Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

Jan 31 - Feb 3 (2018) BCV

Last edited:
Reported by WDW News Today, with regard to the new Market at Ale and Compass:

The addition of this location is important as it would mark the only counter service restaurant inside of the Yacht Club resort. Sources claim that this location will be a coffee house in the morning, offer a quick service lunch, and then be a lounge/bar in the evenings.

According to cast members at the resort, the Fittings and Fairings shop will move to the current location of Ale and Compass Lounge once this new counter service location is completed.

Does this mean that Ale and Compass Lounge will be permanently relocated to the Fittings and Fairings space or just during remodeling of Captain's Grille and A&C Lounge? I had heard that the Lounge was going to be expanded. The current location is great for people watching.

Sorry, my times were off before. This is the sign outside the gift shop.

Went downstairs an hour ago to leave and saw this. Not a secret after all!

Paraphrasing George Costanza about a secret suit sale "For an unadvertised sale, you are doing a lot of yakking about it!"

Thanks so much for sharing the info and pictures of the signs with us!

:thanks:

So sad to hear about Debbie, my thoughts are with her family :worried:.

Thank you all for the info on the YC market! I'm excited to see this option, especially with the drink stations!

page 877

My friend and I just booked shampoos and blowouts at the Beach Club salon for before our Le Cellier dinner! Very excited!! Anyone use the spa or salon services before?!

There are a few reviews on Page 1, Post 5 Amenities of the spa/salon. There are some comments about massages and mani/pedi services, but I can't remember if anyone has given feedback about the haircare offerings.

Check out the comments, and please let us know what you think after your appointments.

Is there anyone who can provide additional feedback on the spa services?

:goodvibes

We'll be staying for 9 nights in June. For the 3 nights in February we'll be going value to save money.

:welcome:

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you to the June group!

:cool1:

Hi from the Yacht Club! We arrived right on time at 10 this morning, leaving a cold drizzle & arriving to 70* & sunny- perfect park weather. Funny to see the lifeguards in fleece jackets while folks were swimming.

We are in a waterview club level room, 2 queens with a bathtub. I will try to get a few view pictures later in the week. I was hoping for a room with just a shower, but I didn't request it so no biggie. I do love the look of the new rooms, the drapes are so cute. They really look just like nice navy drapes til you look really close. Then lots of Disney surprises!

The closets & dresser offer lots of storage space. I like to pack our toiletries in zip lock bags & we keep them in there throughout the trip too. The top drawers are only a few inches high & perfect to keep all those toiletries bags in. Previously I would keep them on top of the dresser, so the room looks so much nicer without all that cluttering up the dresser. Plenty of room in the safe even after I put our 2 tablets, I pod & small jewelry box in it.

We do have the larger sized shampoo & body wash. Also, solar gel, mouthwash & shower caps in the room. We went to Epcot for a bit & returned to find a "welcome back" card & small box of chocolates.

One little issue: I am a short person (5'2). The bed is high! I have to lift up on my toes to sit on it. I'm hoping I don't kill myself if I get up in the middle of the night! :laughing:

I'll try to post the lounge offerings later.

Thank you so much for this helpful, detailed review!

:thumbsup2

After your trip, if you could provide your room number and picture of your view, you know I would appreciate it!!!

So 2 queens, no daybed, tub and shower?

Interesting on the larger size shampoo/body wash. I wonder if this is a club level feature or will be in all of the renovated rooms. Yours is the first I have heard of this. I like this concept from a reduction of plastic waste standpoint.

Glad to hear about your welcome back gift.

As someone who is vertically challenged, I appreciate your concerns about the high bed.

:eek:

page 878-879

For our May 30-June 5 2018 we areswtiching from YC regular room to AKL CL

Thanks for letting us know. I'll make the adjustment to the BOG list.

Have a fantastic trip!

::yes::

Thank you!

I'm so excited...I've already started to pack! :D

When is your trip?

The maximum you can charge to your room at the YC/BC Deluxe before the charge is run on the credit card on file is $2000. We always charge everything to our room using our Magic Bands and then I pay the balance down with Gift Cards every few days. You can not have a credit balance on your account, but you can pay existing charges with the cards.

Thanks for posting this info. I didn't know that. I'll add a little blurb to the "Other Useful Info" post on Page 1.

I am dropping in to say "hello~" to everyone on this thread. We will be at BC from 8/26~9/2 and getting excited. It's been 3 years since BC/YC stay and it's been too long. Can't wait to return for summer fun at Stormalong Bay and start of Food & Wine.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

page 880

can anyone help me out with menus? I never really looked at the menus until I just heard there were some changes. I just checked captains grill breakfast and it no longer lists any buffet, we loved it 3 years ago so is it no longer being offered with the new location? Same kind of question about cape may breakfast buffet, the menu , while I know its a buffet it looks like the selection has been drastically reduced. We have biscuits and gravy eaters in our house and I am not seeing that on the menu. I also remember fritatas and potatoes. Is it just a vague menu or has something changed?
Character Breakfast Offerings

Great question!

I used to hang out on the restaurant boards, but I haven't had time lately to read reviews. I think any of the posts I have in Dining Post 7 are fairly outdated. I actually haven't done the Cape May Character breakfast since 2008, which is before my first stay at the resort! Chip and Dale were still meeting then!

:cool2:

Single digit dance!!:banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

At loooooooong last weve almost made it back! Had this holiday booked since April 2015. Won't actually believe I'm there until we check in and I've made it this time!!

Hoping to do a trip report whilst I'm there. Xx

Wow!!! That is quite a wait.

Have an incredible, magical trip!!!

:dogdance:

This morning while driving DS 13 to school, I mentioned that we will be staying at BC for summer at WDW and he mentioned Teena and how wonderful she was every time we stayed at BC/YC. I told him that she retired and she no longer works at BC and he was alittle sad and said that it won't be the same. We miss you Teena!

:hug:

That is really sweet! I will pass along your message to Teena.

I am in touch with her frequently. She is very busy in Las Vegas, helping out Jeanne and some of the other teachers at the school, being an awesome Nanny to Lily and taking trips to Florida with friends or family when she can. She misses the Beach Club and her home in Florida a lot.

I think I posted this awhile back, I need to pull some pictures of her April trip to Lily

Tarzan.jpg

BTW: I met you very briefly one morning in August 2014, and I have a picture of you, your son, Teena, ~Ninja and me. Did I ever send that to you? I can also post it here, but I would not do that without your permission.

Hi, can anyone tell me what times I can expect Hurricane Hannah's bar & grill to close in July? Mainly the bar :rolleyes1

TIA x

Good question! I have never been able to get a handle on when Hurricane Hanna's stops serving food or when the bar closes.

Anyone have any recent information about the closing time?

I do remember meeting (my roommate for that trip) HockeymomR for the first time over Sunken Treasures at HH in Aug 2014. We didn't get there until around 9:30 or 10 pm and I think we left shortly before 11 and continued to gab in the BC lobby.

:drinking1

page 881-883

We were just at YC over the weekend. The renovated rooms are just beautiful! I have never been in a room with so much storage space!

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thank you for your comments!

Would you mind sharing a few pieces of info? What room number or what floor? What was the bedding- king or two queens? Daybed or no? Tub or Shower only?

Thanks!

Jan 31 - Feb 3 (2018) BCV

Got it!

I'll add you to the list.

Reported by WDW News Today, with regard to the new Market at Ale and Compass:

Does this mean that Ale and Compass Lounge will be permanently relocated to the Fittings and Fairings space or just during remodeling of Captain's Grille and A&C Lounge? I had heard that the Lounge was going to be expanded. The current location is great for people watching.

Good question! I look forward to finding out exactly what is in store (and where is the store) for the Yacht Club lobby. And- dun, dun, dun- will the globe be coming out of storage soon?

:magnify:

We will be there in nine days and will check it out. Al, the greeter at the YC, told me that they will close Captain's Grille for refurbishment after they open the new quick service location. We'll see if that happens.

ETA: Ariel's will be the temporary location for Captain's Grille.

We will be at BC in June. I wonder if there will be a menu out of what food the quick service will offer online soon.

That is really sweet! I will pass along your message to Teena.

I am in touch with her frequently. She is very busy in Las Vegas, helping out Jeanne and some of the other teachers at the school, being an awesome Nanny to Lily and taking trips to Florida with friends or family when she can. She misses the Beach Club and her home in Florida a lot.

I think I posted this awhile back, I need to pull some pictures of her April trip to Lily

View attachment 236642

BTW: I met you very briefly one morning in August 2014, and I have a picture of you, your son, Teena, ~Ninja and me. Did I ever send that to you? I can also post it here, but I would not do that without your permission.

Thank you and say "hi and we really miss her at BC" to Teena for me and Winston. We will be at Las Vegas earlier this summer as well while visiting Grand Canyon. Do you have the picture? I remember that we did take a picture. My parents were there and we had to rush out since we had to meet my sister's family at Epcot. Of course you could post it here!

Thank you and say "hi and we really miss her at BC" to Teena for me and Winston. We will be at Las Vegas earlier this summer as well while visiting Grand Canyon. Do you have the picture? I remember that we did take a picture. My parents were there and we had to rush out since we had to meet my sister's family at Epcot. Of course you could post it here!

I sent along your greeting- Teena replied:

"I remember them ...super sweet!! Please pass along my love to them.

I miss my friends/guests so much. It was never a job ...I loved hanging out with these families ...they all became my family. I would have never left just to retire ...it meant too much to me."

DSCF1258 - Copy.JPG

August 2014

Last edited:
So, let me see if I can get this straight.

It sounds like Fittings and Fairings is becoming 1/2 QS (named Market at Ale and Compass), and 1/2 gift shop.

The current Ale and Compass Lounge is temporarily becoming the gift shop until later in the summer, and then hopefully will reopen as a lounge?

So does this mean that for the next few months, YC will be without a bar/lounge? This seems kind of silly for a convention hotel, no?

Is crews cup lounge still open or Martha's Vineyard? We were hoping to pop into one of them during our stay for a little break.

So, let me see if I can get this straight.

It sounds like Fittings and Fairings is becoming 1/2 QS (named Market at Ale and Compass), and 1/2 gift shop.

The current Ale and Compass Lounge is temporarily becoming the gift shop until later in the summer, and then hopefully will reopen as a lounge?

So does this mean that for the next few months, YC will be without a bar/lounge? This seems kind of silly for a convention hotel, no?

It seems as though ale and compass is still a lounge. At least inside where the actual bar is. The gift shop area is in the lobby on the opposite side of the sofas that face the bell services desk. Not too large looks to be about 20x20 or so maybe...? So at least as of today that's the case. And ale and compass has had patrons in it every time we pass through. I guess we will see if that changes. But it would def be odd to have no bar/ lounge in a hotel that caters to the conventions set.

I can't seem to find this, are there towels by the pool? Should I call housekeeping to get more or should I bring my own?

According to WDW News Today, the new Market at Ale and Compass will become a bar/lounge in the evening hours. If this is accurate, the uncertainty is if this is permanent or temporary. With at least a portion of Fittings and Fairings renamed to become Market at Ale and Compass, it does make one wonder. On the other hand, a CM told me, within the last month or two, that A&C would be enlarged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter