Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have some sad news about one of our friends here on the board- I just learned that Debbie (screen name hill6) passed away suddenly yesterday while on vacation at Disney with her husband Mike and daughter Chrissy. Her husband emailed me this morning with the shocking news. She had just sent me pictures by email of the road construction near the WDW arch as they were travelling from Universal to Disney. I had gotten to know her well through our shared love of the Beach Club, Disney, Universal and planning for trips.

Rest in peace, my kind friend.

xoxo

Just reading this now. So very sad. My sincere condolences to the family.

Was hoping there was a sneak peek at the menu for the new YC counter service opening next week. Has anyone seen the menu yet?

Finally, here is the word on the status of the Ale and Compass Lounge:

The Ale & Compass Lounge will be closed for a refurbishment from May 25, 2017 through late fall. Please check back for updates.
It obviously will be remodeled/refurbished along with the Captain's Grille. :yay:
The temporary location will probably be at the new Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace.

Can anyone offer some room request suggestions for the Yacht Club garden/woods view? (I THINK I'm going to switch from BC to YC...it's a $350 savings for 5 nights)

We have a 5 year old and 2 year old. We have a few reservations for breakfast and dinner at the Beach Club. We'll be walking to Epcot often but also catching the buses to MK. We're hoping to spend a bit of time at Stormalong Bay. I'm guessing a request to be near the lobby would be beneficial?

How about ground floor vs upper. We've always stayed at POR and ALWAYS request and prefer a ground floor because of the stroller/few elevators (noise above doesn't both us) Would ground flood still be a good request at YC? Do all ground flood rooms have a door leading outside to a patio? Or are some first floor rooms along the walkway so you have outside noise from people walking by who are not resort guests and no patio?

Any other requests I should consider? We really aren't picky but if we could put a request that could possibly minimize a long walk once back to the resort/to the pool, that would be wonderful. We know it's not guaranteed.

And if Beach Club is a much better option for our requests, let me know and maybe we'll just stay at BC instead.

We first stayed at the YC when our kids were your kids ages and loved it! We didn't put any special requests in and ended up with a lagoon view upgrade. Especially nice because we spent a lot of time on that balcony when kids were napping or sleeping at night (they were early to bed kids). If it's really important, putting close to elevators might be good.

We have never stayed at BC although I am open to it now. BC doesn't have many full balconies so to me that always lost it points. Now that kids are teens it's not as important. But we are still headed back to YC this summer because I got a better deal there (club level this time!)

That whole area is wonderful. I honestly would be happy at BWI, YC, or BC.

Have fun planning!

I sent along your greeting- Teena replied:

"I remember them ...super sweet!! Please pass along my love to them.

I miss my friends/guests so much. It was never a job ...I loved hanging out with these families ...they all became my family. I would have never left just to retire ...it meant too much to me."

View attachment 236676

August 2014

I almost forgot that we took pictures. I had to search for mine as well. It was so nice to visit Teena at the lobby every time we came back from the parks and also it was very nice to meet you @natebenma.

So I am very confused by the new renovation news. New Market at ale & compass opening, old ale & compass closing for Reno. Will gift shop stay in lobby for summer months?

Can anyone offer some room request suggestions for the Yacht Club garden/woods view? (I THINK I'm going to switch from BC to YC...it's a $350 savings for 5 nights).
Call in to central reservations and request "gazebo view" upper floor. That is all you will need. Just remember, it is a request only and I really hope you get it. It's probably the best area of the YC to be in (IMHO).
Katesdad

Are you allowed in the pool with water shoes On? The ones that stop kids slipping. Thanks.
Yes, you can wear water shoes in the pool. :)

So I am very confused by the new renovation news. New Market at ale & compass opening, old ale & compass closing for Reno. Will gift shop stay in lobby for summer months?
I think most of us are confused, too. ::yes::

We'll be checking into the Beach Club next Friday and I'll be sure to find out the facts. :magnify:

We just got back and had a wonderful time. We are going back home next year, but sadly won't be able to stay at the Yacht Club. We are bringing 4 other people with us and trying to pay for most of it ourselves and can't find arrangements that will fit us all :-(

The online room requests at the YC are now limited to Ground Floor or Upper Floor. You are allowed to make two selections. :)
The Beach Club has Large Balcony, Lower Floor or Upper Floor. And this was the first year I was going to choose near elevator. :)

I can't seem to find this, are there towels by the pool? Should I call housekeeping to get more or should I bring my own?

As others have indicated, there are plenty of towels available at Stormalong Bay and at the 3 quiet pools at the resort as well.

I don't think I have this info specifically in the pool posts, so will add that.

:fish:

Call in to central reservations and request "gazebo view" upper floor. That is all you will need. Just remember, it is a request only and I really hope you get it. It's probably the best area of the YC to be in (IMHO).
Katesdad
This.

Those of you going home to YC in the near future (like, in less than 3 weeks :D), if you happened to want to ask about the lobby globe and then HAPPENED to want to report back here, that would be okay. :flower3:

We are checking in on the 24th if you happen to remember to remind me because my memory seems not to be cooperating lately...I will gladly report back! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter