward to the merchandise moving back in.

Just arrived at our magical place yesterday and we got a beautiful refurbished room overlooking the wedding pavilion and boardwalk (not bad for a garden view!) Love the new rooms, apart from the ceiling light which is which is so bright you could perform surgery under it!!
YC lobby I noticed was very quiet which we like and BC lobby extremely busy. DD loves all the new coke choices at the Market at Ale and Compass. Sad to see the globe has gone but happy that the bar at Hurricane Hannah's is now open till 10pm!

Do the Coke freestyle machines at A&C have ginger ale as an option? I don't care about most sodas but I do love ginger ale.

Welp, I got the dreaded email from Photobucket and now my nieces and nephews no longer show in my signature.

I refuse to pay for Photobucket. What are people on here doing about photos now?

I assume any of my photos which NateBenMa put on the first few pages of this thread also have the annoying notice in place of my photos ("Please update your account to enable third party hosting.)

Question: Do the studios sleep 4 or 5? I have read both answers so I wanted the correct answer so I came here, lol!

We are a family of 5 so I need to figure out if I try for a DVC or if I just do a regular room with a hopeful magical deal.

Thanks..

Officially booked a 2 bedroom BC villa for Feb. 25th - Mar 4th!!! It will be my parents, 2 children (3 and 6) and my husband and me. We were unsure of where to book with a larger party but after a little "youtubing" we saw the BCVs and fell in love! We've only ever stayed at GF (Dec.'16 just the 4 of us) and also that's where we stayed as a family when I was young. Looking forward to it and hoping that we get a warm day or 2 so we can enjoy the amazing pool! As a newbie to the Epcot area resorts what are the "must-dos?" I am almost considering not even having a morning/early day in epcot since that is probably where we will end up most evenings since it is so close...is that short-sighted?

Hello all!
I'm considering either Yacht or Beach Club for my October-November 2018 trip. I've never stayed at a Deluxe resort, nor have I ever stayed at a resort so close to one of the theme parks. For those that have, what are your personal pros/cons about both resorts? I'm just in the early planning stages of this trip, so any advice/information would be great. We'd be looking at a standard or Garden view room, nothing too crazy. Thank you!

Thanks for the head's up on the bottle refill. Of course it would not be sanitary... my kids' school has a refill station with cold filtered water for water bottles but of course it's right next to the dreaded water fountain so hygiene isn't top of mind. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter