Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello! We will be at the YC for the first time, arriving 15th August 2018 for 15 nights.

It's also our first time staying Deluxe. We've booked a garden/woods view room and the special requests we made at booking were high floor and full balcony. Excited but nervous. We also haven't told the kids yet. We will have to tell them before the time as they are both on the spectrum and don't like surprises. But we wanted to get as close to a 'surprise' as we can so we're planning on telling them just a few weeks before if we can last that long.

They loved the Royal Rooms at POR. We were given a lovely corner room with a river view (we'd booked a garden view), near the bridge. It was so perfect in many respects that's why I'm a little nervous. The room was pretty quiet, no noisy neighbours and a good room location to relax when they needed a bit of sensory downtime.

They will love walking to 2 parks instead of taking the bus everywhere and SAB. If anyone has any suggestions or advice for making sure we make the most of the resort I'm grateful for any tips.
I believe you don't have to request full balcony, at YC all rooms have a full balcony. You may want to request a room near lobby elevator. The halls are really long at both YC and BC.

Hey Dee, when you do your updating on the first page, we have changed our travel date to June 4 to June 10, 2018.
Thank You

I believe you don't have to request full balcony, at YC all rooms have a full balcony. You may want to request a room near lobby elevator. The halls are really long at both YC and BC.

Thanks. I booked direct with Disney and when I said they all have full balconies don't they, I was told that there are a few rooms that don't. So he put it in.

I was thinking that we don't really want to be near the elevators as one or both of them may pick up on the noise of the mechanisms. Anyone with family members with sensory issues will know where I'm coming from on that. But maybe that won't be an issue here?

We've also stayed on corridors in other hotels near to the fire doors half way down the halls and that meant issues with hearing them banging into the early hours as people walked through them. Is there anything like that here? We don't mind a bit of a walk to increase the likelihood of a bit more quiet at the end of a busy day. But are the corridors very long? I'm sure I'm worried about nothing. But taking them away involves a lot of planning.

Just a small correction / reminder. There are at least 5 Guest Rooms at the YC that do not have a balcony or patio.

They are all located on the corner of the YC building adjacent to the Gazebo section: 1163, 2163, 3163, 4163, 5163. They all have a slightly long entry way and a very Bright set of 2 Double windows looking into the Gazebo section. Please note that 1163 does not have a patio. Also, please note that 5163 is a Club Level room.

Dave

Have you considered a split stay? Get the best of both worlds! A BC/YC and MK resort split is always nice IMO :)

I would love to but our air is locked in..I can't talk my hubby into splitting 6 nights...if the air wasn't booked, I would add 2 days :(

Just back from a wonderful stay at the YC. Made even more magical by our CL UPGRADE!!! We checked in around 4 pm on 6/8. We stayed at ASM the night before as we were coming in around 8 p.m (unfortunately flight was delayed and didn't land until 10:30 so got to the ASM around 11:30). Anyways we checked into the YC and DH was at the desk for a long time and was telling me to come over. I assumed the worst (lost reservation, wrong date, as we had our share of misfortunes during our flight and luggage issues). He had a look of shock and said the nice person was going to show us to our room. I figured either we looked not too sharp (hot and rainy at the parks that day so we were a little disheveled) or because of construction there was a weird way to get to the room. But the very nice woman told us she was taking us to the Regatta Club as we were upgraded to club level. Now we have been to WDW over 25 times. The best time ever was when our 6 year old was picked as the Big Kahuna at Typhoon Lagoon. Didn't think it could get better than that! But it can!!

Still in shock and waiting for the nice woman to say "just kidding - you're in a room next to the supply closet and have a view of the roof". But she didn't. She actually took us to the 5th floor (had to use our MB to access the 5th floor - no pushing buttons for us!). I could barely listen to the other nice person sitting at the desk telling us about the Regatta Club. I know myself and DH wanted to jump up and down like little kids but we remained calm. Our 14 year old had no clue why this was so special. They took us to the lounge and brought us glasses of strawberry champagne (milk for dd - her request). All the time we are still waiting for the "you've been punked" line.

And then it got better. We were in room 5181. Best view ever. Straight on view of the lake and BW from our balcony. Beautiful room. Large bathroom. Awesome smelling shampoo.

Once the nice people left we jumped up and down like we had won the lottery. Explained to DD that for the cost we could probably buy a nice used car. It's why we've never stayed CL. Dreamed of it, but couldn't bite that bullet.

When we came back that evening there were chocolates on our bed! Good chocolate!

Took us a few days to feel comfortable (like why do we deserve this??) But we had such a great time. We were there to celebrate dd's 15th bday so it was even more special. Loved the lounge and the convenience. We used it a lot in the afternoons during the rain and storms that kept closing the pool. Best potato chips ever!!

We still can't get over the experience and now it has ruined us. I had a hard time staying at a moderate after staying deluxe. Now the bar has been set for the deluxe :).

We are closing out our amazing vacation 4 night double dip on the dream followed by 5 nights CL beach club. It has been a very long rainy cloudy cool 11 days. I think we could make it storm in the Sahara desert lol. We still made the most of it. We stayed in a deluxe room and had a 2/7 chance of a Juliet balcony and that's what we got. Lucky for us the weather wasn't balcony weather. Watch out guys, very large Herbalife convention just invaded bc, it has been so quiet and peaceful and now it is so loud and crowded. Waited almost 35 minutes for lunch at Hannah's. can't leave soon enough. As I walked past the YC I saw the globe in the lobby!

Just a small correction / reminder. There are at least 5 Guest Rooms at the YC that do not have a balcony or patio.

They are all located on the corner of the YC building adjacent to the Gazebo section: 1163, 2163, 3163, 4163, 5163. They all have a slightly long entry way and a very Bright set of 2 Double windows looking into the Gazebo section. Please note that 1163 does not have a patio. Also, please note that 5163 is a Club Level room.

Dave

Thanks for that. I knew about 5163 but that is all I have ever heard of. Thanks for the info about the other rooms. Are they all rooms in the water view category?

:thumbsup2

What an awesome upgrade!!!! I was thrilled in April when a cm handed me a violet lemonade in Epcot and said Mickey had called her to tell her I was headed her way and wanted me to have it for my birthday. Like literally little kid want to jump up and down excited. I can only imagine how jump up and down excited you must have been!!!! We will be staying YC CL next month and can't wait.

Good to hear globe is back in the lobby!

60 days to go! Got all of our Fastpasses we wanted! Went to check in online and there wasnt much there. We're staying BCV and there were two choices lower, upper or large balcony (which is silly because all bcv room have a least one full balcony) or near elevator. Nothing about view, pool or woods or epcot. I guess I will have to call to make my full requests.

How long are you staying? You might consider a split stay for a longer trip. Half at BC and half at an MK resort.
Hi Jody,

We are looking at staying for 7 nights, so you could be right, and perhaps we should consider a split stay. How does that work out on the check out day of the first resort, is it a massive pain to have to check out, get luggage across to the other resort, check in, etc etc?

page 917

Hello! We will be at the YC for the first time, arriving 15th August 2018 for 15 nights.

It's also our first time staying Deluxe. We've booked a garden/woods view room and the special requests we made at booking were high floor and full balcony. Excited but nervous. We also haven't told the kids yet. We will have to tell them before the time as they are both on the spectrum and don't like surprises. But we wanted to get as close to a 'surprise' as we can so we're planning on telling them just a few weeks before if we can last that long.

They loved the Royal Rooms at POR. We were given a lovely corner room with a river view (we'd booked a garden view), near the bridge. It was so perfect in many respects that's why I'm a little nervous. The room was pretty quiet, no noisy neighbours and a good room location to relax when they needed a bit of sensory downtime.

They will love walking to 2 parks instead of taking the bus everywhere and SAB. If anyone has any suggestions or advice for making sure we make the most of the resort I'm grateful for any tips.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of this thread.

I think you and your family will love the resort- as you mention, the pool is spectacular and not having to take buses everywhere is a great benefit.

For tips, follow along here for the latest news to get you excited about the trip. Also, read over the first page of the thread when you get a chance, especially Post 13 (FAQ) and Post 14 (Other Useful Info)

:cool1:

Hey Dee, when you do your updating on the first page, we have changed our travel date to June 4 to June 10, 2018.
Thank You

Will do!

:goodvibes

Just back from a wonderful stay at the YC. Made even more magical by our CL UPGRADE!!! We checked in around 4 pm on 6/8. We stayed at ASM the night before as we were coming in around 8 p.m (unfortunately flight was delayed and didn't land until 10:30 so got to the ASM around 11:30). Anyways we checked into the YC and DH was at the desk for a long time and was telling me to come over. I assumed the worst (lost reservation, wrong date, as we had our share of misfortunes during our flight and luggage issues). He had a look of shock and said the nice person was going to show us to our room. I figured either we looked not too sharp (hot and rainy at the parks that day so we were a little disheveled) or because of construction there was a weird way to get to the room. But the very nice woman told us she was taking us to the Regatta Club as we were upgraded to club level. Now we have been to WDW over 25 times. The best time ever was when our 6 year old was picked as the Big Kahuna at Typhoon Lagoon. Didn't think it could get better than that! But it can!!

Still in shock and waiting for the nice woman to say "just kidding - you're in a room next to the supply closet and have a view of the roof". But she didn't. She actually took us to the 5th floor (had to use our MB to access the 5th floor - no pushing buttons for us!). I could barely listen to the other nice person sitting at the desk telling us about the Regatta Club. I know myself and DH wanted to jump up and down like little kids but we remained calm. Our 14 year old had no clue why this was so special. They took us to the lounge and brought us glasses of strawberry champagne (milk for dd - her request). All the time we are still waiting for the "you've been punked" line.

And then it got better. We were in room 5181. Best view ever. Straight on view of the lake and BW from our balcony. Beautiful room. Large bathroom. Awesome smelling shampoo.

Once the nice people left we jumped up and down like we had won the lottery. Explained to DD that for the cost we could probably buy a nice used car. It's why we've never stayed CL. Dreamed of it, but couldn't bite that bullet.

When we came back that evening there were chocolates on our bed! Good chocolate!

Took us a few days to feel comfortable (like why do we deserve this??) But we had such a great time. We were there to celebrate dd's 15th bday so it was even more special. Loved the lounge and the convenience. We used it a lot in the afternoons during the rain and storms that kept closing the pool. Best potato chips ever!!'
We still can't get over the experience and now it has ruined us. I had a hard time staying at a moderate after staying deluxe. Now the bar has been set for the deluxe :).

:welcome: to the thread!!!

Thanks for posting about your wonderful upgrade and your fantastic stay.

My first trip to the BC included a CL upgrade and the feelings you described are exactly what I remember. My family was alternately singing the theme to the Jeffersons "We're Movin' on Up" and "I Think We're Going to Like it Here" from Annie. OK, maybe just me, not the family.

Can't see the emojis right now- insert dancing dog...

We are closing out our amazing vacation 4 night double dip on the dream followed by 5 nights CL beach club. It has been a very long rainy cloudy cool 11 days. I think we could make it storm in the Sahara desert lol. We still made the most of it. We stayed in a deluxe room and had a 2/7 chance of a Juliet balcony and that's what we got. Lucky for us the weather wasn't balcony weather. Watch out guys, very large Herbalife convention just invaded bc, it has been so quiet and peaceful and now it is so loud and crowded. Waited almost 35 minutes for lunch at Hannah's. can't leave soon enough. As I walked past the YC I saw the globe in the lobby!

Thanks for the news about the globe!

Aw, sorry about some of the disappointments during your trip, but glad to hear you have been making the most of it.

::yes::

Last edited:
Question for recent visitors to the Yacht Club- Is the merchandise sales area still set up in the lobby of the YC?

Thanks!

:cool2:

ETA- read in a previous post that the merchandise would probably be there until late July

Last edited:
page 906-907

You're very fortunate that you can only hear "buzzing". We were on the Club Level in room 5150 last Thursday and Friday and the loud sound of drilling into concrete went on for the 2 days we were there. We had to raise our voices to hear one another and turn the TV up loud to drown out the construction noise. According to the letter in the room, it should have stopped at 5 pm but on Thursday evening, it went past 6 pm when we left for dinner. I didn't hear anyone else in the lounge complaining so maybe we were just unlucky with the location and timing.

:welcome: to the thread.

So sorry to hear that you had to deal with such disruptive noise. I wonder where they were working- I believe at the time of your trip it was either the rooms on the 3rd and 2nd floor that were being worked on. I'm also disappointed to hear that the work was happening later than the promised end-time.

:mad:

Any runners here? I'm trying to figure out how to run 5 miles during my 09/8-09/16 BC stay. Theoretically I'm in training for a 10K at the end of September, and if somehow I have energy after being at the parks all day, I'd like to get at least one run in during my stay. Any suggestions on a route?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Others have provided info/suggestions about the running path around the EPCOT resort area.

page 908

We had a great time on our recent trip at Beach Club. Here's a little of a trip report.

*snip*

Overall, good experience and very tired :)

Thank you so much for your review!

I'm contemplating getting the One-Bedroom club level Suite at the Beach Club. I've never stayed at club level anywhere ever, is the additional cost worth it? Or would I be better off getting a One-Bedroom villa instead? Do any of those one-bedroom suites have firework views?

:welcome: to the thread!

I'm not sure what replies you have received to this yet.

What is the price difference and availability?

I believe someone mentioned the bedding differences between the two rooms

With a 1 Bedroom Suite at the resort, you have access to the club level food and drink offerings, see Page 1, Post 12 of this thread.

::yes::

We just returned from 5 nights at the Yacht Club.

*snip*

MsA

Thank you for your feedback about the trip.

:)

page 910

We are officially going back! Somehow broke into Disney's system this morning and managed to sort of book even though booking is down, but the tickets disappeared from our package so we'll have to fix that tomorrow when booking is officially back up.

Anyways, managed to get at least the room booked, so we are heading home to the YC Sept 18-24!!!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

We are staying at the Beach Club in August and I just assumed the AC would be fine. I get horrible migraines sometimes and need the air. Should we switch resorts?

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool2:

Hey guys! We just got notification our room is 2631 at Beach Club. I am looking at the specific map on this thread and can't tell exactly where it is in the building. It also looks like it has a roll in shower. Is that a handicap room? If so are there other things that will be different. Trying to get an idea before we get there what to expect!

Hope you had/are having a fantastic trip!

Page 911

Is your sense that the lobby will be under renovation December 2017?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I just finished editing and narrating a complete video tour of the Beach Club Resort in 4K. I hope this helps either bring back great memories for some and helps others plan their stay! Enjoy!!

Thank you! This is awesome.

May I add it to the video/picture review post? Page 1, Post 16.

:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter